Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old April 9th, 2011, 01:47 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Played two games last night...

1x DotR
My girlfriend chose the eagle rider and I chose the barbarian. We struggled the entire time with a loss because of expending all the green minions. A very sad defeat...

1x The Isle of Dr. Necreaux
We got a good set of characters on this one. With just 2 hours left we had to really increase the speed to find the scientists. Unfortunately in the process, we all got killed.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old April 9th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah View Post
Played Heroscape and Agricola last night.

My Elf Wizard army just barely edged out gamjuven's Monks, Master Wu, Microcorp, and Kumiko. It game down to Emiroon and Master Wu beating on each other until Wu finally fell.
Johrdawn was the early star, raining flame and killing 3 Microcorp with a single attack. Kumiko was almost able to turn the tide though, taking advantage of the Elves weak defense and tendency to bunch up.
Interesting game of Agricola! How did the Heroscape go?
Haha! Yeah, while I do love Agricola, it doesn't lend itself nearly as well to battle reports.

I played my corn scoop which allowed me to bake some serious bread. My opponent had a butter churn, but at the last minute I was able to build some fences and squeak out the win.

Yeah. It's a more fun game than that makes it sound.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old April 9th, 2011, 05:28 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Just played Dominion for the first time today-definitely deserves the praise I've seen in this thread.
All the games that just arrived for me and this is the game I can't get out of my head right now. We played for the first time in several months the other night and instead of opening something new, we played Dominion again last night... and now I want more.

-insert signature here-
Old April 9th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Just played Dominion for the first time today-definitely deserves the praise I've seen in this thread.
All the games that just arrived for me and this is the game I can't get out of my head right now. We played for the first time in several months the other night and instead of opening something new, we played Dominion again last night... and now I want more.
Have you had any experience with Prosperity and Alchemy? How do they compare to other expansions? The last one my group got was Seaside. Would these two expansion help ignite the fire again?

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old April 9th, 2011, 05:34 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Haha, I just pulled out Ticket to Ride and Dominion and a few days ago, and that's all I want to play right now again. Good stuff.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old April 9th, 2011, 05:35 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline
Have you had any experience with Prosperity and Alchemy? How do they compare to other expansions? The last one my group got was Seaside. Would these two expansion help ignite the fire again?
Not yet. I own Dominion, Intrigue, & Seaside and have still only played with the 1st two.

I've herd Alchemy is just OK (I guess you have to buy potions and have $$ in order to purchase many of the cards, or something like that) and that Prosperity is fantastic.

I'll still get both eventually for completeness, but I'm in no rush, still 1000s of combos to play with what I have.

-insert signature here-
Old April 9th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Not yet. I own Dominion, Intrigue, & Seaside and have still only played with the 1st two.

I've herd Alchemy is just OK (I guess you have to buy potions and have $$ in order to purchase many of the cards, or something like that) and that Prosperity is fantastic.

I'll still get both eventually for completeness, but I'm in no rush, still 1000s of combos to play with what I have.
Yeah, my problem when I play card games is that I'm very competitive so I like to win often, but I also love breaking systems so when I play dominion I try to do things that are ridiculous (I've bought 3 provinces in one turn twice in a single game before) but that often leaves me waiting for my one completely overpowered combo to actually hit properly and generally losing. That's my problem when I play Magic as well. I don't know how to balance power with precision. Still great fun, however. But I think I'd still pick Race for the Galaxy over Dominion if I had a choice.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old April 9th, 2011, 07:14 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Tribune with DeceitfulBeauty and Tribunal Power. TP won with 33 points to my 28 to DB's 20.

LNoE x2 with DeceitfulBeauty and Tribunal Power.
First game, Team TP/DB's humans Escaped my zombies in the Truck after only half the rounds.
Second game, my/DB's humans Saved the Townsfolk from TP's zombies.

Heroscape x2 with Tribunal Power.
First game, his Orcs/Marro destroyed my Elemental army after taking about 10 wounds (some squads) in the first two rounds to my fully-re-Summoned Elementals (once they started falling they didn't stop).
Second game, his Romans/10th blew away my Elf Wizards, similarly to above (once my guys started dieing, they kept dieing, despite TWO successful LotHTA rolls from Acolarh to save Ulginesh's butt twice).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 9th, 2011, 07:23 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Last Night was:

Neuroshima Hex!
Hey, that's my fish!
Chaos in the Old World

Old April 9th, 2011, 07:46 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:

I've heard Alchemy is just OK (I guess you have to buy potions and have $$ in order to purchase many of the cards, or something like that) and that Prosperity is fantastic.

Prosperity is probably better than Alchemy, but I think Alchemy is fantastic. Alchemy allows lots of new paths to victory.

I think I'd rank the 5 sets:
Dominion
Prosperity
Alchemy
Seaside
Intrigue

But they're all great, really.

---

Been playing Agricola. Pretty fun I think. Daughter likes it a lot, son likes it, wife...too early to tell.
Old April 9th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Dragon Dice x 3 today.

First game was against my daughter. For the other two games I hooked up with a DD guy from their website at mt FLGS. It's always good to find out of you're playing right. He had a pretty big collection so he had a bunch of rares.

First game I played my Feral / Troll / Phoenix army against his Dwarven Mammoth Riders and Wizards. Mammoth Riders are always scary, especially when they are at a melee terrain. They hit me pretty hard, but my counter attack hit back harder. They actually fell a lot quicker than I thought they would. Then between feralization and my Troll's regenerate power I was able to slowly bring my army back up and smash the wizards.

Second game was my missle heavy army of Frostwings and Amazons against a bunch of Goblin Leopard Riders and Death Mages. The Death Mages summoned 2 dragons early and had me on the run and taking losses. But my missles were too much for the Leopard Riders. I was actually able to steal an 8th face from them. So I just continually pelted the Death Mages with missles (though my rolls were sub par) but with 4 cantrips possible every turn it was almost pointless. They eventually captured their 8th face and summoned 4 dragons to my terrain and it was all over after that.

This game is just plain awesome! It gets better and better the more you play it and understand the units (much like heroscape...)

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old April 9th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Just got done teaching my 8 year-old twin daughters their first game of Dominion. I did the shuffling and explaining/reminding, but they were able to catch on pretty good. They just played the first basic set-up, so it wasn't too complicated. It was funny because my one daughter that doesn't win at games as much as the other one, won this game and she was dancing like she won the superbowl. She had bought silver early and later picked up some Mines and turned either silver into gold or copper into silver. Then she was able to get enough money in a turn to buy a Province. My other daughter was getting too many villages and markets. While the run and combo was impressive to her, it ultimately didn't have the big payoff with enough money to buy too many Provinces. The final score was 48-31. But she was eager for a rematch, but it's bed time and that first game took awhile, so hopefully tomorrow we can go at it again. It was a blast to see them pick up on it and the excitement throughout the game.

Now if I can only get my wife to play.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games