Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old August 17th, 2019, 09:19 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Sir Heroscape's Maps

Just a little thing, but I would edit the start zones if I were you. As it stands they're a little counterintuitive, and you could make an easy switch to a water tile in the center of the second row, so that the SZ could be all grass spaces in the back two rows.
Old August 18th, 2019, 12:32 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Just a little thing, but I would edit the start zones if I were you. As it stands they're a little counterintuitive, and you could make an easy switch to a water tile in the center of the second row, so that the SZ could be all grass spaces in the back two rows.
Simple, but a good point...thanks!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 18th, 2019, 04:09 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I like it, it has a cool aesthetic. My only concern without playing it it the 1 hex path down the middle. The side paths are pretty big so it might not be a problem though. Due to starzone layout, the right side looks like the better route, just because you can place more figures on that side, though the left side looks like it would have better cover as you push through the middle of the map.
Old August 20th, 2019, 10:13 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I like it, it has a cool aesthetic. My only concern without playing it it the 1 hex path down the middle. The side paths are pretty big so it might not be a problem though. Due to starzone layout, the right side looks like the better route, just because you can place more figures on that side, though the left side looks like it would have better cover as you push through the middle of the map.
Yeah so far I haven't noticed any issues on either side yet...and the center can be a little concern with blocking it off with 1 hex...but I've noticed the edges are easily enough accessible that opponents can route over the top edge easily enough if someone blockades the center.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old August 21st, 2019, 09:22 PM

Starting to add OHS format maps of my favorite/best maps. They'll be posted in the OP for anyone's convenience.

Arroyo

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old August 22nd, 2019, 02:41 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Curious if anyone has any thoughts on my latest map Arroyo?
Pathing seems pretty good. I thought the chokepoint in the middle would be a problem at first glance but after looking it over more thoroughly it seems that 5 move two hex figures can still navigate to high ground to the middle via the sides. Overall it looks like a pretty good use of 1 rotv set. I really like when people go this route. It gives the newbies or people without much terrain a solid map choice without having to have a ton of terrain.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 25th, 2019, 07:41 PM

New Map!

Volcano Tundra
Sets: RotV, VW, TT

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old August 25th, 2019, 08:42 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
New Map!

Volcano Tundra
Sets: RotV, VW, TT
Looks good overall! I think my main concern would be the single hex snow pieces on height that are surrounded by lava field tiles - meaning units attacking up on those single hex snow will be at risk at the end of the round, while the height position is safe. Just my

It's good to see you cranking out maps regularly.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old August 25th, 2019, 08:49 PM

Agreed, though that’s why there’s only 2 spots like that. I didn’t want all height to have to be lava. Going a little against the norm with this one.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old August 26th, 2019, 03:39 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

I wouldn't worry too much about that since it's just a single hex. If it were a double hex then I'd be. But if you are you could always swap the adjacent molten lava hex with one of the ice hexes. That way you have 4 adjacent spots, one being safe, as oppossed to only 3 and all being hazardous. Or you could swap a snow tile in there.

Lava/Ice is a cool combo, and a rare one. I have one in the works right now. It really pops which is cool. Lava and Tundra typically pop on their own, but together they really stand out.

I think what I like best about this one is the sections leading up to the middle. They're very clear cut and have safety, and I imagine when playing it it feels like you're really heading into the battle zone. Good addition, Sir Heroscape.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 07:18 PM

Been almost a month, and got inspired after reading about this location in the Compendium.

Aaryglynn
Sets: RotV, RttFF, FotA

Important note: Wannock is in the castle and is a way to balance the power of the 2 glyphs opposite. The two power glyphs represent the strength of the wellspring in this region.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old September 22nd, 2019, 11:06 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Just in case you hadn't seen it, Aaryglynn is actually already an official map. It should be pretty easy to rename this and still keep the Aaryglynn inspiration, though.

Other than that, I think that it looks like an interesting map. I'm a little concerned that Wannok isn't enough to overcome certain combinations of random Glyphs (personally, I think that fixing those two to an interesting pair would be more exciting) on its own, but that might just be because I frequently play on Dignan's maps, and he uses Wannok very regularly.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios