Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 24th, 2017, 11:44 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: mac122's customs: Remodeling my thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Cool new age soldiers mac. The general emblem is for einar though. Based off the leaders abilities and the jandar cardback they are jandar right. They do look cool though. Spec ops.
Thanks, TREX! Originally, these guys were part of Einar's forces, but I decided the Red Star People's Army should be there instead. Changed the card back but forgot the symbol.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old September 25th, 2017, 04:10 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

@Mac c122 you are using MSE, right ? I recommend not touching the General logo not the card blank and always start with the General name. Thus the logo and blank zones are set to "Default" and should change automatically... less risks to mess up.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old September 25th, 2017, 10:12 AM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
@Mac c122 you are using MSE, right ? I recommend not touching the General logo not the card blank and always start with the General name. Thus the logo and blank zones are set to "Default" and should change automatically... less risks to mess up.
Thanks. That's one of the things I know, but don't always think about. Whenever I get a chance to work on these, I will definitely fix it.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old September 28th, 2017, 09:23 PM

While organizing some files, I found versions of my Red Star People's Army that I had tweaked. Still need some work, but I think these are a little better.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old October 7th, 2017, 08:38 PM

Rectangular Card Blanks - Not Trading Card size

One good thing about Photobucket's stupidity in jacking up their prices is the stuff I find as I try to get reorganized on Imgur. I love the shape of Heroscape cards, but they are a pain to cut out and you can only print up to 3 per page, wasting quite a bit of paper. I like the idea of trading card sized cards, but my 53-year-old eyes have a hard time with the very small print. My compromise was to come up with a larger rectangular card design that would print 6 per page. The example above is one of my early designs that was blessed by the now defunct CHCG24 group. I copied elements from official-style blanks for much of the design. I don't know if this would appeal to anyone else, but I thought I would share them, anyway. I've got an MSE file developed that I will share as well.
Here are the blanks for each of the classic generals.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old August 16th, 2019, 01:09 PM

Man, it's dusty in here. Looks like the thread remodeling project that time forgot.

Posting my Dr. Goomonkey Chops entry. Tied for second place, so pretty happy with it.
Skeletal Dwarf

Bio: Errant magic, it was. The wizard’s misspoken incantation, meant to protect the lives of his Dwarven comrades, brought something very different, indeed. Terrified, he watched as the skeletal remains of fallen Axegrinders rose from their bloodied and battered corpses. But as these skeletons picked up arms and armor and continued the battle, his terror found a new home in the eyes of his foes.

Here is the other concept I had for the contest, too. This is the wizard mentioned in the bio for the Skeletal Dwarf.
Thontak Gemcaster

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old October 28th, 2019, 11:56 PM

This was going to be my entry for the second round of the Chops custom contest. Unfortunately, as I was checking to make sure C3V hadn't used the figure, I found another design with powers too similar to what I had.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old October 29th, 2019, 12:13 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

That looks pretty similar to Dain from the Hobbit movie. Thematic abilities, fun card, and a sweet mini.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 29th, 2019, 06:05 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

I love Beldwin and its powers. Gives a really nice feel to the custom.

But if seems a little overpowered for its price IMO. When I compare Beldwin with Asterios for instance... Being able to move 7 spaces and possibly kill 5 squadies figures is... destructive ! Oo A lot of squad based armies just won't stand a chance against him. More over when you can still get dwarves as passive blockers (like rats !) with its second power.

That's more a 140 - 160 points value I'd say.

------

I just saw you rectangular army cards from 2017, they look really nice.
I also tried myself to make some a few years before... but I did not came with a fully optimized solution to fit power sets like Kursus or Deathcommander Mark 3 ones. :s
How do you feel about yours, now ?

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Last edited by DanieLoche; October 29th, 2019 at 12:15 PM.
Old October 29th, 2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
I love Beldwin and its powers. Gives a really nice feel to the custom.

But if seems a little overpowers for its price IMO. When I compare Beldwin with Asterios for instance... Being able to move 7 spaces and possibly kill 5 squadies figures is... destructive ! Oo A lot of squad based armies just won't stand a chance against him. More over when you can still get dwarves as passive blockers (like rats !) with its second power.

That's more a 140 - 160 points value I'd say.

------

I just saw you rectangular army cards from 2017, they look really nice.
I also tried myself to make some a few years before... but I did not came with a fully optimized solution to fit power sets like Kursus or Deathcommander Mark 3 ones. :s
How do you feel about yours, now ?
Thanks for the feedback, DL!
You may be right on the cost. I hadn't playtested him, just theory-scaped him for the contest.

The cards I've tested with the rectangular blanks seem to work well. It helps that they are larger than the playing card size others have done (6 per page instead of 9). My old eyes have issues with small print.

When I have a chance, I'll paste the powers from those two examples in and post the results.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old October 29th, 2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
That looks pretty similar to Dain from the Hobbit movie. Thematic abilities, fun card, and a sweet mini.
Thanks for the feedback, TREX!

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old November 15th, 2019, 01:27 PM

Re: mac122's customs: Chops Winner!

Chops Entree Contest Winner!
Thanks for the votes! Pleocyemata won the second round of the Chops competition!

Bio: None knew how long Pleocyemata dwelled in the Valhallan swamps. The ancient crustacean was content to live out his days in peace, munching on the occasional fish or amphibian or even larger land creature that had the misfortune to become lost in the swamp. No malice. Just sustenance. Peace. The Marro changed all that. Their Hives upset the balance of the swamp. Armies muddied the already dark waters, while weapons manufacture poisoned them. If only their gangly bodies were good eating, perhaps he could have tolerated them. But, no. These spoilers must be destroyed. An Aquillan squad, surrounded by a Marro ambush, witnessed first-hand Pleocyemata's wrath. One by one, Stinger, Drudge, Divider, returned to the swamp that spawned them, dragged down by huge pincers. Saved from certain doom, the Aquillans were determined to inform their general of a potential ally.

The figure used for this unit is a Pathfinder Battles figure from the Maze of Death set. Its model name and number are #29 Deep Lurker.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards