Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 7th, 2009, 09:33 PM

RedSkullz is surprisingly tart
World of Dungeons & Dragons

Lately we have been playing lots of 'scape. Now after playing a lot, i want to add some new figures to the game. I also collect and play D&D miniatures quite a bit. I started looking at D+D minis cards and i realized that many of the figures could be fairly easily be converted to scape. Since i love the rich D+D universe, i started whipping up some stats for some of my favorite figures. Eventually i plan to get the whole card making process happening, but just for now i will throw up some stats and get some opinions. The size of figures is blank for now.(until i go through the figures) The point cost is also blank for now. (looking for opinions)
If you see any errors please let me know! (or better rule wording ect)

Lawful Evil Creatures:

Beholder Lich
Life 3.............Beholder/Undead......Utgar
Move 2...........Unique Hero
Range 1..........
Attack 2.........Relentless
Defense 3

Twisted Eye Rays: Range 8
Instead of attacking, choose a target within 6 clear sight spaces of Beholder Lich. Roll d20
1-5 Chill Ray- Roll 1 die. If a skull is rolled target takes 1 unblockable wound. (does not affect snow and ice enhanced figures)
6-10 Inflict Minor Wounds- Roll 2 dice. If one or more skulls is rolled, target takes 1 unblockable wound. (does not affect undead,constructs or soulborgs)
11-14 Vampiric Eye Ray- Roll 2 dice. If one or more skulls is rolled, target takes 1 unblockable wound and Beholder Lich gains 1 life. (can increase maximum life to 5 with this power)
15-18 Bestow Curse- Target figure gets -2 attack dice for the remainder of the game.
19-20 Finger of Death- Roll 3 dice. If 2 skulls are rolled, destroy target figure. If 1 skull is rolled, target figure takes 1 unblockable wound.

Plenty more to type out! Coming Soon! Any comments or constructive critism is appreciated!

Last edited by RedSkullz; May 18th, 2009 at 01:53 AM. Reason: adding first card!
Old May 7th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: World of Dungeons & Dragons

Starting with the first one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSkullz View Post
Beholder
Dual Eye Rays: Can use eye rays twice in a turn.
Eye Rays: Choose target within a range of 8 clear sight spaces before making D20 roll.
That's quote a lot of range for something that you get to use twice a round. 4 seems better.

Quote:
1-6 Telekenesis Ray- Move target small, medium creature up to 3 spaces away. Target will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Ok

Quote:
7-12 Inflict Moderate Wounds- Roll 3 dice. If a skull is rolled target takes 1 unblockable wound.
What if you roll more than one skull?

Quote:
13-16 Slow Eye Ray- Target creature can't move and attack for the remainder of the game.
That seems waaay too powerful. Especially with such a large die-roll range. It's basically an autokill.

Quote:
17-18 Flesh to Stone- Roll 4 dice. If 3 skulls are rolled target is destroyed. If 1 or 2 skulls is rolled target takes 1 unblockable wound.
Probably better as a single number. I'd go with 19. Add that if the figure is "destroyed" it stays on the board. That way it can act as an impediment or an LoS blocker.

Quote:
19-20 Disintegrate- Roll 4 dice. If 2 skulls are rolled target is destroyed. If 1 skull is rolled target takes 1 unblockable wound.
Again I'd drop this to a single d20 number-20.

I'd also change the dice rolls for Flesh to Stone and Disintegrate. I'd probably say Roll 3 dice. Any skulls result in unblockable wounds. If a small or medium figure receives three wounds from a single attack it is destroyed (or turned to stone, as appropriate)

The rest all look pretty good, except for one detail.

Quote:
Horned Devil
Life 6 Outsider-Devil
Move 6 Unique Hero
Range 1 Warlord
Attack 6 Relentless
Defense 5

Pit Fiend
Life 5 Outsider-Devil
Move 6 Unique Hero
Range 1 Warrior
Attack 5 Terrifying
Defense 5
The Horned Devil is more powerful than the Pit Fiend?

The hard part is going to be pricing them all.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Last edited by Killometer; May 7th, 2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old May 7th, 2009, 10:22 PM

Changed the range on Beholders Eye Rays to 4. Changed the wording on Slow Ray and Inflict Moderate Wounds.
Remember that first you must Roll a 17+, and then you must defy the odds again for 3 out of 4 dice as skulls for the Stone to Flesh to autokill..still think its too powerful? Thematically rolling 3 dice that count as unblockable wounds doesnt work for me for Stone to Flesh...disintegrate it could work for. I may change that up.
Old May 7th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Slow ray is pretty nifty looking now.

Yeah, I guess that with the d20+skulls requirement FtS and Disintegrate are ok.

And the more I look at the Cadaver Collector and the War Troll the more I love them. Are the spikes on your CC figure large enough to hang HS figures off of, so your opponent can really get the full effect? That would be awesome!

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old May 7th, 2009, 11:00 PM

Good eye on the Pit Fiend/Horned Devil mixup! Change the stats to suit them both better.(i was making both of those at the same time...lol)
I figured the Slow Ray needed a little bit of clarification.
The CC spikes are not really big enough to hang off any figures...good idea though!
You are 100% right..pricing is going to be the real challenge with these figures!

Edit: Added point values to most figures...hopefully i am somewhat close.

Edit Again: Added Exarch of Tyranny, Beholder Lich and Noble Salamander
I have the following figures statted on paper and just need to type them out:
Lawful Evil:
Blood Golem of Hextor
Khumat
Gulgar
Sahaugin Baron
Aspect of Hextor

Chaotic Evil:
Cyclops
Red Slaad
Hill Giant Chieftan
Frost Giant Jarl
Fiendish Monstrous Scorpion
Clawborn Scorrow
Magma Hurler
Zombie White Dragon
Warduke
Vlaakith the Lich Queen
Balor
Thrall of Blackrazor
King Obould
Rage Drake
Draegloth
Roper
Hezrou
hunched giant
chimera
Lareth the Beautiful

Chaotic Good:
Air Genasi Swashbuckler
Virtous Charger
Lillend
Large Brass Dragon
Warbound Impaler
Dragon Totem Hero
Dire Tiger
Capricous Copper Dragon

Lawful Good:
None yet!

Last edited by RedSkullz; May 8th, 2009 at 01:26 AM.
Old May 10th, 2009, 01:24 PM

Lots of views but no comments? Is it because they are not in card format? Does nobody like my customs? (or is nobody interested in D+D?)
Please say something someone!
Old May 11th, 2009, 10:36 AM
The Little Warforged That Could

Izner knows what's in an order marker Izner knows what's in an order marker Izner knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSkullz View Post
Lots of views but no comments? Is it because they are not in card format? Does nobody like my customs? (or is nobody interested in D+D?)
Please say something someone!
Personally, I usually don't stop to read custom figure stats unless I see a card and a picture of the figure. A messy post with horrible grammar and poor arrangement will sometimes turn me away too. (Your post is nice and neat, I'm just explaining.) I'm largely a visual person.

The D&D website has a database of all their figures compete with photos. Check it out here. Those pictures are great for making HS cards. When I found these figures, I just scrolled through all their lists and marked down every figure I wanted. Found them on eBay fairly cheap. Anyone who combines shipping for free becomes your BFF in a hurry.

I imagine a large portion of this community would have at least some knowledge of D&D (My knowledge is quite slim).

For the most part the the D&D figures work quite well. There are, however some that are inexplicably small. I bought up a hand full of figures and one of them was a significantly smaller sculpt. I suppose you gotta watch out for halflings, or something. Same goes for DreamBlade. That aside tho, they make great figures and/or parts for customs.

Old May 12th, 2009, 01:00 AM

Cool...thanks for the comments Izner!(giving rep now) I suppose i will have to get onto making cards then! Thanks for the database link. I do think i want to make some custom images with a nice lightning backround for the cards, when i do get around to make them. Some figures from D+D are rather small for HS customs. If you avoid any of the small races (gnomes, halflings, dwarves) they size up pretty well for 'scape. Humans tend to be a bit smaller than 'scapes 28mm scale.(28mm? 30mm?)
As for all of the ddm figures i have made cards for, i already have the figures in my possession.(so far i have been making/converting only rares, uncommon and common figures will get converted eventually) I have a pretty substantial D+D minis collection(just over 3000), so there is alot of figures i will eventually make cards for. Some of the figures i have cards for will not come cheap.(the Beholder instantly comes to mind at $20+) Many of the rare figures i have done cards for will be a reasonable cost though.(like $3-6 each)
Old May 12th, 2009, 10:05 AM
The Little Warforged That Could

Izner knows what's in an order marker Izner knows what's in an order marker Izner knows what's in an order marker

3000?

Wow! I assume there's a lot of duplicates then?

Old May 12th, 2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izner View Post
3000?

Wow! I assume there's a lot of duplicates then?

Yeah..certain figures i have like 10-20 of. Darkmantle 21, Carnage Demon 15, Champion of Dol Dorn 19 are some of the highest number of dupes.
Old May 18th, 2009, 02:13 AM

Well i got some actual cards done! (well almost....i didnt get around to finishing the hit zones yet)
Old March 27th, 2010, 11:26 PM

Bear1211 has disabled reputation

Hey Redskullz, your stuff looks good. as a long time Minis Player with well over 5000 Minis(ie. started with current version of Chainmail) I'm just getting into HS and have been wondering about combining the two. Thanks for the inspiration

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards