Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old July 4th, 2023, 10:37 AM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
I'm guessing that'd be from Theoden's charge to Sam's speech at the end of the film?

~TAF
Not even close. Gotta give Sam credit though. Good guess.

Also, I think I may just be wrong about how time works so I thought two things were close enough to each other but might not be. I should probably just reveal it, don't know who this is for anyway.

EDIT: the answer is when Smeagol gets free. Such good stuff. I thought that whole time was really short, but I think I forgot about the part in between when Gimli talks about dwarf women.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; July 4th, 2023 at 02:12 PM.
Old July 4th, 2023, 10:58 AM

gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby!

Just watched All Quiet on the Western Front a couple nights ago, outside of it being dubbed (I believe it was made in German) it's the best historically accurate war movie I've seen.
Old July 4th, 2023, 11:13 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The original movie version with Lew Ayres was amazing too, as was the modern TV version with Richard Thomas and Ernest Borgnine as Kat! The book has a sequel called The Road Back, which ends up with the older protagonist watching Hitler Youth practicing military maneuvers from a train car.
Old July 4th, 2023, 11:42 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It's crazy to think the original had actual WW1 vets acting in it, it must've taken some serious balls to voluntarily go back and reenact being in that nightmare

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old July 4th, 2023, 12:29 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Media wise, a biography of early British film director James Whale notes that some of his early movie monster flics' more ghoulish scenes such as those from the first Frankenstein movies seem like variants on nightmarish paintings on WWI battlefield subjects.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies