Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old December 5th, 2018, 03:20 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Hexscape 3D Heroscape (new thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Is a 3d scanner required or are there other means to generate a 3d scan?
All you need is a camera.

Basic Instructions for Capturing an Image
1) Place the figure on a flat table with some sort of background underneath (a map, or a picture, or newspaper print). You don't want something with colors that match the figure--you want the figure to stand out clearly. Sometimes I'll try two or three different backgrounds to see which produces the best scan. I have a bluish map of Valhalla and a brown map of Valhalla that I normally use.

2) Set up diffuse bright lighting around the figure. Shiny spots on the figure mess up the rendering. Shadows on the figure mess up the rendering.

3) Set the aperture of the camera to the deepest depth of field (I used f/22)

4) Set the focus to a fixed value

5) Take about 50 pictures as you move around the figure 360 degrees, keeping the figure in the center and focused. You can use two or three different heights, but I usually use a single height. You can keep the camera fixed and rotate the figure instead, but you must rotate the background as well. Do not take more than 50 photos because the free version of 3DF Zephyr only accepts 50.

6) Upload the pictures and provide a link. If want you want process the scan yourself, download 3DF Zephyr free version and import your pictures.
Old December 5th, 2018, 03:23 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

About my setup
I have a turntable attached to a motor. The camera and the motor are both hooked up to a microcontroller. By pressing a start button, it automatically rotates the figure and takes 40 pictures. That way I can put the figure onto the turntable, start the capture, and walk away and do something else.

Camera settings:
Field of view 22

Overall Setup

Side View

Two Cameras Pointing Straight-On

Custom Controller Board

Front View

Note that I've switched to lighter, less "busy" background for most of my scans. Maps work well, especially pastel colored maps.
Old December 5th, 2018, 04:48 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Oof, I really want to help, but I don't know if I have the time + means to do this.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 5th, 2018, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Oof, I really want to help, but I don't know if I have the time + means to do this.
You don't need a fancy setup. Just put the figure on a magazine on a table and move around it taking about 40-50 pictures. Kinseth used his cell phone.
Old December 27th, 2018, 12:32 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Here's a good link to Typhon's maps:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b37nfjfaz...nOYSkZl2g3Ti7a
OP updated. Thanks!
@White Knight , THANKS for consolidating and organizing all this material!

I recently experienced some computer troubles that resulted in my Dropbox breaking. So if any of you clicked on the link above (to my Dropbox folder containing the .HSC files for many of my maps), you may have seen only an empty folder.

The problem has been solved, however! They're all back.

I have also added the .HSC files to another four of my maps: to Hoarfrost, and to the Vulcan trilogy (Vulcan's Anvil, Vulcan's Cross, and Vulcan's Hammer).

Last edited by Typhon2222; December 27th, 2018 at 12:50 AM.
Old February 6th, 2019, 10:25 AM

the1whoknoxx is surprisingly tart

Anybody got an update list of server names? or is the original one still good?
Old April 4th, 2019, 12:32 PM

Zarqueam is surprisingly tart

I would also like to know about the servers. I can't seem to get it to connect to the server. How does one create their own server?
Old June 30th, 2019, 11:49 AM

Coolio Woo who?

So is this incompatible with Apple due to VirtualScape?

Looks pretty cool to use but I have an Apple computer and the previous comments make it seem like it may only work with Windows.
Old June 30th, 2019, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolio View Post
So is this incompatible with Apple due to VirtualScape?

Looks pretty cool to use but I have an Apple computer and the previous comments make it seem like it may only work with Windows.
I've no idea--I didn't do the programming. But if you try it, let us know if it works.
Old July 19th, 2019, 10:29 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

It should work.
If I'm correct, HexScape uses Java.

It is not based on VirtualScape, it only understands Virtualscape file format to open maps, but as long as you have some maps from virtualscape, you don't need the software to open them with HexScape.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old July 12th, 2020, 04:31 PM

the1whoknoxx is surprisingly tart

Still cannot connect to the server. Does anybody know what is going wrong? I can set up solo games all I want but I can't get the online game to fire.
Old July 12th, 2020, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1whoknoxx View Post
Still cannot connect to the server. Does anybody know what is going wrong? I can set up solo games all I want but I can't get the online game to fire.
Have you tried to download and install the server file?

You can find it here:

Link to the latest Hexscape server file

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software