Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 4th, 2019, 01:39 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
Sorry, I just wanted to help, you probably won't see the custom until the 24th or something. It helps elaborate things, instead of assuming you know everything, this being a troll which I have no knowledge of. I do not want to be a troll but I might accidentally become a troll because of reasons.
I don't anybody really believes you're a true troll, H101.

The problem here is you posted a new version of a design that hadn't seen any comments or playtesting. I know people have commented on your Dread, The Overboss design, but nobody had even seen this version of the design with these special powers before you posted it in this thread. You also didn't do any playtesting with this version of the design with these special powers. Every time you change the powers on your design you basically need to start all over with playtests in order to find the right point value.

SoV people, I think it might be reasonable to impose a limit on how often H101 can post a design in this thread. Give him a tangible guideline (say 1 design every month or whatever) and that might help him struggle a bit less with the etiquette of this thread.
Yeah, that is true about the troll thing and I do learn from my mistakes. I do think that I should by limited to 1 per month, so you won't be seeing Dread until September 14th or something. When I am satisfied with Dread's Army Card, I may ask for help when it comes to get a miniature on the card. That might be difficult to get a perfect army card on my own, I did tried it with gimp. I am not perfect at this heroscapers stuff, but I am grateful for all the help the community. In my real world, help doesn't come automatically and I am not with enough pride not to ask for help.
Old August 4th, 2019, 04:50 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

It's hardly fair to call someone a troll for wanting people to see their customs or being proud of them. Everyone has those feelings, and I've never been under the impression that Heroscaper 101 has meant any ill will. He's been doing a much better job of listening to feedback and responding to people, and the idea of blocking him is honestly absurd.

That said, I do think that slowing the pace on a design a little bit would help matters, @Heroscaper 101 . Only posting here when you've got a design that you've tested and is ready for feedback is a good idea to follow for everyone, and greatly changing everything constantly makes it seem like you weren't taking your original draft seriously. If it helps to view this as only posting your best design here once a month (and responding to feedback when it is offered), then I have no problem with it and will provide my feedback whenever I'm able.

To everyone else, it's fine to be frustrated at times, but please keep things civil. If you think that your thoughts aren't being listened to, then there are more productive ways to convey that than what we've been seeing.
Old August 4th, 2019, 10:04 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

bBefore ANYONE posts in this thread I would recommend the following:

0. what is your design goal. this could include:
- bonding hero for a squad you feel like bolstering like Uzog
- introducing your favorite D&D monster
- you found a cool cheap mini and think you have the perfect powerset
- you want to fill a design hole like Zargross
- you want to fill out a faction like the Zaus.
- there are lots of good goals but make sure you have one since this will focus your design.
1. what type of unit is your design (shark, cheerleader, cleanup, etc)
2. when is the best time to deploy your unit (opening, mid game, endgame)
3. tested the unit in a live game at least once or twice (ideally against range and melee at a minimum.
4. posted in your own tread and waited two weeks for feedback
5. visited Dad_scapers help with wordz thread.

That is a lot of work, but you love your design so you should be happy to work for it.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 5th, 2019, 09:58 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I also highly recommend reading Customs Creation articles in the HS Codex. Yes, I'm plugging my own stuff, but I think there's a lot of valuable stuff there.

Dread is definitely overpriced. The powers are strong (and should be combined into one), but for a very limited number of units (for now, at least). The Life/Defense combo is high (unnecessarily, imo), but not 200+ points so.
Old August 5th, 2019, 10:41 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

I’d like to see a spearman with Reach, Stealth Leap, and Whirlwind Assault. Pathfinder’s Baphomet Cultist would be a good figure. 4 Life, 6 Move, 3 Attack, 3 Defense seems about right. Points?
Old August 5th, 2019, 11:02 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

I’d like to see a spearman with Reach, Stealth Leap, and Whirlwind Assault. Pathfinder’s Baphomet Cultist would be a good figure. 4 Life, 6 Move, 3 Attack, 3 Defense seems about right. Points?
The most recent posts are all discussing running some tests to feel out a design more before bringing it to this thread, rather than a concept. If you want to start your own customs thread, then I'd happily give you feedback on the concept there.
Old August 5th, 2019, 06:22 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

The most recent posts are all discussing running some tests to feel out a design more before bringing it to this thread, rather than a concept. If you want to start your own customs thread, then I'd happily give you feedback on the concept there.
I have done as you asked. See the C3V Customs forum.

Thanks
Old August 5th, 2019, 06:50 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey @kolakoski I'm not sure the the C3V subforum is exactly the right spot for your customs thread. Somebody should be able able to move it to the general customs forum tho, shouldn't be a problem.

I would like to take the moment to plug a couple of threads, namely:

Welcome to the Customs Unit Forum. Please read me

And

Customizing Compendium - NEW 2nd Edition!

And

An Impactful Customs Creator

These are all stickied, but I know that sometimes it easy to pass over the threads at the top of the list when there's ones with new posts. All these threads are super helpful and fun to read. I would definitely suggest reading through them and following the links in the posts, and doing a good old deep dive into some of these old posts. Personally I find that reading through old posts and looking at threads and customs and discussions really helps when it comes to coming up with ideas and improving the quality of one's customs!

Also tagging @Heroscaper 101

Edit: Also I hope this post wasn't too off topic for the thread! Keep up the good work!

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old August 20th, 2019, 12:52 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I have to agree that thematically, the hounds of perdition seem like a unique squad. I'm also not excited about even more translucent minis right now. Maybe if they were a different color?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 20th, 2019, 01:12 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Aren’t there purple hounds that Reaper has? Though, are those being used for the shadow-caster Drow...?
Old August 20th, 2019, 10:09 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Aren’t there purple hounds that Reaper has? Though, are those being used for the shadow-caster Drow...?
Correct.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 20th, 2019, 06:55 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

When I think (Hell)"Hounds of Perdition" I don't think of purple.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards