Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old August 19th, 2019, 11:57 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Stranger View Post

Krug ---- 120
Arrow Gruts x3 ---- 120
Swog Rider x2 ---- 050
Mimring ---- 150
Kursus (C3V) ---- 055
18 spaces / 495 points
Marrden Hounds x2 180
SuBakNa 340
KMA 440
Zetacron 500/19 spaces

Hounds' impressive defense and (hopefully) high move gets them past Mimsy's special attack, while Z's Soulborg immunity allows him to start right in the front with them. His high wound-potential is also a nice dragon- and Kursus-deterrent. The Hounds' unlockable wounds and SBN's big hits can make quick work of old Krug-a-lug, and the very cheaty KMA can clean up in the late game and/or secure glyphs and high-points.

EDIT: I know I haven't been around for a while, but it blows my mind that this thread has been inactive for a year-and-a-half!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old August 24th, 2019, 03:22 PM

Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Marrden Hounds x2 180
SuBakNa 340
KMA 440
Zetacron 500/19 spaces

Hounds' impressive defense and (hopefully) high move gets them past Mimsy's special attack, while Z's Soulborg immunity allows him to start right in the front with them. His high wound-potential is also a nice dragon- and Kursus-deterrent. The Hounds' unlockable wounds and SBN's big hits can make quick work of old Krug-a-lug, and the very cheaty KMA can clean up in the late game and/or secure glyphs and high-points.

EDIT: I know I haven't been around for a while, but it blows my mind that this thread has been inactive for a year-and-a-half!
Major Q9 ---- 180
Heracles (C3V) ---- 200
Major X17 ---- 100
Otonashi ---- 010
Isamu ---- 010
--------------------
7 spaces / 500 points

Q9 can take out the Hounds and Zetacron, handle the Agents if necessary, and can withstand Su-Bak-Na's attacks for a turn or two. X17 can tie down a few Hounds to buy some time, and will force the Agents and Zeta to choose between targeting him to free his prisoners or letting one of their squads languish in cyberclaw-limbo. Heracles can guard Q9 until the Major's work is more or less done, then go beat down Su-Bak-Na if the Hivelord didn't already come to him while gunning for Q9. Then he can use Labors and Throw to dispose of any Agents still standing. The ninjas are mostly filler, though Otonashi can take a Hound (or two, if she's lucky), and Isamu can sneak up to Zetacron and finish him off.

(And yeah, I don't know why more people don't post here. It's such a fun thread!)
Old January 24th, 2024, 05:24 AM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Repulsors x5 (200)
Warriors of Ashara x3 (350)
Krug (470)
Eldgrim (500)

X17 and Q9 are ideal matchups for repulsors who want to be attacked and force engagements. Not shabby against heracles either.

Warriors are quite hard for hera to deal with.

Krug sits at the back of the start zone looking dumb as an insurance policy.

Beat that one @Killometer Welcome back!

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old January 24th, 2024, 02:26 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
Repulsors x5 (200)
Warriors of Ashara x3 (350)
Krug (470)
Eldgrim (500)
So weak! My response:

160 Warforged Soldiers x 2
140 Deathwalker 9000
120 Agent Skahen
80 Raelin RotV
500 points, 9 spaces

Easy cheesy.

Old January 25th, 2024, 04:25 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Nice @Arrow Grut
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

160 Warforged Soldiers x 2
140 Deathwalker 9000
120 Agent Skahen
80 Raelin RotV
500 points, 9 spaces

Easy cheesy.

Braxas
PKs x3
Kelda

Braxas doesn't care about Warforged Resolve or Ralin bonus. PKs can close on Skahen while she's trying to run and snipe, and can fan out to mitigate DW9K's special. Kelda cuz Raelin is boring, and it's real demoralizing when she hits an 18+ and Braxas on the ropes is suddenly back to full health.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)

Last edited by Killometer; January 25th, 2024 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Guess how I've learned to take out Kelda early.
Old January 25th, 2024, 05:12 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Braxas
PKs x3
Kelda

150 Cathar Spearmen x 2
150 Q10
120 Kaemon
80 Raelin
500 points, 12 spaces

Old January 25th, 2024, 10:04 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Well met!

Braxas
PKs x3
Kelda

150 Cathar Spearmen x 2
150 Q10
120 Kaemon
80 Raelin
500 points, 12 spaces

Finn 80
Theracus 120
Raelin SOTM 240
Zetacron 300
Krav 400
Rygarn 490
Isamu 500

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old March 2nd, 2024, 05:41 PM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!
Cool Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Quote:
Finn 80
Theracus 120
Raelin SOTM 240
Zetacron 300
Krav 400
Rygarn 490
Isamu 500
This army has a few weak points where after killing 1 krav and zetacron, there's not much gas left. Counter army has speed and is bulky enough to get into range.

Sir Gilbert 100
Frostclaw Paladins 220
Knights of Weston x2 360
Irene 470
Eldgrim 500
Old March 3rd, 2024, 04:39 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleKing99 View Post
Quote:
Finn 80
Theracus 120
Raelin SOTM 240
Zetacron 300
Krav 400
Rygarn 490
Isamu 500
This army has a few weak points where after killing 1 krav and zetacron, there's not much gas left. Counter army has speed and is bulky enough to get into range.

Sir Gilbert 100
Frostclaw Paladins 220
Knights of Weston x2 360
Irene 470
Eldgrim 500
I'll bite.

Q9 - 180
Krav Maga - 280
Deathreavers x 3 - 400
Raelin - 480
Isamu - 490
Otonashi - 500

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old March 10th, 2024, 06:09 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleKing99 View Post
Quote:
Finn 80
Theracus 120
Raelin SOTM 240
Zetacron 300
Krav 400
Rygarn 490
Isamu 500

Sir Gilbert 100
Frostclaw Paladins 220
Knights of Weston x2 360
Irene 470
Eldgrim 500
I'll bite.

Q9 - 180
Krav Maga - 280
Deathreavers x 3 - 400
Raelin - 480
Isamu - 490
Otonashi - 500
I'll go with a core of Phantom Knights x5 to fly over the rats, take out the KMA, and hassle Q9. 350
Add Major Q10 take clear out Deathreavers and clean up the other heroes. 500, 16 figures.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion