Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old November 19th, 2018, 10:00 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: New York New Year Showdown! Buffalo area

@Sir Dendrik was a regular when we used to play a lot on Long Island. Maybe I'll be able to make it for a reunion!

Old November 30th, 2018, 06:43 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So can I bring Hulk as an army or is only your special loaner army allowed?
Old November 30th, 2018, 07:02 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
I intended on only allowing one "hulk army." However, since no one else has expressed interest, feel free to bring your own Hulk and make that your army. Please just let me know if that's truly what you want to do!

The reason I wanted this rule was really because I didn't want any of the players having to play against a Hulk two times (or worse yet, end up with a Hulk vs Hulk pure dice-fest match-up...)

I want the Hulk army to be unique to only one player. That can definitely be either you or your wife if you want!
Old November 30th, 2018, 09:33 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
Quote:
I intended on only allowing one "hulk army." However, since no one else has expressed interest, feel free to bring your own Hulk and make that your army. Please just let me know if that's truly what you want to do!

The reason I wanted this rule was really because I didn't want any of the players having to play against a Hulk two times (or worse yet, end up with a Hulk vs Hulk pure dice-fest match-up...)

I want the Hulk army to be unique to only one player. That can definitely be either you or your wife if you want!
Okely dokely. Probably won't use Hulk but I wanted know if the option was open.
Old December 1st, 2018, 04:59 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Okely dokely. Probably won't use Hulk but I wanted know if the option was open.
It’s still open! I’ll announce if somebody contacts me about using Hulk. If nobody asks ahead of time, I’ll just bring him as a loaner.

Just updated OP with:

-Every map (with treasure) will use treasure glyph trap: New Years Prank - on 1-5, opponent moves the (still face down) treasure glyph to any location within 4 hexes.

-Added prize pool, which for now consists of NIB spearmen and riflemen, and two other prizes that will be 60/40 store credit split of the collected entry fees.
Old December 4th, 2018, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Quote:
Here is the image of the changes we are making to Galaxian for our tourney. Cut 4 spaces out of SZ and moved the water that is to the immediate outside of each start zone toward the middle/inside glyph area, where there were once no tiles:

I can let you know what I (or anyone else that attends and has an opinion) think of the map. I'm planning on getting some sort of report posted in my battle report thread along with pictures.
I really like those changes to Galaxian! 😎 I put those two water hexes there (just outside the SZs) purely for purposes of symmetry, but wish in retrospect that I hadn't and had instead gone with your tweak.
It looks like I never responded to this.... But your original version is probably more competitively balanced, because the way I have the water placed makes it easier for ranged units to poke the nearby/inner glyph, since it can now be used for "counting" range distance.

Honestly only made this change because I think it looks more visually appealing instead of leaving the blank/table showing through there.

On a related note, I'm working on a sort of "help sheet" for everybody to refer to at the tourney. The idea with these sheets is to print a specific one for each map at the tourney. We will fold each in half and stand them up so that one side will show the battlefield name and number, to allow players to identify each map easily. The other side will have the tile reference material, so while in the battle, players can quickly figure out/remember what rules apply to what tiles.

This is the draft of the sheet that will be stationed by Galaxian:

Worth to do for the other maps, or is it confusing? Anybody can chime in.
Old December 4th, 2018, 10:15 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Big fan of a help sheet for tourneys with newbs.

Your shadow one actually has a rules mistake:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BftU Rulebook
Shadow spaces: When a small, medium, or large figure is defending and is on at least one shadow space, that figure rolls 1 additional defense die.
But yeah, it's nice to have handy rules sheets like these, especially to explain all the terrain rules on a given map.
Old December 4th, 2018, 10:22 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Spiffy-looking sheet.
Old December 4th, 2018, 10:24 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
It looks like I never responded to this.... But your original version is probably more competitively balanced, because the way I have the water placed makes it easier for ranged units to poke the nearby/inner glyph, since it can now be used for "counting" range distance.

Honestly only made this change because I think it looks more visually appealing instead of leaving the blank/table showing through there.
Hah, agreed on both counts! But aesthetics rule.
Old December 4th, 2018, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Big fan of a help sheet for tourneys with newbs.

Your shadow one actually has a rules mistake:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BftU Rulebook
Shadow spaces: When a small, medium, or large figure is defending and is on at least one shadow space, that figure rolls 1 additional defense die.
But yeah, it's nice to have handy rules sheets like these, especially to explain all the terrain rules on a given map.
WHAT?!? Then the Heroscape wiki is WRONG! I believe I based my definition off of that. Thanks for the heads up, I will have to fix
Old December 4th, 2018, 10:43 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

The heroscape wiki is wrong about many things. Check out their Ornak card.
Old December 5th, 2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
The heroscape wiki is wrong about many things. Check out their Ornak card.
What kind of savage uneducated beasts run these wikis... haha.

Thank you for the correction, superfrog.

So, here is the updated version:

Here is one for Ticalla Sunrise:

And one for Ruins of Rennoc (are the road rules correct?):

Clearly these things are no good if the rules on them aren't right in the first place!

EDIT: Shoot... just realized Ticalla Sunrise and Ruins of Rennoc will have their text upside down once I fold them in half... easy fix though

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events