Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old August 10th, 2019, 09:39 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: 10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

Final game of Round 1 of OHS 33! We've got @Viideosayg and @dok playing in the Round 1 finale with armies and gameplay that leave True and I speechless! (That or we had just both gotten up early and were struggling with words a little bit...)

Also, I'll be going on vacation next week (actually in about an hour), and won't have the time needed to doctor up, export, and upload videos, so we won't be able to upload any new content until the 21st.

Also also, @Chris Perkins and @I.S.B.3 , if you're wondering about the recording I got of your game it will be coming up next. We decided to put it at the end of Round 1 so that we didn't have an overload of Chris Perkins goodness.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old August 21st, 2019, 12:02 AM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quick update for interested parties: True decided to pick up more hours with his job while I was on vacation, and I have a schedule change happening soon as well with school starting up. Basically this means that we won't have a video ready for tomorrow. We're working to figure out our schedules so that we can return to pumping out videos, and are planning on recording this weekend. That may result in a Saturday video, but I can't promise that yet. Sorry for this splotch of irregularity; we're wanting to hop back in action and get recording again ASAP.

On a brighter note, once we do figure out a consistent recording schedule again we'll likely start bringing in guest commentators, so there's that to look forward to! We could also use more content, as always, so I'll be looking to record games both casual and hopefully with the play testing event starting soon (because that would be a cool insight to the gameplay process). A bit further off, I have an idea I'm super excited about to implement throughout October for NHSD, so there's another small bit to look forward to!

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; August 21st, 2019 at 12:33 AM.
Old August 28th, 2019, 10:05 AM

And we're back folks! This time with a really good game between @Chris Perkins and @I.S.B.3 ! Both players are super skilled and playing high-level armies, and this game has a lot of great examples of great decision making and gameplay. Ironically, True and I are a couple of chuckleheads casting this one, including a rant from True on Scatter vs Scurry, but there is so much good stuff to glean from this game! Enjoy!

Quick note on the audio -- basically we're working on it. We had to switch to Skype for recording recently and True's end gets a little scratchy once or twice. Sorry about that, but it's still workable and shouldn't impact what you get out of this video!

Another quick note -- we are going back down to one video per week for the time being. I loved doing two each week, but True and I are still going through schedule changes so until we get that settled out, and we get a bit more of a backlog of videos, we're doing one a week to keep consistent.

10 Points Under Videos

Old August 28th, 2019, 12:48 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Awesome guys! I was worried for a while there
Old September 4th, 2019, 10:01 AM

Game 1 of Round 2 of Online Heroscape Season 33! We've got @Dysole and @Kinseth debuting on the channel in a great game! This one highlights the greatness of Reverse-the-Whip glory with both players playing the army that their opponent brought. Also, fair warning: True and I are big ol' chuckleheads with our casting in this one, so it's a bit lower on the serious level, despite some incredible gameplay going on. We do note it, but don't go as in depth as I may have liked in retrospect. That said, we do have a punniest name contest, and enjoy some guest appearances from superfrog and kevindola! It's definitely a fun watch!

10 Points Under Videos

Old September 4th, 2019, 10:41 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Double Posting

Like myself and Kinseth said on YouTube, whenever I press the done button, there is special code that says my turn is punned. It was installed by the guy who originally made the app. I was pretty happy when it first showed up. Gotta be known for something around here.

~Dysole, glad y'all appreciated her puns
Old September 4th, 2019, 11:06 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

So much came down to that 1 life Othkurik. A bit surprised the Nakitas (2 of them anyway) spent their round 1 attacks on Raelin instead of Othkurik. 3v5s instead of 3v4s I get, but man those extra attacks might have swung it.
Old September 5th, 2019, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Like myself and Kinseth said on YouTube, whenever I press the done button, there is special code that says my turn is punned. It was installed by the guy who originally made the app. I was pretty happy when it first showed up. Gotta be known for something around here.

~Dysole, glad y'all appreciated her puns
That's super cool! So it's more like an Easter egg, in a way. That's awesome to have that kind of recognition!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
So much came down to that 1 life Othkurik. A bit surprised the Nakitas (2 of them anyway) spent their round 1 attacks on Raelin instead of Othkurik. 3v5s instead of 3v4s I get, but man those extra attacks might have swung it.
So true! One more early wound would have changed everything. Naturally hindsight is 20/20, but I'm curious if you would have gone for Othkurik? I'm not certain what I would have done personally -- I don't play against Raelin enough -- but I think I would have maybe gone for Othkurik more because I could have kept a little more distance than anything else.

10 Points Under Videos

Old September 5th, 2019, 02:39 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Strategery

Having played my hodgepodge build enough, the important part of the army is making sure the nakitas last. Whenever I played against it, I always made it a priority to kill them hence why I made my yeet play. Very good odds to kill one and the other was trapped on low ground and I could get height on the last one with a Greenscale. It worked out well for me, but had Othkurik failed to kill the Nakita on height I probably lose the game. Now if I was playing the army, I probably go for the dragon over Raelin since Greenscales are pretty dependent on their lizard ruler, but I probably set things up more defensively than Kinseth did.

~Dysole, who felt good about her chances even if she only traded Othkurik for nakitas
Old September 5th, 2019, 12:49 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

It's always hard to say what you'd do in the moment. But you weren't going to be able to draw Othkurik out of Raelin's aura, and from a big picture standpoint, the Nakitas weren't going to get enough attacks unmolested by Acid Spray to bring down the Kyrie, so I think Othkurik has to be a prioity even from within the aura.

Afterall, Kinseth got the initiative switch and with the Nakitas went after Othkurik from height anyway (not Raelin). So it looks like he changed his mind on priority targets in between rounds. That's what makes the attacks on Raelin hindsight unfortunate. But maybe the 3v4 that did a single wound to Raelin is blocked by the 3v5 if it shifted to Othkurik anyway. Still though it looks like the attacks probably should have been against the dragon if your Round 2 opening is going to be to attack Othkurik also.
Old September 11th, 2019, 09:21 AM

Second (and last) game of Round 2! @All Your Pie and @Sir Heroscape are duking it out! Meanwhile True and I are watching AYP's 105 points under army with increasing jealousy.

10 Points Under Videos

Old September 11th, 2019, 03:16 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Noice! Yeah, played a little aggressive for being short on points and figures, but it worked out...I trusted good 'ol Nilfy to pull me through!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports