Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Notices

Old June 9th, 2009, 01:10 PM

damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby!
GenCon Fantasy Draft 09 Discussion

GenCon 09 Heroscape Fantasy Draft?

I ran this last year, and spider_poison did the year before. Basically you pick 5 'Scapers in the main event at GenCon as your team. Depending on how your team performs you earn points. The winner is the person with the most points at the end of the tournament.

If I do it, I will make a couple of changes to the rules, but the basic idea will remain intact.

Since there is no exclusive GenCon figure that can't be the prize this year like it was last year so any suggestions would be appreciated.

damja is a Venoc Viper...
in THE SPARKLY CAVE

Last edited by damja; July 2nd, 2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old June 11th, 2009, 08:50 AM

FOOTBALLDUDE88 is surprisingly tart
Re: GenCon Fantasy Draft 09?

I like the idea. I have always loved fantasy games so I am sure that I would love this one. I would just need to know who the entrants are and some things about them like how good they play, how old they are, and things like that so that I can get a feel of who I am choosing.
Great idea though,
FBD88

VOTE FEN HYDRA IN
UBR 2011!! ALL HAIL
FEN HYDRA,
IMMORTAL FEN
HYDRA
Old June 11th, 2009, 08:57 AM

damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby!

Here is a link to last year's game:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=19280

in THE SPARKLY CAVE
Old June 11th, 2009, 09:10 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I was sooooo close last year, and I didn't even really understand how it worked. This year, as I'm not going to GenCon, I must live vicariously through the fantasy draft. I'm all over this.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 11th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Id love to play again, I did pretty good last year!

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old June 11th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Well, I did dreadfully last year, but I'd love to play again anyway. Thanks Damja.
Old June 11th, 2009, 09:18 AM

Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOOTBALLDUDE88 View Post
I like the idea. I have always loved fantasy games so I am sure that I would love this one. I would just need to know who the entrants are and some things about them like how good they play, how old they are, and things like that so that I can get a feel of who I am choosing.
Great idea though,
FBD88
You can only pick people you know for sure will be playing in the main event. The main way to know is the events roster for GenCon. I just picked names that I knew last year. It helps to read about past tournaments and winners if you are really wanting to win. Here is a good thread for that.

Last edited by Brownsfan82; June 11th, 2009 at 09:43 AM. Reason: insert link
Old June 17th, 2009, 01:11 PM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

When do we start making our selections? I think I know who I'm gonna go with already....

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 17th, 2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
When do we start making our selections? I think I know who I'm gonna go with already....
I am going to do some work with this later this week/early next week.

This year I think I will assign each registered participant a point value and you will have to build your team under a certain number of points. I am thinking that as a player gets picked more and more his point value will increase and as the teams come in and a player is not being picked, his points will decrease.

in THE SPARKLY CAVE
Old June 17th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Sounds great. Can multiple people have some of the same people in the main event or how does it work?
Old June 17th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Heh. I came in pretty far down last year, but I'll try to do better this time, in case anyone picks me.

Old June 17th, 2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damja View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
I am going to do some work with this later this week/early next week.

This year I think I will assign each registered participant a point value and you will have to build your team under a certain number of points. I am thinking that as a player gets picked more and more his point value will increase and as the teams come in and a player is not being picked, his points will decrease.
Sounds like a great idea! RunaRep!

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games