Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old December 31st, 2018, 01:50 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Robotnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Hops don't have many figures but they do tend to have staying power due to stats and large and soulborg immunities. J reminds me a lot of heirloom. While heirloom can splash and has some good defense, J gets some immunities, some flexibility, and a bit of bonding.

Executioner should be played with detonation as a bonus
or something to use after a unit has lost its usefulness, rather than the sole focus as you're going to get more value out of her deadly strike than you will with her detonation. She's solid but not amazing and fits well in every soulborg build.

Deathwings can wreck people. The big advantage they have over Kursus is being a squad and being able to kite if kabooming is inefficient. They're kind of like vippers or havechs. They're usually fine, but they'll have games where they absolutely wreck your opponent (and some games where they underwhelm).

~Dysole, who loves all of these units (she'd better love executioner since she created her)
Hoplitrons will prob go up to a 6 in the first update. Bonding's basically always good.

Executioner 616 is at the bottom of the 6's, probably will rise within the tier. I like her possibilities with rats. Also, again, has both Hoplitrons and Zettians that bond with her. I don't see her at a 7 though.

J15 I'm still weary of bumping up because he's a single attacker. But I don't see him moving any lower than where he is. Maybe I just have to play him (I've only played him once I think). I usually think less of Heirloom than others do, so maybe my thoughts on J15 are stuck in the same boat.

Deathwings will rise for sure. I was lost on placing them in the first place. Thanks for the insight.
Old December 31st, 2018, 02:02 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Cleon's VC Unit Tier List (December 2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I'd love to hear your Brute Grut strategies!
I haven't gotten to their description yet but, in short, they're essentially a 4 squad with double attack (and base attack of 3). I guess I'll elaborate a bit:

Similar to the Hydra, I think they're nasty with rats. Engage the board, and send them in (well, it's not an unknown strategy with the rats haha, so I shouldn't make it sound like it's unique to them). They can get pretty crazy with Finn/Bahadur's spirit, and also can receive the other spirits too (sans Arktos) of course. Bully makes them good against commons too, if you're not using them to beat down a hero, making them very versatile. Disengage is a bonus. Even with one or two destroyed, you can still setup nice turns with multiple double attacks, throwing many dice.

I just think you're going to kill way more than 65pt. with them a lot of the time. And if not, you're definitely going to get 65pt. of damage out of them at the very least. 8 attacks is nuts - that's gonna be a potential of 24-32 dice, considering bully or height. They remind me of the Hydra honestly.

Last edited by Cleon; December 31st, 2018 at 02:18 AM.
Old December 31st, 2018, 02:38 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Re: Cleon's VC Unit Tier List (December 2018)

I'm going to rank and add the newest units - Arthur, Kozil, Boreos, Azazel, Talingul, Tetraites, and Bol - when I do the first update. I suppose I can list what tier I think each will be in if people want me to.

(It looks like we're getting more large constructs soon, so Talingul's rank might be a bit iffy)
Old December 31st, 2018, 02:53 AM
PuppetMaster & #1 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto

That sounds about right for Executioner (I think dok said he felt like no more than a B-) although hops or Deathstalkers and Deathcommander feel like her best options moreso than rats.

I have never had a game where I wasn't disappointed in J. Don't forget he's basically rolling 6 attack against the Q Bros, dragons, hydras, and some other really powerful figures.

Brute gruts are a great second wave unit but I have watched them get wrecked by range since they lose defense dice so they require careful usage but their potential is really good.

~Dysole, who thinks Boreos is the highest ranked of the new figures and then probably Azazel or Kozzie the Owlbear wakka wakka

This sentence has exactly seven words.
This sentence doesn't have exactly seven words.

Old December 31st, 2018, 10:13 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Re: Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto

Quote:
That sounds about right for Executioner (I think dok said he felt like no more than a B-) although hops or Deathstalkers and Deathcommander feel like her best options moreso than rats.

I have never had a game where I wasn't disappointed in J. Don't forget he's basically rolling 6 attack against the Q Bros, dragons, hydras, and some other really powerful figures.

Brute gruts are a great second wave unit but I have watched them get wrecked by range since they lose defense dice so they require careful usage but their potential is really good.

~Dysole, who thinks Boreos is the highest ranked of the new figures and then probably Azazel or Kozzie the Owlbear wakka wakka
I think I'd put her at a B for the original rankings, B- seems low. You could do both those things and rats if you wanted to. The great thing about rats is they're cheap, and good 99.9% of the time lol

That's good but can you get to them with J15? I guess Guided Cannon makes it so that he's usually hitting what he wants to hit whenever. He does have the same survivability as Q10 at 55 points cheaper. Hmm.....

Yeah but Brute Gruts are only 65pt., if you happen to get stomped by range, which I don't think will happen too much. Even just one of them running around can deal a lot of damage if you play it right. Again, they remind me of the Hydra - has the likely potential to do an astronomical amount of damage, and in the off chance they get killed before doing much, you're not losing many points.

Also it's worth mentioning they're not tied to the Grut army (if people think that), they could and should be used all over. Armies catered to them make them kill so much, and adding them as your last 65pt as a strong unique squad is nice. I like them with Bahadur+rats a lot.
Old December 31st, 2018, 10:38 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Re: Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto

Quote:
Boreos is really annoying for melee to deal with, I'm curious to see what other constructs come out if that army will be deadly.

I think Kozil's my favorite of the new units, he looks pretty great for the Spiders. He's like the Spider's Krug. I was thinking he might be the highest out of the 7. But I just glanced at them.

Bol is pretty great for 10pt. You really don't need to spend order markers on him, with Nottingham Brigand and his Opportunistic Hero ability. That's something Otonashi struggles with, I think Bol's a much better version (they're similar in stats/abilities).

Some comments on the other ones (at a glance)....

Talingul I'm going to have to see what other Constructs are coming, right now he's only okay (two Iron Golems is hella cool though).

Azezel's really cool. Basically a lesser Thanos for the pure-Heroscape game. Really good with rats, maybe cutters too. He might be my favorite actually.

Arthur seems pretty good. Not as good as Locksley but a nice addition for the Nottingham Brigand. 70pt. is pretty cheap which is cool.

Gladiator figures are hard to rate but Tetraites looks like a powerful figure. Might be pretty good outside the gladiators too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs