Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 26th, 2024, 10:14 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowking View Post
I think you’re only supposed to post tested designs in here for refinement, rather than initial concepts.

EDIT: Sniped by Shiftrex, haha.
Sounds good. I figured that would be the case for an official submission, did not know it was a requirement for workshop feedback as well.

Thanks for the critiques, everyone. I will improve both designs and run some play tests before reposting.
Old February 26th, 2024, 12:20 PM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Outside the design but related, the Izumi repaint doesn't do it for me. It looks too similar. I would like to see some different colors other than just "it's darker now." The samurai squads have the red, blue, and bronze while the heroes' paint jobs are more complex. Perhaps a light green, teal, or even purple repaint over the red armor would make this one stand out.
Old March 15th, 2024, 10:49 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

After quite a bit of testing and thought:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post

Hello all, the goal of this thread is to get people a chance to have their customs examined before they are submitted to the SoV. I know that at least 4 of the judges monitor this thread, so it's a great way to get some feedback.

Just make a post with your card/stat block and see what people say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

RAVENWOLF
General: Einar
Race: Human
Uniqueness: Unique Hero
Class: Fighter
Personality: Disciplined
Size: Medium 5
Life: 5
Move: 5
Range: 7
Attack: 4
Defense: 4

MARK OF THE RAVEN
Place two black Raven markers on Ravenwolf's card. If Ravenwolf wounds an enemy Unique Hero with his attack, place a Raven marker from this card onto that figure's card. The same target can receive up to two markers. The defending Unique Hero rolls one less defense die for each marker on its card when attacked by a normal attack. If the defending Unique Hero is defeated, return the marker(s) to Ravenwolf's card.

RIEKA THE WOLF
General: Aquilla
Race: Human
Class: Hunter
Personality: Ferocious
Life: 5
Move: 6
Range: 4
Attack: 3
Defense: 3

GO FOR THE THROAT
When Rieka the Wolf attacks she may attack any or all figures adjacent to her, and she receives 1 extra attack die for each wound marker on the defending figure's Army Card to a maximum of 3 additional attack dice for Go for the Throat. Roll each attack separately.

STEALTH LEAP
Instead of her normal move, Rieka the Wolf may Stealth Leap. Stealth Leap has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Rieka the Wolf's leaping movement, ignore elevations. Rieka the Wolf may leap over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Rieka the Wolf may not leap more than 12 levels up or down in a single leap. If Rieka the Wolf is engaged when she starts to leap, she does not take any leaving engagement attacks.

CORNERED
If Rieka the Wolf has only 1 Life remaining or is the last remaining figure in your army, add 1 to her Attack and Defense.

KOMURA
General: Ullar
Race: Serpentfolk
Class: Scout
Personality: Tricky
Life: 4
Move: 6
Range: 7
Attack: 3
Defense: 3

WYVERN RIDER
If Komura is unengaged and adjacent to a Wyvern you control, instead of moving Komura normally, you may move that Wyvern 7 spaces. After moving that Wyvern, place Komura adjacent to that Wyvern. Komura may then attack normally.

POISON WEAPONS
Each time Komura attacks a small, medium, or large Hero with a normal attack or a leaving engagement attack and inflicts at least 1 wound, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-11, nothing happens. If you roll a 12 or higher, add 1 additional wound to the defending figure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post

Single heroes don't have much of a chance with VC these days.
Hope springs eternal!

Last edited by kolakoski; March 15th, 2024 at 11:04 AM.
Old March 15th, 2024, 11:22 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Ravenwolf
When I first glanced at the stats I saw red flags. And the power didn't change that. While I appreciate a single-power card, a fairly simple and useful power even, this unit lacks interesting gameplay. The power is neat and all, but it's just gravy for a unit that kind of does it all. Range 7 with Attack 4 is mean. The weakness here is that he can only attack a single figure per turn, which makes him more dull than weak. If he was a lost-cost, weak hero that could place the markers, then the unit would be interesting as a carefully used add-in to debuff an enemy hero, but as is he just isn't interesting in gamplay.

Rieka the Wolf
The design is fine, but not interesting enough for VC approval these days. She's just a lone hero that fights decently, but the design lacks a role. As an early- or mid-game unit she lacks board control ability and survivability to use reliably, and the multi-attack of Go For the Throat is largely wasted in cleanup. Actually, the design would be better without the multi-attack, as it focuses it better as a cleanup unit. Alternatively, if the species was Hybrid she might have value as-is in Hybrid builds.

Komura
This one comes out better as it has some unique built-in synergy, but the synergy ends up coming off as forced when looking at the overall design. The design is a long-range assassin, but not especially good at it, and not in a way that's interesting to play. Get on nearby high ground, take a shot at a hero, hope to do bonus damage. Wyvern Rider can help with the first part, but he has a large threat range on his own which greatly diminishes its value. It does help to move a Wyvern into a better position too, but really, all this does is add a long-range attack to a normal Wyvern positioning turn. There isn't counterplay to a unit like this either, despite the mediocre survivability, as the threat range is so long and a user of Komura probably won't want to put more than a couple order markers on him.
Old March 15th, 2024, 12:32 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Scytale, thanks for the above. I seem to have "cogent" on my mind (see my last post in HeroScape is coming back! All of your points are cogent to me. I'll see what I can do (where anything can be done).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards