Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 27th, 2006, 02:36 AM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
What about a figure with high life (like 9 or 10) and low defense (zero or 1)....would that be a workable concept?
Old May 27th, 2006, 02:41 AM

bobofett has disabled reputation
I think i'd go with charos 9 life 5 defense. and he can stay in a fight even if he got hit with a direct attack by jotun.(although he would not last much longer after that)

Visit the worlds greatest website.
www.heroscapers.com/community
Old May 27th, 2006, 02:43 AM

bobofett has disabled reputation
You need some resistance against an attack or else you will be hit with direct attacks evey time and you won't last too long.

Visit the worlds greatest website.
www.heroscapers.com/community
Old May 27th, 2006, 02:51 AM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofett
You need some resistance against an attack or else you will be hit with direct attacks evey time and you won't last too long.
That's the point....like how Vipers aren't meant to last long. A figure with 9 life and 0 defense would have a real time limit on their usefullness.....they'd stick around and dish out some pain, but they'd have to heal or risk a quick exit. A figure like that could be powerful but not overwhelmingly point-costed I think.
Old May 27th, 2006, 05:15 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I think that it's best to have a balance between life and defense. If I had to choose one over the other it would be life. I've looked at that DW9K poster that nether made one too many times (and seen the same results one too many times).

Ultimately this is essentially a HS philosophy discussion. It's all good and fun, but the real game uses match ups. There are many potential match ups in any given battle. It's really about who has the greater ability in choosing which match ups happen that determines who wins and loses. Then there are the odd times when DW9K blanks on a single attack die and goes down in a blaze of unglory. All the talk here is essentially numbers, but if you can't get the right units to fight, then the question is moot. Then it becomes all about drafting an entire army that has pretty much the same stats so you have identicle odds no matter how poor your strategy is. I say pick a proper variety and let your mad skills take advantage of your opponents weaknesses.
Old May 27th, 2006, 06:15 AM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
I'm looking back over my numbers and it appears to form a curve rather than a straight line. At numbers greater than 6 it quickly begins to become more and more valuable. It reaches a point that not only does it reduce the effectiveness of average and powerful attacks but it completely cancels out lesser attacks.

Look at DoesntComputes numbers. A 9 Def has a 62% chance of 3 or more shields. This means an attack of 3 dice has only a 11.26% or .13(1-.62)+((.50-.13)(1-.86))+((.88-.50)(1-.97)) chance to penetrate a 9 defense. An attack of 2 only has a 5% or .25(1-.86)+.50(1-.97) chance to penetrate. This is less than half the chance where without the numbers you might expect it to be affective 2/3 of the chance.

Amazing. This has me thinking now. I am going to take these numbers and build a couple spead sheets over the next couple days at which time I will post my specific findings. That is unless I get banned before now and then.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units