Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

View Poll Results: What sets would you buy if they were reprinted?
Wave 1 5 8.33%
Wave 2 24 40.00%
Wave 3 30 50.00%
Wave 4 46 76.67%
Wave 5 14 23.33%
Wave 6 39 65.00%
Wave 7 18 30.00%
Wave 8 9 15.00%
Wave 9 10 16.67%
Wave 10 10 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:19 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
What sets would you buy if they were reprinted.

I decided to make a poll asking what all sets you would buy if they were reprinted not the one you want most so I created this poll.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:20 PM

falls78 is surprisingly tart
Re: What sets would you buy if they were reprinted.

Edit: you actually posted a poll so now my sarcasm is not needed. carry on
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:23 PM

That Guy0715 is surprisingly tart

I'm not sure what the difference is, but I would buy wave 2 & wave 6.

Spoiler Alert!
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:23 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Definately wave four with wave 6 close behind though I have been picking up needed wave four squads fairly cheap.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:25 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's embarrassing but I need some of a set from at least every wave except Wave 8.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:37 PM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!

waves 2-9, if I had the money.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:06 PM
What is Sarcasm?

REGULUS is surprisingly tart

Wave 3 for more Gorillanators and Monks & Wave 6 for more Zombies, Shades and Einar kyries.

I want my FANTASTIC FOUR!!!
...and Skrulls
Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:25 PM
Master Custom Creator & HS Codex Editor-in-Chief

atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby!

All of them, no I'm not joking.
Everything should be on the shelves all the time.

The Meaning of Life is to Give Life Meaning!

The More I learn, the Less I know.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:28 PM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

After filling out the obvious (4x every common) I'm really looking forward to pursuing

at least 20x Zombies
at least 10x Romans, Aubrien Archers, Reavers, Gladiatrons, Orcs, and Ashigaru
at least 9x Marro Drones
at least 8x Scotts, Heavy Gruts, Knights
at least 6x Venoc Vipers, Samurai Archers

Edit: I'd have to agree with Atmosporo. I'll be content with the condition of heroscape when the shelves are stocked full and can stay that way.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:41 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!

It's odd that some people are saying Wave 2. Was Wave 2 not just reprinted. I found two 10th Mass and Wolves at Wal-Mart two weeks ago. I bought them for trade or tournament entry fee (if I ever get to one).

My problem is wave 10 Warriors of Feldspar and Wave 9 because I took about 2 years off. Even Wave 8 I had to do a little catch up on because it was so rare at my Wal-Marts. I will not make the mistake of not pre-ordering everything I ever want for HS again.

And if anyone wants to send the Gen Con exclusives my way of Agent Skahen and Master Woo, I'll forever be in debt.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 12:01 AM

dsbarrick is surprisingly tart

I'd also be most interested in Wave 2. Although (as Riggler said) it's been reprinted not so long ago (from what I hear), I missed it and it seems none of the online retailers have it in stock (except for House Mouse with limited quantities of the hero pack).

In my neck of the woods, it's impossible to find 'Scape on the shelves (with the exception of the same stuff that was lingering on at Toys 'R' Us for ages and is now gone after an awesome sale).

Next for me would be Wave 6, strictly because of Heavy Gruts (I only have one squad). Then Waves 3 and 4. Then everything else.

I was talking with Wriggz a while ago about how my HS acquistion patterns evolved. I started out trying to get a little bit of everything. Then trying to be a bit more of a completist and pre-ordering when the new waves came out. At this point I've gotten into buying multiple commons and I'm kicking myself for not picking up more of certain units (like the Heavies) that I'd love to field multiples of, and that used to just hang around the shelves in Wal-Mart and Toys 'R' Us.

I'd guess it's like that for a lot of 'Scapers, before the obsession sets in fully, and before you realize how much more effective multiple commons are. I passed up stuff that was readily available because I already had one of it, and at that point of my interest in the hobby, that's all that seemed reasonable for me to purchase. Now I realize I play and enjoy the game enough - and it makes enough of a difference strategically - that I am interested in making the extra purchases of multiples.

This is why I think the reprints are so great and so important to the game. People aren't necessarily going to know what they want until they get a feel for the game and realize how much they love it - and they quite possibly are going to be up for repeat purchases as they become more immersed in the game.

Heck, I'm just going with two of commons currently (with a few exceptions of 3 or 4), and I'm sure if the game's supported/printed long enough I'll be tempted to upgrade to three of everything once I'm caught up. . . (and I know some folks are going to urge me to just go ahead and get 3 or 4 of everything now while I can)

Last edited by dsbarrick; March 23rd, 2010 at 01:10 AM.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 12:35 AM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggler View Post
It's odd that some people are saying Wave 2. Was Wave 2 not just reprinted. I found two 10th Mass and Wolves at Wal-Mart two weeks ago. I bought them for trade or tournament entry fee (if I ever get to one).

My problem is wave 10 Warriors of Feldspar and Wave 9 because I took about 2 years off. Even Wave 8 I had to do a little catch up on because it was so rare at my Wal-Marts. I will not make the mistake of not pre-ordering everything I ever want for HS again.

And if anyone wants to send the Gen Con exclusives my way of Agent Skahen and Master Woo, I'll forever be in debt.

hmmm... I voted wave 2 for the 1 set I missed out on both times that wave was realesed minions and drones because you need 4 sets for the drones to be effective.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion