Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music
Music Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old May 4th, 2012, 02:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
RIP Adam Yauch / MCA of Beastie Boys fame

Kind of eerie that I saw he died today since I started out the morning listening to the Beastie Boys and I normally don't listen to any music in the morning. Was listening too them last night too so it was a bit of a carry over. Really love the Licensed to Ill album, still one of the best IMO as it really has held up over time.

Last edited by Yodaking; May 4th, 2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old May 4th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: RIP Adam Yauch / MCA of Beastie Boys fame

Very sad. My all time favorite band and MCA was my favorite.
Saw them play here in K-Zoo with Henry Rollins, great show.
The end of an era.
Paul's Boutique was my favorite album. Ridiculous samples and production. Masters of rhyme and their videos were hilarious.
They opened up for Madonna and were on Soul Train.
Very sad.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 4th, 2012, 06:45 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

No other Beasties fans?

I wore out 3 copies of Licensed to Ill on cassette and one on CD.
One cassette of Paul's Boutique and two CDs.
Check out their CD Some Old BS, it collects their two EPs before Licensed to Ill. The first, Polywog Stew is from when they were a punk band and had a girl (Kate) playing drums. The other is the very odd Cookypuss EP.
Another cool listen is The In Sound from Way Out, an all instrumental CD. Play some Beasties.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 4th, 2012, 06:59 PM

vikinglad knows what's in an order marker vikinglad knows what's in an order marker

I was so sad when I heard this today. Hard to believe. I have loved the Beastie Boys since License to Ill, when I was six and I heard my friends older brother playing them. One week in High School I wore a different B-Boys shirt to school everyday. Whenever I got a new stereo component, I would play License to Ill on it to test it out. I saw them in Oakland when they were touring for Hello Nasty. I always liked MCA best, because the other guy's voices are too high to rap along with. Been playing my Beastie Boys mix CD in my car today in memory.

Favorite B-Boys Song: So What'cha Want
Old May 4th, 2012, 07:04 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Loved the Beasite Boys when I was a teen, never knew MCA was only 7 years older than me. It is a sad day in music.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old May 4th, 2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikinglad View Post
Whenever I got a new stereo component, I would play License to Ill on it to test it out.
Great point. Cleanest Bass Ever.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 5th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

I did it like this, I did it like that,
I did it with a wiffle ball bat.
Old May 6th, 2012, 12:37 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

A friend of mine posted a link to this story on facebook. That letter is genius.

http://gawker.com/5907763/rip-nathan...k-times-review
Old May 7th, 2012, 11:01 AM

Zarovichx is surprisingly tart

I haven't listened to Beasties in awhile but this news really saddened me. I remember hearing something about Adam having cancer and that it was very treatable but since I hadn't heard anything in awhile about it, I thought he would be OK.

The world will miss him and the music they brought to us. I love the songs So Whatcha Want and Intergalatic among others. Alot of their videos were really well done, especially Intergalatic.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music