Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 29th, 2017, 10:58 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: BiggaBullfrog's Customs - Update 3/29 - Orc Champion!!

Looks good! Question on Battle Rage -- can he split the bonus between the stats or is it either Move or Attack?
Old March 29th, 2017, 09:47 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Looks good! Question on Battle Rage -- can he split the bonus between the stats or is it either Move or Attack?
He can split the bonus. I was struggling to find wording to use while keeping it concise, so I ran it through Dad Scaper's Help With Wurdz thread a while back and what is on the card is what came from that.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 30th, 2017, 06:07 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

If you really wanted to make it super explicit, you could always put something like 'You may add 1 to the same or different stats for each wound marker on this card.'

Looks like fun, anyway - you've got some awesome cards!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 30th, 2017, 11:43 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
If you really wanted to make it super explicit, you could always put something like 'You may add 1 to the same or different stats for each wound marker on this card.'

Looks like fun, anyway - you've got some awesome cards!
Wow, thanks so much for that suggestion! I'm not sure why that didn't occur to me - it fits with traditional 'Scape wording for Special Attacks that can attack the same or different figures. I'll do a little thinking on how I specifically want to implement it, but I'll update the card with that. Thanks so much for the idea! And thanks for the huge compliment - I'm glad you like them!

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old April 12th, 2017, 07:09 AM

Re: BiggaBullfrog's Customs - Update 4/12 - Treasure Hunter!

Nhy Darkclaw

Who doesn’t like finding treasure? Nhy Darkclaw certainly does, so much that he often races ahead of his comrades, seeking out any items he can grab. During battle he dashes from body to body, searching remains for treasures in need of a new owner. Originally a bandit on his home world, Nhy has joined the ranks of Aquilla after she saved him from a sticky situation with a wereshark. He now uses his skills to aid his new comrades, particularly Captain Roger, who shares the Tengu’s love of treasure and who has adopted the treasure hunter as his new first mate.

Maybe Heirloom inspired me, but a long-running theme in customs that I’ve brainstormed have been interactions with glyphs - particularly Treasure Glyphs. This is the only version that has actually made it to playtesting though (so far - there is a slight chance for more). I made his power set to represent a loner of sorts. Not the kind who actually dislikes interactions with others, but more the kind who doesn’t bother to wait for anyone else. If they come along, that’s great, but he’s not going to wait for them to reach his goal. I found you can play him a couple different ways - either as a suicide lead to run through the map, picking up glyphs and then hammering on your opponent’s front lines, or as a lurker who jumps at bodies as they fall. The suicide lead can be fun and potentially dangerous on a map with a lot of Treasure Glyphs, but he is often overwhelmed quickly and leaves a Glyph right next to your opponent’s figures. The lurker style also has potential, but Nhy is fragile enough that he can take heavy damage and fall if your opponent takes the time to turn some attacks on him. Overall he tries to be a jack of all trades, but is a master of none, and games with him can be very unique and interesting as goes from body to body, looking for treasure (kind of like a crow - that’s my inspiration there).

Oh, and yes, this is another example of where I deviate from the canon established by VC, in that they have used Kenku sculpts for the Raptorians. I briefly considered making Nhy a Raptorian, but the character I had in mind for him didn’t fit the precedent set so I simply made him a Tengu in line with the original Pathfinder character whose mini this is.

Figure Used: Jakaw Razorbeak (Pathfinder: Skulls and Shackles)

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; July 8th, 2017 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Next time: One of my favorite powers I’ve come up with: Submerge. There’s blood in the water…
Old April 12th, 2017, 09:57 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't usually play with Treasure Glyphs but I really like this guy. Powers mesh well for a "Reckless Rogue." Does he take leaving engagement attacks when he moves with Treasure Hunter?
Old April 12th, 2017, 10:24 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Your new tengu looks pretty neat. Essentially gets a move at the beginning of the game and gets a free move when a hero dies nearby. Ishmel is right on specifying whether he gets leaving engagement attacks when using that power. Then a double attack. My only problem I can see is the price tag on this guy. His base stats with his double attack combined with his6 move and 5 life with a base defense of 3 is super good for 85 pts. I'm not sure if you have tested him yet, but I'd start his testing points somewhere at least 100pts for all that goodness he has. Love the card, good work.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 16th, 2017, 01:41 AM

Sorry for the delay in replying here. I've been mostly away from my computer the last few days.

Yes, he does take leaving engagement attacks when moving with Treasure Hunter. As for the pricing, I do agree that when looking at him he does seem strong, and I was expecting his price to end up at about 100. In practice, however, I found that he's not quite worth that much. His powers make him want to stay near the front, but that often leaves him exposed and vulnerable to attacks that will take him down if you're not careful. If you pile OMs on him early then you are only using a single melee hero, even if he has double attack, and he'll fall to squads or stronger heroes easily, or just be ignored. He does do better in dungeon crawls. Overall, I felt that at 85 points he felt okay, though still not very strong. Comparison-wise I usually think of Erevan (similar movement capabilities, ranged attack of 4 with possible multi-attack, 1 less defense but with range) or sometimes Jarek Guy (comparable movement when used with M-43, better survivability with Exosuit, 5 dice for single attack, 3 dice for explosion attack), and he usually played at about a C+ area. So I think 85 is good. That said, he is one of my customs that I am most open to revisiting, and probably will do so at some later time, just in case I'm able to find a better way to play him after stepping back for a while.

Thanks for the feedback and compliments guys!

10 Points Under Videos

Old May 9th, 2017, 07:10 AM

Re: BiggaBullfrog's Customs - Update 5/9 - Wereshark!

Bloodtooth

No, not the one who almost killed Nhy (he's coming later), although Bloodtooth isn't the rogue's biggest fan either. Bloodtooth is more of the simple, bloodthirsty raider type. Who is ferocious. Ferociously ferocious.

I enjoy me a nice map-dependent figure every once in a while, and that's what Bloodtooth is. He has huge potential, but can easily fall short. On a map without water for him to hide in, he's not much better than a fish out of water. Even with water, some maps don't have it in the right spot. I like this guy because his gameplay really feels like a shark on the hunt, lurking in water until there's a weak figure within striking distance, and then going on a feeding frenzy.

Figure Used: Wereshark Pirate (Pathfinder: Skulls and Shackles)

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; July 8th, 2017 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Next time: Those of you paying close attention (probably just me) know that it's time for... MILLIE 2.0!
Old May 10th, 2017, 11:35 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I like him, I agree it's nice to have a situational figure every once in a while. I've been meaning to use that figure, myself.
Old May 12th, 2017, 11:33 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Nice Bloodtooth - he's a HYBRID too, so some interesting combos with the Werewolf Lord. Being FEROCIOUS hero, I would even play him with my Troglodyte Brutes. Was thinking of buying a case of Pathfinder: Skulls and Shackles, mostly for C3V/SoV synergies, but some other customs would be helpful too.
Old May 23rd, 2017, 01:30 AM

Re: BiggaBullfrog's Customs - Update 5/23 - MILLIE 2.0!!

Hey there 'Scapers! Do you sometimes look at the great custom groups we have here on the site and say: "Man, C3V (or SoV, or HoSS, etc.) customs are great and all, but they just don't have enough text on them! They're way too simple and like original 'Scape!" If you do, then boy oh boy do I have the custom for you! The goblins have been hard at work on their Massive Ingenious Long-Legged Incinerator Engine and now it's back with more risk, more explosions, and more text!!

Like, really, I had to cut some text off the card. It's still functional and everything as far as a card goes, but many will notice that some of the usual lines for these kinds of powers, especially explosion special attacks, are missing. I thought about simplifying the card, but this new version (inspired by @TREX and @Sir Heroscape 's comments on my first version of this card) is so enjoyable and flavorful that I decided it was worth it. Plus it's still functional, like I said, and it's not like I'm going to try to make it official or anything - it's just for fun - so it all works out! So enjoy MILLIE v2.0!

Figure Used: Uggernaut (Star Wars: The Force Unleashed)

I included two versions of the card, one with fun power names (the version I prefer) and one with more serious power names. I was also going to post what the text for the original card was going to look like for kicks and giggles, but my laptop is currently biting the dust and I don't quite have the motivation to scramble through my iPod to post it here. Maybe later.

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; April 19th, 2018 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Next time: If I ever submit anything to the SoV, it will most likely be the Akara Infiltrators...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards