Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 8th, 2016, 10:59 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Ixe's Custom Units

It has been a while since my last unit. This one may be a little bit out there.

This is Griffin Minelayer from Rackham Miniatures. The figure is supplied unpainted.

NAME = Boom Thelwas
GENERAL = Vydar
PLANET = Eberron
SPECIES = Elf
CLASS = Artificer
PERSONALITY = Tricky
SIZE = Medium 5
UNIQUE HERO

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = 50

TRAPSMITH SUPPLIES

Boom Thelwas starts the game with 3 face-down Glyphs of Explosion and 2 face-down Glyphs of Revitalization on his Army Card.

THROW GLYPH
After moving and instead of attacking, you may choose a Glyph on Boom Thelwas's Army Card and place that glyph on an empty space within 4 clear sight spaces of Boom Thelwas.

MINE RECOVERY
When you roll the 20-sided die for a Glyph of Explosion with Boom Thelwas, you may add 10 to your roll. If Boom Thelwas takes no damage, place that glyph face-down on Boom Thelwas's Army Card instead of removing it from the game.

This design is necessarily matched with these two temporary glyphs:

Name = Glyph of Explosion
TEMPORARY GLYPH

Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-15, this figure receives 2 wounds. If you roll a 16 or higher, nothing happens.

Name = Glyph of Revitilization
TEMPORARY GLYPH

Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 6 or higher, remove 2 wounds from this figure's Army Card.

Boom Thelwas is a trapmaker capable of seeding the battlefield with dangerous explosives that can kill those unfortunate enough to walk across it. Not all his mines are lethal, however, where a few can instead heal those that trigger the trap. In battle Boom became famous for filling the field with his mines, marking carefully for his allies where to step and find a healing cache while forcing the enemy to run around his mines. He can recover a previously placed mine if he needs to, but even that carries risk.

Boom Thelwas can throw mines out a range to give him some versatility for quickly deploying them. The mines being face-down mean that only his controller knows what is placed there and gives just enough of a guessing game for the opponent to risk going for a healing cache and potentially finding a dangerous mine instead. These mines being temporary glyphs, they are normally removed from the game after being triggered. Additionally, any unit that moves onto one must end its movement there, likely putting his true value as a way to bottleneck the enemy around certain areas or try to force them to a particular area of the battlefield. Even then the enemy can always risk a mine since they are not always guaranteed to work.

As always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards