Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old July 7th, 2016, 06:04 PM

Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker
Oman's League - 350pt Tourny with pictures! FIXTURE 2 NOW UP

I often find myself playing Heroscape against myself in my spare time. Which might sound a little sad, but the Heroscape community here in the UK is far from bustling, and people play video games by themselves all the time. When I want to get away from a screen for a few hours, a game of Heroscape with myself is a great escape.

On this note, I have decided to begin a round robin made up for 10 armies of 350, which I have drafted. Everyone will play everyone else once to determine an over all league winner.

I began by taking the 10 cards in my collection with the highest point values, and made each a 'team captain' I then drafted from there, picking what I thought would make a strong army. The lowest value captain picked first in a snaking draft. A D20 was rolled to break any ties and the draft began.

The captains are as follows (from highest to lowest point value)
  • Tor-Kul-Na
  • Charos
  • Sgt. Drake Alexander (SOTM)
  • Sonlen
  • Su-Bak-Na
  • The Marro Hive
  • Major Q10
  • Mimring
  • Deathwalker 9000
  • Deathwalker 8000
Below, in the (hopefully functional) spoiler tags are photos of each team and some information about how the draft went. Units are listed in the order they were drafted.

Deathwalker 8000's Team (Rapid Reckoning)

Spoiler Alert!

Deathwalker 9000's Team (Eat Steel)
Spoiler Alert!

Major Q10's Team (The Battalion)
Spoiler Alert!

Mimring's Team (Fire and Flight)
Spoiler Alert!

The Marro Hive's Team (Swarm of the Marro)
Spoiler Alert!

Su-Bak-Na's Army (The Supremacy)

Spoiler Alert!

Sonlen's Team (S3)

Spoiler Alert!

Sgt. Drake Alexander (SOTM)'s Team (Shooters and Swordsmen)
Spoiler Alert!

Charos' Team (Charos' Kingdom)
Spoiler Alert!

Tor-Kul-Na's Team (The Tramplers)
Spoiler Alert!

Some Additional Information
The Map: I will be using a slightly modified version of Mired Engagement: (http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=2150)
My changes are as follows:
1) As I only have 1 Marro Hive and it will be in some of the fights, the hive in the middle is going to be replaced with some fortress stuff to block line of sight. All six tiles the hive would sit on are replaced by tower bases, with 1 tower wall piece on top of each, a fortress walk tile on top of that and battlements surrounding. Two ladders will allow non-flyers access to this.
2) I will not be playing with any glyphs.
Some pictures of this
Spoiler Alert!

Tournament Structure and Victory
There will be 9 fixtures of the tournament, each featuring 5 randomly
generated matches. this will allow every team to battle every other team once. Each match will have a six-round time limit. the winner of the tournament will be decided by Victory Points and Tie-Breaker Points.
-Victory Points are very simple. When a team wins a match, they gain one of these points, making it a simple tally of wins.
-Tie-Breaker is a secondary measure of success that will, as the name suggests, break any ties of victory points. At the end of the game, the winning team totals how many points they have left on the battlefield (by traditional scoring, with an injured hero or partial squad counting for the full card value) and subtracts the total of the loosing team's remaining force (which in many cases may be 0) this is then added to their tie-breaker.

After fixture 5 a trade window will open, allowing each team to try and improve itself for the last 4 games of the reason. This will be structured in a way that favours teams lower down in the league table (more on this when we get to it). Cards will move between teams, and teams will also have the option to swap out existing members for the two cards not drafted for any team during the draft (Brunak and Dund)

Fixture 1:
the first fixture of the season will consist of these matches, feel free to make your predictions now, I will post a report of how all 5 battles went, with pictures, once I've completed all of them.

The Battalion vs Shooters and Swordsmen
Swarm of the Marro vs S3
Charos' Kingdom vs The Tramplers
Rapid Reckoning vs Eat Steel
The Supremacy vs Fire and Flight

UPDATES
28th of July 2016: Fixture 1 now complete: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...73&postcount=9
22nd of September 2016: Fixture 2 now complete: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...1&postcount=12

The only Heroscaper in England.*
Prove me wrong.

*(Except for Lazy Orang)

Last edited by Oman1666; September 23rd, 2016 at 03:08 AM. Reason: additional information added
Old July 7th, 2016, 08:25 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: Oman's League - a 350pt round robin

I didn't see Charos' team on there.

Right now I'd put my money on Shooters and Swordsmen or The Tramplers.

Would need to see the map and glyph set first.

PS. You should look into playing online heroscape. Usually people are able to make oversea times work sometime during the week. Let me know if you're more interested and I can PM you some info.
Old July 7th, 2016, 11:23 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post

Right now I'd put my money on Shooters and Swordsmen or The Tramplers.

Would need to see the map and glyph set first.

PS. You should look into playing online heroscape. Usually people are able to make oversea times work sometime during the week. Let me know if you're more interested and I can PM you some info.
^^^This

I feel for you, though. I'm in New York (US) near Buffalo and the scape community is non-existant. I have 2-3 guys that occasionally play, but my primary opponent is my wife, lol.

Online scape can be a decent substitute for when you can't scape physically with friends.
Old July 8th, 2016, 01:51 AM

Tankyteemo knows what's in an order marker Tankyteemo knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Charos' team was listed in the spoilers of Sgt. Drake's team. On that note my monies on the big green dragon's team.
Old July 9th, 2016, 01:17 PM

mimbles is surprisingly tart

I'm excited to see the results!

(Take note of the fortress set in the background. Earned me some serious girlfriend points and a big hole in my wallet!)
Old July 9th, 2016, 01:29 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Yeah, Charos' team is definitely formidable. I would need to see the maps to give an official pick. Charos and the MW are probably the team to beat though.

Charos can neutralize the Krav reasonably.
Old July 11th, 2016, 02:36 PM

Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker

I have now updated the forum with some extra information about the league's structure and some pictures of the map

Prove me wrong.

*(Except for Lazy Orang)
Old July 11th, 2016, 02:54 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

The Battalion vs Swordsmen and Shooters
So many Drakes! Who to choose?
I think this game comes down to who will survive between Q10 and Krav. I think I’m going to go with Swordsmen and Shooters Or is it Shooters and Swordsmen? Whichever I think Q10 will get some whiffs out of the Krav. Enough to leave the borg standing which means bad news for special attack averse SotM Drake

Swarm of the Marro vs S3
Oooo. I almost went with the Swarm on this map with the nice length for spawning by the Hive and the Drudge movement power, but 9 range from S3 is just gonna be killer I think. Hive will have to spread out its squads too thinly and only having 3 stingers and 6 drudge is not going to be enough to take out Syvarris.

Battle of the Heavyweights in the first round! But this map favors the Marro Warriors too much. I’ll take Charos’ Kingdom here

This actually looks like a fun matchup due to its mishmash. I am going to take Rapid Reckoning, but could easily see a Chomp ending it in favor of Eat Steel.

The Supreme vs Fire and Flight
The Supremacy. Airborne Elite for the win
Old July 17th, 2016, 10:52 AM

Exclamation Fixture 1

Oman's League - Fixture 1 Results and Battle Reports.

Here are the full results for Fixture 1. Please find a complete battle report under 5 of the spoiler tags below

[spoiler]
The Battalion vs Shooters and Swordsmen

Spoiler Alert!

Swarm of the Marro vs S3

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

The Supremacy vs Fire and Flight

Spoiler Alert!

End of Fixture 1 League Table

Spoiler Alert!

Matches for Fixture 2

Spoiler Alert!

Prove me wrong.

*(Except for Lazy Orang)

Last edited by Oman1666; September 21st, 2016 at 03:09 PM. Reason: 5 Battle Reports in Progress :)
Old July 28th, 2016, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankyteemo View Post
Quote:
Charos' team was listed in the spoilers of Sgt. Drake's team. On that note my monies on the big green dragon's team.
Definitely a good pick! You can see how Big Green's Kingdom did in their first match in the battle report now up

Quote:
The Battalion vs Swordsmen and Shooters
So many Drakes! Who to choose?
I think this game comes down to who will survive between Q10 and Krav. I think I’m going to go with Swordsmen and Shooters Or is it Shooters and Swordsmen? Whichever I think Q10 will get some whiffs out of the Krav. Enough to leave the borg standing which means bad news for special attack averse SotM Drake

Swarm of the Marro vs S3
Oooo. I almost went with the Swarm on this map with the nice length for spawning by the Hive and the Drudge movement power, but 9 range from S3 is just gonna be killer I think. Hive will have to spread out its squads too thinly and only having 3 stingers and 6 drudge is not going to be enough to take out Syvarris.

Battle of the Heavyweights in the first round! But this map favors the Marro Warriors too much. I’ll take Charos’ Kingdom here

This actually looks like a fun matchup due to its mishmash. I am going to take Rapid Reckoning, but could easily see a Chomp ending it in favor of Eat Steel.

The Supreme vs Fire and Flight
The Supremacy. Airborne Elite for the win

Really interesting picks! I hope you do this for all my fixtures

SPOILERS BELOW FOR FIXTURE 1

Spoiler Alert!

Prove me wrong.

*(Except for Lazy Orang)
Old August 3rd, 2016, 01:49 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Awesome battle-reports!! And I like the pictures and play-by-play!!

Thanks for sharing!
Old September 11th, 2016, 09:50 AM

Exclamation Fixture 2

Oman's League - Fixture 2 battle reports.

Please find below the complete battle reports for 5 more matches in fixture 2 of the league! These may be written up one or two at a time over the coming week so keep checking back! If you're enjoying the reports, please let me know in the thread - your support motivates me to do this!

The Battalion vs Eat Steel
Spoiler Alert!

The Tramplers vs Fire and Flight
Spoiler Alert!

S3 vs The Supremacy
Spoiler Alert!

Swordsmen and Shooters vs Rapid Reckoning
Spoiler Alert!

Swarm of the Marro vs Charos' Kingdom
Spoiler Alert!

End of Fixture 2 League Table

Spoiler Alert!

Matches for Fixture 3
Spoiler Alert!

I would like to say a quick sincere thank you to @obfuscatedhippo and @JairEmia whose kind words (both here and in the rep section) inspired me to actually do a second fixture of these. Here's to a hopeful third

Prove me wrong.

*(Except for Lazy Orang)

Last edited by Oman1666; September 22nd, 2016 at 03:40 PM. Reason: 5 battle reports currently in progress :)

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports