Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old August 27th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Moltenclaw

I like the idea of using Moltenclaw with Iron Golem. I call it...

Golem Targeting

Move out Iron golem first followed by Moltenclaw and the remainder of your army. (Greenscales come to mind here) Moltenclaw's primary weakness is he has to shoot at something within a range of 4 first before the aoe line takes effect. IF you keep an Iron Golem out in front, you can have Moltenclaw breathe fire at the golem and then direct the fire line out from him, giving Moltenclaw a longer effective range; while Iron tough and 6 defense keep your targeting device alive. Not only that, but since the Iron Golem is a 2-space figure, you can lengthen Moltenclaw's range by 1, giving him an effective range of 9. You shoot the closer hex and extend the fire line out four spaces from the further opposite hex of the Golem. And to top it all off, they both have lava resistance so you can REALLY use this strategy to your advantage on a lava map.

Kinda like a modified version of Golem splash with Zelrig.
Here is the army I would consider for this strategy...

100 - Iron Golem
170 - Moltenclaw
180 - Greenscales x3
050 - Marro Warriors
500 Total

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?
Old August 27th, 2011, 02:47 PM

ladidadi.davis Woo who?

That looks really fun to play^^^ Now I just might have to get some Greenscales haha
Old December 5th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Honestly, Moltenclaw is so worth the extra 20 points you have to pay to take him over Mimring. Both Utgar dragons. Both have a somewhat similar attack. Both have relatively good life and crap defense. Moltenclaw makes up for it by dominating the lava and having a very, very versatile attack. Mimrings bonding just makes him worth that 150. So, who wins between Moltenclaw+Greenscales and Mimring+Arrow Gruts/Greenscales (I'm giving the bronze dragon some leeway here)? Yes, Moltenclaw.
Old May 20th, 2012, 10:23 AM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker

This guy can be very powerful on a map with a lot of choke points also. We played on migol's tomb, but modified with a lot of trees, ruins, and other los blockers. I played kurrok and elementals (mostly earth). I only had one flyer. My son had moltenclaw, flew him to the top in the middle, and decimated my forces with the special attack. Even with the underground movement, I just could not get to him.
Old September 9th, 2012, 04:04 PM

LazySoul4 Woo who?

Just wanted to point out a clarifications error I noticed.

Under Moltenclaws special attack clarification it shows the maximum range of 8 when it should be higher. If attacking a double based figure it would be 9 if leading the fire from the rear of the base.

In my pm to Megasilver he pointed out that it is actually higher than 9 if you were to target the Marro Hive.
Old September 9th, 2012, 06:50 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazySoul4 View Post

Under Moltenclaws special attack clarification it shows the maximum range of 8 when it should be higher. If attacking a double based figure it would be 9 if leading the fire from the rear of the base.

In my pm to Megasilver he pointed out that it is actually higher than 9 if you were to target the Marro Hive.
That is a good point, LazySoul4. I updated the clarification. Does it sound better to you?
Old September 9th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

BurnyFlame, while you are at it, could you update your Books to look like the rest? (Namely 4th Mass for reference.) You don't have to, but it would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old September 10th, 2012, 12:34 AM

LazySoul4 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazySoul4 View Post

That is a good point, LazySoul4. I updated the clarification. Does it sound better to you?
Looks good to me. Glad I could help.
Old September 29th, 2013, 02:23 PM

scream81 Woo who?

Hi 1 question regarding his special attack. Can I choose a straight line extending from the target to other direction other then north of my line of sight.
Old September 29th, 2013, 02:25 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scream81 View Post
Hi 1 question regarding his special attack. Can I choose a straight line extending from the target to other direction other then north of my line of sight.
Yes.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old September 29th, 2013, 02:36 PM

scream81 Woo who?

thanks !
Old April 6th, 2015, 06:59 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Moltenclaw
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units