Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old August 14th, 2019, 12:38 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (8/13/2019)

Looking sweet.(as usual) I really love quite a few Of these. I myself have done the magnet thing with vehicles for star wars legion. Its really cool for those customizing kits. Another fav is the mummy. Great job. I also have tons of rum and bones minis and love their sculpts. I went all in on the 2nd tide kickstarter and bought everything retail from wave 1. That is a fun game as well as having good looking minis. I havent picked up any contrast paints yet but did bite for another can of army painters quickshade strong tone. Im gearing up to paint a ton of zombicide and massive darkness along with my walking dead. That will save me loads of time. Keep up the good work.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 18th, 2019, 05:19 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (8/13/2019)

Yeah I got a bunch of magnets from ebay a while ago, mainly to store more fragile minis (as well as cases like the pit fiend I did where I want to have all of the options). The rum & bones minis are very nice and fit very well into the current D&D campaign I'm running right now. I've heard the Quickshade is pretty much minwax, and I'll use it again eventually and try to thin it down (with mineral spirits or whatever it is).

I managed to get quite a bit done this week, with most of the minis having an ocean theme to them.

A bunch of Rum and Bones grunts I painted up with contrast paints. I tried to switch up the colors a bit so that they could be differentiated a bit during play.

Some figures from the House Hadross faction of the Wrath of Kings game. My first time using texture paints for basing which has been fun to experiment with.

Some sword and sorcery dragon men I painted up in different colors.

A rowboat from reaper miniatures, a very nice looking boat for terrain use.

A mix of some reaper and Rum and Bones minis, to be used as pirate and privateer leaders.
Old August 18th, 2019, 07:27 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (8/18/2019)

Great looking conquistadors. I havent painted the Iron inquisition crew yet myself though I have painted 6 of the 9 crews I have along with several boxes of expansions. If you havent played rum and bones second tide its also quite fun.

Old August 19th, 2019, 12:29 AM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (8/18/2019)

I'm gonna have to put the base box into my wish list then (which is slowly shrinking).
Old August 28th, 2019, 04:07 PM

Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (8/28/2019)

I did quite a few more figures the past few days. I managed to finish some more Reaper stuff as well as some CMON stuff.

This guy is Mossbeard from Reaper miniatures. With this guy I experimented with basing and adding plants and moss to him. For the base I used air drying clay to get an uneven texture to the base as well as places for putting the larger plants (which I got on clearance from Michael's) I painted the base black and then green before flocking the base and adding moss and putting the plants back into their corresponding places.

Some large Reaper miniatures, including a Djinn, a large beetle, a giant catfish, a enlarged duergar and a rat ogre.

Some Nolzur's/ Deepcuts minis I painted up. There's a Grim Reaper, two Tortle adventurers, and a Bulette.

Some pre-painted pathfinder minis I touched up by giving them a wash and going over parts that were unpainted.

Quite a few different minis here, two from Wrath of Kings, two from Rum & Bones and one from Sword & Sorcery.

Some Wrath of Kings, House Hadross figures that I painted up similar to the jellyfish men from last time.

The last bit of crew from Rum and Bones that I painted up.
Old August 29th, 2019, 01:24 AM
"like" happy

Great stuff man. I like your more solid block painting on the Iron Inquisition models. If memory serves me the box art has a lot of colors in patterns on their clothes. I think Im going to pull a little inspiration from yours. I still have to paint the Iron inquisition, the orc crew, and the viking crew. Along with about 10 merc Boxes. Quick question, Did you paint any runewars stuff? I thought I saw some in your thread. If you did, how was the scale? They have alot of great prices on amazon for those boxes right now.

Old August 29th, 2019, 02:36 AM

Yeah the art for them was very colorful so I wanted to emulate that. The Runewars stuff is pretty much heroscape size and the medium sized figures are on 1 inch bases. They do have good prices on it (mostly the older boxrs) ever since ffg discontinued the line.
Old September 6th, 2019, 01:41 AM

Quite a bit of progress this week (though after seeing some of the deals on Runewars on Amazon I gave in and bought quite a few of the boxes). It was a mix of painting traditionally and using contrasts.

I finished up the Alien Vs Predator miniatures game. With the aliens I basically based them in black and dry brushed blueish grey and gave it a black wash. Then I went over the heads in black and gloss sealer to give them the glossy effect. The marines used contrast paints first with a light green for the cloth and then covered the whole of them in grey to get the armor grey and the cloth greenish gray. For the Predator's skin I used yellow first and then covered it with brown washes until I liked the look.

Some Nolzur's Tabaxi Rogues that I painted up with contrast paints to go with my older ones.

Some more nolzur's miniatures. The Yuan-Ti were painted with contrast paints and I used contrast paints on the bases of the Spectres of Aldorn (currently in the SoV) to make it so they're not floating on white blobs.

Some Hill Giants that I painted up the more traditional way. The primer I got recently didn't react too well with the primer I recently got. It's probably because it was slightly different from the usual Krylon stuff I get because this one was for Indoor and Outdoor, so it probably is meant to be water repellant.

Some random monsters I painted up with contrast paints. I'll be using the card from the Northwest Heroscape Custom's Gnoll Faction for the one Gnoll in this set. I've played with the faction a few times and they're super fun.
Old September 15th, 2019, 01:20 AM

Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (9/14/2019)

In this past week I've had some fun painting with a mix of more traditional painting and some painting with inks/contrast paints.

Some demons/devils from Bones 4. All of these guys were painted traditionally and I had some fun with the wings on them.

A Nolzur's Fomorian giant. This one was done mainly with washes (with the exception of the gold on him).

A fire giant from bones 4 painted up traditionally. I do plan for him to be an addition to my fire giants faction eventually and have him be a beast master for some hellhounds.

Some Reaper cultist miniatures. Painted with contrasts and metallic.

Some polar bears from Deep Cuts. I first used contrast on them and then drybrushed them till they were mostly white.

A chaos warrior from reaper miniatures. Painted traditionally to match my other chaos warriors.

Random reaper figures. Done with contrasts and metallic. For the half orc I tried to get a greyish green skin-tone with multiple layers of contrast.

Some reaper figures and a guy from Wrath of Kings. The crabs first had an ink wash followed with layering up to the off-white color.

A cart from reaper miniatures. It's meant to go on a pig that I painted up a few weeks ago.
Old September 15th, 2019, 09:58 AM
"like" happy

Very cool. Ive had a hankering to get some of my massive darkness demons painted. Ive also wanted to 3d print some more large demons lately. Thanks for sharing pics. Its something I dont do often enough.

Old September 23rd, 2019, 05:56 PM

I've been painting away some of my unpainted pile, getting through a bit of the pile (though there is more stuff coming). It's hard to believe that I'm almost done painting the Reaper Bones 4 Kickstarter with only 4 more minis to go. I'm mainly holding off on them because they're big, need special bases and their gaps filled.

This mini is called Viridius and is made by reaper miniatures. It was super fun to paint up with inks by mixing green with black and yellow to get the different greens on the model. After that I did some drybrushing and washes to get even more detail out of him. He's going to go well with my other ancient dragons.

A Triceratops from the Bones kickstarter, again painted up with inks mostly.

Some Runewars stuff painted up with washes and the trees had some drybrushing as well.

An Efreet from the Pathfinder Battles line. I experimented with some new Vallejo metallic paints. They don't seem great for speed painting because you have to seal the mini after using them because the paints are hydrophobic, but they are very smoothly to apply.

A Dark Elf Queen Mini from reaper miniatures kickstarter.

A modded Tor-Kul-Na that I'll probably use for D&D, he'll make a great demon or other monster.

Speaking of demons this one is a Demonic Lasher (aka Demogorgon) from Reaper Miniatures. It's an older metal mini, but has lots of great detail which worked well with the contrast paints.

Some beholderkin from Nolzur's that I painted up with contrast and inks.

Some random adventurers/NPCs from reaper miniatures.
Old September 23rd, 2019, 10:50 PM
"like" happy

Love your stuff man. Ive got mad respect for my fellow painters.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions