Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 2nd, 2008, 08:40 PM

HeroscapeLunatic has disabled reputation
Heroscape Omnibus: Battlefield Repository

April 2, 2008

=-=-=-=> Open Invitation <=-=-=-=

By now, most of the Heroscapers community is somewhat aware of what the Heroscape Omnibus is, or have at least heard the name mentioned from time to time. For those that don't, I urge you to at least check it out via the link at the top of this post or by checking out its thread on this site, here.

Just so that we're straight, this is not a re-hash of the topic that I posted a link to above. This link is a separate topic that will act as an open invitation for those that wish to have a link to their custom battlefields/scenarios compiled at my site for easy access and searching abilities.

And yes, I'm well aware of existing map databases and search engines, but I will state here and now that I do not wish to compete with my fellow Heroscapers and their projects. This project was thought up at the beginning of the Omnibus and even had members contribute prior to the release or posting of any other members' ideas. The Battlefield Repository will compile maps differently than databases already out there and ones that may be being worked on.

Below is a breakdown of what the Repository will feature:
  • Battlefield Submission & Help - This section will be for submission of the battlefields and any scenarios they may have. I'm hoping to also make the current version(s) of VirtualScape available for download as well. Members can also chime in with any errors that they come across.
  • Search by Battlefield - Members can search for any battlefield in the repository by name.
  • Search by Battlefield with Scenarios - Members can search for any battlefield w/ scenarios in the repository by name.
  • Search by Cartographer - Members can search for any battlefield in the repository by the author's screen name.
  • Search by Number of Players - Members can search for any battlefield in the repository by the number of players that will be playing.
  • Search by Set - Members can search for any battlefield in the repository by the type of terrain set the battlefield uses.

Each battlefield/scenario listing will include the following information:
  • Map Name
  • Author
  • Scenarios
  • Recommended number of players
  • Table size required to build map
  • Required quantity of terrain sets
  • Tile Tally - A breakdown of the required pieces of terrain based on type and size
  • A link to the original download of the battlefield's file. If both the a PDF and a VS file are available for download, links to both will be provided.
  • A link to the author's map collection or website where players can find other maps from that author.

Here is the ongoing list of contributors to the Battlefield Repository:
  • Aeston
  • Blodshogams
  • Bl00dDeMoN
  • Braxev
  • Browncoat
  • CH4071C
  • Ch1can0
  • chief
  • CornPuff
  • Dignan
  • Draconious
  • Elstree
  • eveningdrive
  • fred the bug
  • GameBear
  • GaryLASQ
  • Gen Hex
  • gibberish_47
  • Gomolka
  • guns_linger
  • Harold
  • Hedge Knight
  • HokshilaTo
  • HS ~ KNT
  • j-Bird
  • jodokast
  • Jonathan
  • Kahrma
  • keglo
  • Medieval 2 Total War
  • Messenger
  • Nadious (Billnyethescienceguy, Hero-X, Keewee, Nadious)
  • PassiveAssassin
  • R˙chean
  • S1R_ART0R1US
  • Sherman Davies
  • Soul Shackle
  • STAROCEAN980
  • tyguy94920
  • txedomask
  • Ugly-Caco
  • UranusPChicago
  • Velenne
  • whitestuff
  • yagyuninja
  • Zzzzz
If you are interested in contributing material to the Battlefield Repository, please post to this thread with a link to your PDF and/or VS file(s), or PM me with the same info.

The BR is being updated gradually and probably will not be largely completed for some time.

The Heroscape Omnibus Forums

Last edited by HeroscapeLunatic; April 18th, 2008 at 10:45 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios