Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old September 1st, 2007, 01:20 PM
It's a large Dagger, not a Small Sword

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekitsune13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBear
Quote:
If the wound destroys the figure, move Tor-Kul-Na onto the space that figure occupied, and you may continue Tor-Kul-Na's movement.
Question: free move, or one of Tor-Kul-Na's move spaces? Example: Tor-Kul-Na moves 4 spaces, then successfully Trample Stomps (and moves onto the vacated space). Does Tor-Kul-Na have 2 move spaces remaining, or only 1?

This was discussed in the Gencon 07 pics thread (pages 8 and 9), but I didn't see a definitive answer. If there is an official ruling (or even a consensus interpretation), it should probably go into the "Rulings and Clarifications" section.
I take it that when the card says you may move into the space occupied by that figure, that it's a free move. It also says you may continue his [normal] movement afterwards. That's how I've read it, so he could theoretically trample a huge line of figures in one turn!
I haven't seen an official answer, but I am fairly certain that isn't how it is supposed to work. It isn't a free move. Did anyone send this in?

If people are playing it this way he could, in theory, never stop moving as long as there is another common figure or one life left hero standing next to him. I see nothing that says it is a free move. What I see is people wanting to interpret it that way.

The ability to potentially trample up to 6 figures (his move value) then still attack is strong enough. He is supposed to be powerful, but not Godly.
R˙chean has it right. His move is 6. If he moves 2 spaces, trample stomps 1 figure, moves onto that figure's space (theres the 3rd space), and trample stomps the next figure, moves onto that figure's space (theres the 4th space). He can now move 2 more spaces.
Old September 1st, 2007, 03:02 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconsteak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope
I understand the 'Trample Stomp' ability apart from one thing.
Can Tor-Kul-Na use this power more than once aslong as he destroys the chosen figure and has movement left? This is what i interpretted 'At any point while moving' as.
Yes thats the intention, stomp whatever you can or whatever is in your way within his normal movment distance. (so long as you make the d20 roll for each stomp)

I would imagine most opponents wouldn't try and swarm him with too many figures though for fear of being trampled.
It says, "on a space where he may end his movement," therefore it would have to be in a space where he can move during the course of his normal movement. It is not a free move for those who seem confused by this. I'm not official, but the words do define the action.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old September 1st, 2007, 03:13 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
I don't support the "free move" side, but I don't think any arguments against it so far are valid. The card does not actually say that he uses a movement point, just that he has to be able to end his movement in that space (edit for clarification: it just means that the figure can legally end movement there, not that he *will* necessarily)...sorry, ninthdoc! I think this one will require an official ruling/eratta.
Old September 1st, 2007, 04:39 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
This requires an official ruling about as much as a fish requires a bicycle.

I do not see any strong arguments that would suggest that there is a free movement. You guys are reading that into the wording. It simple isn't there. All the highlighted sentence is saying is that if you use this power and you destory the figure, TKN HAS to move there. The wording does not say that he gets a free move. It says move him there; as in if you used the power and you destroyed a figure, you do not have the option. TKN must move into the destroyed figure's space.

Ask yourself: Did Hasbro intend for this figure to trample endless scores of figures in one turn? the only logical answer is NO.

What would the point value be for a unit that can trample entire legions of common squads to death in a single turn? It would be a great deal more than 220.

Exercise some Hersocape common sense. Stop trying to take a position based on a perceived understanding that isn't supported by the words on the card and look at what you are suggesting. Think people, THINK.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old September 1st, 2007, 04:59 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzikthedoor
I am mildly physically aroused at the thought of using Kra-Ne-Um against the roborats. The rotten little buggers don't get to scatter when the big boy comes haulin' towards them. From now on, any time someone drafts 2 or more squads of them I'm going for the chrome-dome killin' machine, here.
That's, um, an interesting reaction. Myself, I'm thinking since he has the same chance to stomp a Tagawa Samurai as a rat, he'll be better against the high-cost unique squads than the cheap common ones.

And while I realize that gleefully trampling through a line of squad figures is the first thing everybody thinks of when they see this guy, the ability to wound a small or medium hero on a roll of 8 or better is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
Ask yourself: Did Hasbro intend for this figure to trample endless scores of figures in one turn? the only logical answer is NO.
I don't think Hasbro's intent is important compared to what's written on the cards. It's interesting to know what they thought/hoped the text on the card would do, but we have to play by what the text actually does. If that's not the right way to play, it's their job to change the card, not our job to pretend that they did. (But I agree it's not a free move.)
Old September 1st, 2007, 06:02 PM

Dumb Dwarf has disabled reputation
Well breaking the power down, the wording (not the intent) says...

At any point while moving (as long as you are on a space that TKN can quit moving) choose a small or medium figure adjacent to TKN.

Roll the 20

if you roll 1-7, nothing happens, and TKN's movement ends.

if you roll higher, the chosen figure recieves one wound.

if the wound destroys the figure, move TKN to the space that figure occupied, and TKN continues movement.

if the figure is not destroyed, TKN ends his movement.

I think I will lean towards the movement being part of the ability and not counting towards TKN's movement for two reasons. The first is Saylind also says move a figure to a certain space, and Saylind isn't limited by the target's move value. The other reason, (and the more important in my opinion) Is that Trample Stomp can still be used as long as you have 1 move left, and as long as TKN is in a place where he can legally end his move. If you don't get a free move, you can use it on a figure that is in an illegal place for you to end TKN's movement.

An example of this would be TKN next to a grut that is in a river. TKN is on the bank, with 1 move left, he can Stomp the Grut, and use his last movement to step back to where he was.

I just hope Aquilla doesn't summon me any time soon.
Old September 1st, 2007, 06:37 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
TKN can't stomp if he can't move onto the space the figure occupies. Plus it says the figure has to be on the same level. If TKN is on the bank and the grut is in the river, he can't use trample stomp.

For all of your break down of the power, I would think the first sentence would have sunk in.

That in of itself is part the problem; the entire text of the power has to be taken as a whole. You can't break it down into parts.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old September 1st, 2007, 06:39 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumb Dwarf
I think I will lean towards the movement being part of the ability and not counting towards TKN's movement for two reasons. The first is Saylind also says move a figure to a certain space, and Saylind isn't limited by the target's move value. The other reason, (and the more important in my opinion) Is that Trample Stomp can still be used as long as you have 1 move left, and as long as TKN is in a place where he can legally end his move. If you don't get a free move, you can use it on a figure that is in an illegal place for you to end TKN's movement.

An example of this would be TKN next to a grut that is in a river. TKN is on the bank, with 1 move left, he can Stomp the Grut, and use his last movement to step back to where he was.
This would be correct... if TKN could trample stomp a figure on a different level. But he can't. Read the card again. The chosen figure must be on the level with him, meaning that even if TKN uses his last movement point to move onto his victim's space, he will never be stopping with his hexes on two different levels. Nice try though.
Old September 1st, 2007, 06:46 PM

Therminator is surprisingly tart
While I do agree with R˙chean when it comes to the intent of the designers, I do think the wording is pretty vague. Especially the phrase "while moving." For example: what happens if you move 6 spaces and end adjacent to a small/medium figure. Can you attempt a trample? If you can, and you destroy it, do you get to move into its space even though you've used up your 6 movement?

....Reading card more carefully to see if I've missed anything...

Actually, now that I've inspected a bit more closer, I'd guess that the phrase "and on a space where Tor-Kul-Na may end his movement" answers my question. If the figure is greater than his movement away, you are unable to end your movement there, so you cannot use the power on it. Now I'm convinced, no free movement period.

Failed world domination attempt getting you down? Pesky do-gooder foiling your dastardly plans? Closet pyromaniac who's afraid of matches?
Order a Therminator brand kill-bot and watch your villainous dreams come true. Therminator: fullfilling all your combusting needs.
Now with 30% more evil!
Old September 1st, 2007, 08:23 PM

Dumb Dwarf has disabled reputation
Had another thought, going with my first post. R˙chean and rdhight, you both agree with my reasoning about the moving into an illegal space except for the clause (same level) that I missed.

So set up the same situation, but this time the poor Grut is hanging out inside a castle, or under an overhang. Same level as TKN, but in a space that TKN could not fit in legally.

I just hope Aquilla doesn't summon me any time soon.
Old September 1st, 2007, 09:59 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
If it's not a space where TKN could fit, it's not a space where TKN could end his move, thus it's not a space TKN can attack. You guys are really overthinking this one.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 1st, 2007, 10:48 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
If it's not a space where TKN could fit, it's not a space where TKN could end his move, thus it's not a space TKN can attack. You guys are really overthinking this one.
Exactly. You have to think ahead to the possibility that A) Tor-Kul-N will destroy the figure he is trampling and move onto uts space but B) will not be able to move further (i.e., he fails to destroy the next figure or he used his last movement point getting to where he is).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units