Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old September 22nd, 2022, 08:14 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
I decided to look further into the bio given for Killian Vane. As the Dawn Raiders already count two specific historical figures among their ranks, I'm a little surprised that the designers forwent the actual Charles Vane in favor of a fictitious descendent. He would've been an excellent example of a historical Utgar unit.
I am thinking they went with the fictitious son because Charles Vane was hanged and it is well documented, so there is little room to imagine he was actually summoned to Valhalla. For all of the other actual historical figures (Anne Bonny, Ching Shih, Spartacus, Crixus, Parmenio) there seems to be at least some room to imagine that they may have been summoned to Valhalla just before death. The body of Spartacus in particular (according to Wikipedia) was never found and Anne Bonny also basically disappears from history before her death.
That's a good observation that I certainly missed. However, Chang Shih's sculpt depicts her in her physical prime despite the fact that she died naturally when she was nearly 70 years old. This implies that the Valkyries have the ability to summon units from any point in their timelines, then return them when convenient. Therefore, a precisely known death should pose no obstacle to a historical unit's inclusion.

--------------------------------
I knew the Vorid would need small sculpts to fit on a heroic-scale airship, but the Burrowbreaker looks downright diminutive! Using the nearby edge grass hex as a metric and discounting its base, it's barely taller than two tiles.
Old September 22nd, 2022, 09:02 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I knew the Vorid would need small sculpts to fit on a heroic-scale airship, but the Burrowbreaker looks downright diminutive! Using the nearby edge grass hex as a metric and discounting its base, it's barely taller than two tiles.
I measured it with the edge of the tile. This is distinctly "Small 3" territory.
Old September 22nd, 2022, 09:20 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
Quote:
I measured it with the edge of the tile. This is distinctly "Small 3" territory.
Interesting. I measured using a little bit of the green top of the grass and tried to guess the position of figure's head beneath its thick helmet. Either way, though, I'm wrong about the figure being about two tiles in height.
Old September 23rd, 2022, 12:09 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
My takeaway is the size of the base. It's no larger than the 1-inch D&D bases, which makes me wonder how many new units will utilize smaller bases vs. standard bases vs. DW9K bases.

Also, I'm excited to collect all of the steampunk pirates and the Dryan figures. The announcements from yesterday and today are my favorite sneak-peeks so far.
Spoiler Alert!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old September 23rd, 2022, 03:33 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Somewhere way back when, Encarmine mentioned normal bases would be 1".
Old September 23rd, 2022, 07:50 AM

BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby! BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby! BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby! BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Some of us here are old enough to be historical units.

Petion to slap a scale model of Grungebob on a base wielding his mighty iPad.

10,000 bees in a trench coat.
Old September 23rd, 2022, 08:02 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I have a Spongebob in the right scale that I have considered painting red.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 23rd, 2022, 10:53 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Cross-posting the recent updates!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniorius
Have we established yet if the dawnraiders use boats for their piracy or if they operate in the skies in some way? I have been pondering that faction a bit and the gas masks, goggles, and tethered weapons got me thinking they might be sky pirates.
Why not both?

Also, for all of you who needed to know where the Haslab will ship to:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Hasbro opened Pulse to the EU (Austria, Italy, France, and Spain) this week as well, including HasLab projects:

https://eu.hasbropulse.com/
Quote:
Everyone, get your reminders ready. The time is finally set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Patrick
Hi! The schedule for Pulsecon is now live! The Avalon Hill panel kicks off on Oct 1 at 2:15 ET.

https://hasbropulse.com/pages/hasbro-pulse-con-2022

Quote:
Today's actual update.
Quote:
DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 044 – “IF I DON’T KILL A MAN EVERY NOW AND THEN, THEY FORGET WHO I AM.” Dorim the Bulkhead Brawler NEVER backs down from a fight, ever! Dorim accepts every contract, every opportunity to prove himself against the odds, is one more tale to tell clasping mugs and shouting shanties. Like the strongest hull of an ironclad, Dorim stands firm against the largest of adversaries, with a tenacity and steadfast resolve which rivals even the Valkyrie Aquilla herself. The bigger a monstrosity roaring primal rage in his face, the higher Dorim the Bulkhead Brawler revs the engine of his mighty chainaxe in response. Not one to ever be left behind in a charge, Dorim insists on always being the first to slam into the enemy ranks like a naval ram! Like a sudden storm of death and thunder following close behind Dorim, are the various Exiles of the Sundered Sea, experts in swordplay and barking irons, who stood before the mast at Aquilla’s call. Like the Sundered Sea itself, the Exiles are unpredictable, and run rigs on their enemies, hornswaggling their adversaries with ease and appearing almost pistol proof, seemingly always just out of reach and range.

File names are "Who_Doesnt_Love_Chain_Axes" and "Shiver_Me_Timbers"... respectively. Note that we've seen two of these at Gencon already.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majora's Incarnation
I just looked through the map I don't see Sundered Sea
but I'm zooming in LOl
You won't find it on the old map... it's too cropped in.

Quote:
Next week will be “gotcha week” I think. I expect a few “we’ll we didn’t see that coming…” comments
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldenWaffle
I would love key art of the valkyries at some point. like definitely not figs, but maybe something better than one still from 2003 where Jandar looks like a Poundland-version of he-man
Already in process.
Quote:
Utgar totally tastes like bacon
Marro mac and cheese people
I feel like Ullar tastes like celery with peanut butter
And Vydar is probably day old pizza
Vydar could be that taste you get when you accidentally bite a fork
Einar is like steak and potatoes
Who is Valkrill?
Revna is probably raw hamburger
Volarak is probably like those editable metallic beads you buy in the baking section to decorate cakes with.
...No comment.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnTunnel
Excuse me Encarmine can you tell me what animal the guy in the bottom left of the first combine pic is?
He's a raccoon without his full coloring.

And one more...
Quote:
So tomorrow. Let's chat. I'm thinking it's friday.

so lets say.... 8 drops tomorrow! We'll have OCTUPLE FRIDAY And someone better go find those comments on FB that aged so poorly.

Wait. i counted wrong. It's 10 figures I'll show tomorrow.

I'll be early tomorrow.

Yes, Tomorrow. Xenithrax The Soulweaver comes to the Avalon Hill Discord server.
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
The first 6 updates (out of today's promised 10) are here!

Quote:
DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 045 – Cornelius Breech, the Derelict Prince has ever been a jagged thorn in the sides of the Dawn Raider captains. He does little to mask his ambitions, breaks ranks and foils contracts whenever it may serve his wicked plans. His fabled blade “The Butcher’s Cleaver” has put low many a soul, reaping a harvest across Valhalla. Some believe his day will come due when the dredgie he leaves in his wake catch up to him, but few realize he welcomes that reckoning and the moment he can rise ascendant over all of the Dawn Raiders and bend their knees to his master Utgar’s throne.
"This_One_Be_Loose_In_His_Stays"

Quote:
DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 045 – Knaves of the Silver Scimitar give no quarter and expect none in return. Members of the Silver Scimitar take contracts based on the promise of whetted blades and scores of plunder, and Valkyrie Revna promises this in spades. For the Knaves of the Silver Scimitar, ideals like honor and code are just foolish words used by other members of the Dawn Raider Syndicate who lack the stomach. These rapscallions draw steel even before the order is given to attack, raiding with a taste for bloody carnage and hunger for the quick kill. And as the warnings of attack sounds alarm, the Knaves disappear once more into the fog of war to stalk their next victims and hunt more loot.
"Blades_Blades_Blades_Blades"

Quote:
DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 045 – Marachott, Mind Whisperer sees deep into the thoughts of the weak-minded, sowing doubt, breeding decent, playing in their heads like a master of puppets. The Dryan Magi hold within their Lifeborne Order many various disciplines of the arcane arts, some like Marachott dig deep straight into the roots of their enemies’ souls and manipulate the purest essence of their very beings. On the battlefields of Valhalla it is common to witness her allies perform near miracles of prowess in her presence, and even more common to watch as her enemies turn their swords and axes back towards their former comrades. Many have tried to strike Marachott, Mind Whisperer down, to stop her voice scratching around in their heads, but only discover a strange power emanating from her staff that deflects their mortal blows, further driving them mad.
"WAIT_Tim_Put_Down_That_Bat"

Quote:
DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 045 – “ITS HARD TO LEAD A CALVARY CHARGE, IF YOU THINK YOU LOOK FUNNY ON A HORSE.” Like a sudden violent avalanche of hooves and horns, Halushia, Scion of the Wild charges into battle with the unbridled fury of nature itself, hacking, slashing and plowing through adversaries at the spear tip of Volarak’s legions. His massive form dominates the landscape, towering over the ranks of attackers he splits apart like cords of seasoned wood. Other Dryan Lifeborne Order quickly follow behind, filling the gap he creates in the enemy’s tattered lines, confident that with the Scion of the Wild at the front of their assault, enemies will find it difficult to rally and strike back against the wave of destruction. (Yes, there is a subtle name swap happening...)
"Does_He_Come_In_Plush"

Quote:
DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 045 – "A FORCE OF NATURE TO BE RECKONED WITH." On their home planet of Arboreas, Grove Keepers protect and defend the Dryan Lifeborne Order’s most sacred sites, guarding them from those seeking to defile these places of mystical energy. On Valhalla, Volarak uses Girushia Grove Keeper as a living wall of razor sharp thorns as large as a man’s arm, and vines as thick as tree trunks, to deny enemy movements on the battlefield. Though they may try to chop their way through the wicked tangle of pain that Girushia places in front of her opponents, she can call upon the raw natural lifeforce of nearby plants to regrow her massive form faster than the axe blade or the torch flame can bite and burn her flesh away.
"Ill_Be_Picking_Those_Things_Out_For_Days"

Quote:
DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 045 - "TEN FACTS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT WANTON DESTRUCTION." Xenithrax the Soulweaver is an unfathomably enormous avatar of the raw mystical energies that created our universe, made manifest in the form of a primal apex predator not seen on Arboreas’ for countless epochs. A legend even among the magi of the Dryan Lifeborne Order, Xenithrax personifies the undeniable power of life and death, and being drawn to Valhalla where the mystical wellsprings are located, has amplified that power almost being reason. Now Xenithrax dominates the war-torn plains as an indomitable harbinger of Volarak’s absolute determination, bringing low those that would dare raise blades and barrels against the Valkyrie’s forces. Wherever Xentithrax feet tread, the ground heaves and breaks, dropping her enemies to the ground in horror are she sweeps across battlefields with utter contempt for those that would oppose Volarak. There is little escape from the Soulweaver’s reach, those that try to flee find fast moving tails darting under the crust the earth, and thrusting up through the surface and impaling enemies from below.
"Dryan_Stratofortress"

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 23rd, 2022, 11:04 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Final update for today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Update #7!
Quote:
DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 045 - "IN THE MIDST OF CHAOS, THERE IS ALSO OPPORTUNITY." (Happy Friday! See everyone on Monday night.)
"I_AM_DOOM"

Penguin with a machine gun!

--

Also, yesterday Encarmine said *10 figures* not 10 updates. There are 10 figures in today's updates so far--this probably is all we're getting today.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 23rd, 2022, 11:09 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Yikes! Lots of nasty stuff! Where's the comedy relief?

Is every character going to be an amped up berserker from now on?

I may have to rely on the cute, funny animals. Except that they're not...

(Thanks for all those cross posts). It must be Character Full Friday.

I see two more from the Original GenCon Ten minis--our giant dragon, and the lady pirate with the cowboy type hat!
Old September 23rd, 2022, 12:15 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
I see two more from the Original GenCon Ten minis--our giant dragon, and the lady pirate with the cowboy type hat!
We have all ten now, actually. We got Raakchott on Wednesday, Dorim and the tentacle cowgirl Exile on Thursday, and the four-armed Knave, Marachott, and Xenithrax today.

Last edited by Anitar; September 23rd, 2022 at 01:11 PM.
Old September 23rd, 2022, 01:15 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Aha! Thanks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion