Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 5th, 2009, 04:48 AM

Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker
Re: Vancouver WA Tournament Jan 24th 2009

I will test my designs this week and post them.

Quozl, I will add her.
Old January 11th, 2009, 10:09 PM

With no designs submitted, I will select some of the maps on the site (and stock maps) for the event. If you have a specific request, please post it for consideration. I will post the maps either later tonight or tomorrow.
Old January 11th, 2009, 11:03 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

I actually live in Camas... and would really love to attend this event. I have one question... I'm still pretty new as far as experience is concerned. I've played by myself and against my wife- but that's it.

If I was to participate, would it be friendly enough of an atmosphere that it'd be okay to ask for clarification on a rule here or there? I understand it well enough, I just fear that I'd get that "socially retarded" shy disease playing with strangers and lock up on a rule or something.
Old January 11th, 2009, 11:09 PM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melwing17 View Post
I actually live in Camas... and would really love to attend this event. I have one question... I'm still pretty new as far as experience is concerned. I've played by myself and against my wife- but that's it.

If I was to participate, would it be friendly enough of an atmosphere that it'd be okay to ask for clarification on a rule here or there?
No.
First we spit on your face then kick you off the match, taking whatever army you were using. After that we ask an administer to ban you forever.

It is a very friendly atmosphere. My dad didn't know a lot either and he survived.

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome
Old January 11th, 2009, 11:14 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

Sign me up then!

Just me; adult. My wife might come but not to play.

I'll definitely bring a donation for the charity. Just a question about the other part of the 'entry fee', though. I read some other people discussing a HeroScape themed item to bring as well, could I please get clarification on what would be appropriate to bring in that regard? Sorry if I missed clarification.
Old January 11th, 2009, 11:37 PM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

The prize?
You could just stop by a wal*mart and get a heroscape expansion and that would be good enough. You don't have to buy anything fancy or expensive.

Old January 12th, 2009, 03:38 AM

Yes, any Heroscape item would work - however if you get it from WalMart....let me know which one because 192nd/Mill Plain has only Marvelscape on the shelf as of the last several days.
Old January 12th, 2009, 02:25 PM

Right-o. Hopefully I can find something in stock somewhere.

Additionally, I just read through the whole thread. I may have missed it- but has the starting space thing been decided? I saw alot of votes for 30; just checking. Never done this before so I want to be well prepared
Old January 12th, 2009, 08:17 PM

Yep, plan for 30.
I rarely passed 27, so don't worry.

Old January 13th, 2009, 01:04 AM

Went to Wal-Mart and bought some underoos. Heh. Nothing but the Marvelscape set in sight, though. At either Wal-Mart. <gulps>
Old January 13th, 2009, 11:54 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melwing17 View Post
Right-o. Hopefully I can find something in stock somewhere.

Additionally, I just read through the whole thread. I may have missed it- but has the starting space thing been decided? I saw alot of votes for 30; just checking. Never done this before so I want to be well prepared
Quote:
Originally Posted by temp.nerd View Post
Yep, plan for 30.
I rarely passed 27, so don't worry.
30 spaces is huge. It's almost difficult to get an army up to that size unless you're thinking of something crazy like 5x Templars or 10x Stingers/Zombies or something with a million Deathreavers. To tell the truth, I voted for 30 starting spaces, but my army only takes up 9.
Old January 13th, 2009, 03:10 PM

Yeah I think my current setup is 12 spaces, I was just going through alot of different options.

edit: I've checked both Wal-Marts I have easy access to, and neither have anything but Marvel on the shelf right now. And walmart.com doesn't have any for site-to-store shipping either. I'll keep looking- I guess if it comes down to it I can order a few things online and hopefully combine shipping; I'd just be worried about it arriving on time. <shrug> We shall see.

Have a great day, all!

Last edited by Melwing17; January 13th, 2009 at 03:55 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events