Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 12th, 2022, 08:24 AM

KingZombie is surprisingly tart
Re: Missouri NHSD 2021: Do the Krug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingZombie View Post
Is there a 2022 one coming?

Any other midMissouri players out there?
Yes, there will be a NHSD tournament again this year. We have a date selected and the venue locked down, I'll be updating the OP with details in the next day or two.
Looking forward to it! Any idea what part of MO?
Recruits game convention might be a cool place to have an tourney if not just to meet up as Missouri players.

Work hard, play harder!
Great traders: beholderthedm,mecha frog, Shoe
Old August 13th, 2022, 05:25 PM
Scapecon 2022 Main Event Champion

Evantage is surprisingly tart
Re: Missouri NHSD 2022: Do the Krug

OP is updated. Note the date is not exactly the traditional NHSD, I have a conflict on the 15th. Also, tourney parameters are subject to change if we get any tourney guidance/support from Avalon Hill before October.

Mentions for previous Attendees and those who expressed interest, let me know if you'd like to be removed from this list.
@blast_shark
@vegietarian18
@Sir Heroscape
@Matthias Maccabeus
@Garenex
@KingZombie
Old August 13th, 2022, 05:41 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I’m in! Also put me down for +2 attendees

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 13th, 2022, 05:46 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Also, could you link the map downloads in the OP? There’s a couple I don’t know.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 13th, 2022, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Also, could you link the map downloads in the OP? There’s a couple I don’t know.
Sure, I should be able to do that tonight.
Old August 13th, 2022, 07:54 PM

blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby!

I'm almost certainly going to be there again this year! I'm also waiting on confirmation with some friends that may be joining me.

Also want to say I appreciate the 425pts max instead of the 400pts from last year. I have a goofy army in mind that would be much worse without those extra points (not that my army last year was any good lol)
Old August 14th, 2022, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantage View Post
4th Annual Do the Krug

Tournament Format:
Reverse the Whip: Every other round you will use your opponents army. Championship round will be with your army. Point Limit 425 - Figure Limit 16, Classic Scape Only, No Marvel.
Approximately half of the attendees each year use armies I provide from a draft pool. PM me if you would like to see a list of the army pool to get a feel for the power level of the local meta. Previous Winning armies: Knights x2, Alistair, 4th x2; Heavies x2, Tornak, Sonlen; Arrow Gruts x3, Swog x2, Krug.

Attendance:
Going:
Evantage
Crystalman
Sir Heroscape
Sir Heroscape +1
Sir Heroscape +1
Returning Local Player #1

Maybes:
TBD

If interested, please comment or PM so I can reserve enough game space and build the right number of boards.
I intend to be there!

I usually don't play competitively....so I may not do well...but I intend to have fun.

Work hard, play harder!
Old August 14th, 2022, 01:46 PM

"Classic Scape" is all officially released figures, correct? Except for Marvel.

There's no banned list, other than Marvel?

Work hard, play harder!
Old August 14th, 2022, 03:50 PM

Sorry for all of the tourney noob questions....but I've got more.

Of the glyphs being used, are they randomly selected to be put out so we don't know what is there?

Work hard, play harder!
Old August 14th, 2022, 04:33 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

October 22nd might actually be better for me. I’ll check with the activity coordinator and let you know. I’m definitely interested.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old August 14th, 2022, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blast_shark View Post
Also want to say I appreciate the 425pts max instead of the 400pts from last year. I have a goofy army in mind that would be much worse without those extra points (not that my army last year was any good lol)
Glad your plan fits! Got to mix it up a bit each year so it doesn't get too repetitive.
Old August 14th, 2022, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingZombie View Post
"Classic Scape" is all officially released figures, correct? Except for Marvel.

There's no banned list, other than Marvel?

Of the glyphs being used, are they randomly selected to be put out so we don't know what is there?
Correct, All officially released Heroscape units plus Samuel Brown fall under the category of "Classic Scape" and you will usually see extra language to exclude the marvel figures like we have in this tourney.

No additional band lists or restrictions for this event. If you have not played in a Reverse the Whip tournament before, the key is only brining something that you are just as confident that you can beat as you are that you can win with it. There will not be (hopefully) top tier armies at the tourney for that reason, no Q9, Raelin, Rats x4 or GreenScales x4, Nilfheim for example. None of those units are banned, but you would have a hard time beating your own army in the reverse rounds with those.

Vegietarian18 has a good thread about reverse the whip army archetypes if you want to look it up, and I posted the first three winning armies to kind of give an idea of where the competitive army strength tends to be. I usually aim for something with some melee pieces, some ranged pieces, and a special attack if I have the points. There is no "right" or "wrong" way to build though. I can share the list of armies that will be used by people who don't own their own figures once I make it for some added context.

As for the glyphs, each board will randomly be assigned glyphs from the available pool and will keep those for the entire tournament. The glyphs will be face up so you can see what they are when you set up in the start zone.

At least one of the maps is built with treasure glyphs and I have not made a final decision on if we will include those or not. If we decide to use them, I will update the post with what the treasure glyph pool will be. There will be at least 5 and the players each match will select the necessary number of glyphs randomly from the pool and they will be placed face down on the map to start each game which will be in addition to the normal glyphs already on the board.

Last edited by Evantage; August 15th, 2022 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Link to Vegie's thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day