Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old December 18th, 2008, 03:04 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Vancouver WA Tournament Jan 24th 2009

It seems that there have been a lot of great maps lately... it seems like whenever there's a release of new terrain followed by a dry spell of new units, people get very creative with their maps.
With 600 point, 30-space armies, I think small-ish maps would be the way to go if we want to keep games within the time limit. Ideas for those would be "Feylund Fountain," "Ticalla Sunrise," "Invasion," "Husk of the Holdfast," "Marsepia's Glory," "Dolin's Switchback," "Ghosts of Thorgrim's Crossing," and "Hot Meal." (I'll link those maps and give the proper author-credit when I have a few more minutes)
Original map designs are a great idea. I have a Mac and thus can't use virtualscape, but I'm sure there are others who could build some great maps out there.
(paging yagyninja, yagyuninja to the courtesy telephone... )
Old December 18th, 2008, 05:16 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Funny, I just happened to check this a couple of hours after you posted.

Maybe I will work on a new map or two...I'll be messing with virtualscape soon anyway building an encounter for my D&D game.
Old December 18th, 2008, 06:04 PM

Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker

You coming Yag? (I dont see you signed up.........YET.)

Nadom, can you use one of the others and post a .pdf of it?

I think it would make it interesting to see our local players create their own pool of tourny maps. Right now, we have 22 signed up - and I think we can safely project at least 26-32. Are there enough people interested in making maps to cover 16 boards? What parameters to use? (MS + 1 or 2 Terrain Packs?) If we do the 600 points on 30 starts, the maps should be designed for 500/24 as well though - for use later.

I will work up more details on this....but my first question: Is there any interest in having it be a "contest" with a prize for the "best" map? Or just do it for the fun?
Old December 18th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahde View Post
I think it would make it interesting to see our local players create their own pool of tourny maps. Right now, we have 22 signed up - and I think we can safely project at least 26-32. Are there enough people interested in making maps to cover 16 boards? What parameters to use? (MS + 1 or 2 Terrain Packs?) If we do the 600 points on 30 starts, the maps should be designed for 500/24 as well though - for use later.

I will work up more details on this....but my first question: Is there any interest in having it be a "contest" with a prize for the "best" map? Or just do it for the fun?
Sounds like a fun idea. Might as well make it BoV parameters so we could nominate them there if we like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 18th, 2008, 08:41 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker

Maybe the map contest could be for making the Championship Round map?

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old December 18th, 2008, 08:44 PM

Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker

Hmmmmm....

Contestant maps used during main rounds, and then vote on the winner that is used for championship games or....?

I will check out the BoV guidelines.
Old December 18th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If there's a map contest, I'll enter. But please let me know right away, as I'm not skilled with VS and it will take me a while to get a satisfactory result.
Old December 18th, 2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Hmmmmm....

Contestant maps used during main rounds, and then vote on the winner that is used for championship games or....?

I was suggesting that we could use the normal BoV-type maps we have been using (or new ones, whatever) for the main rounds, but have the contest be for making the championship map, which should probably be bigger than a standard BoV map.

Or should it? A 4 way battle on a standard sized map would be wonderfully brutal.

Either way, just a suggestion.

Edit: Nevermind. I was thinking the championship was a 4-way battle.

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

BattletechScape

Last edited by MegadeV; December 19th, 2008 at 02:03 AM.
Old December 19th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The championship round is 4-way? Whoa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 19th, 2008, 12:41 AM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegadeV View Post
Quote:
Hmmmmm....

I was suggesting that we could use the normal BoV-type maps we have been using (or new ones, whatever) for the main rounds, but have the contest be for making the championship map, which should probably be bigger than a standard BoV map.

Or should it? A 4 way battle on a standard sized map would be wonderfully brutal.

Either way, just a suggestion.
Or three on you
Oh and I'll try for the map contest. I've been lazy and making simple maps lately, but I could step my game up!

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome
Old December 19th, 2008, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
The championship round is 4-way? Whoa!
No, it's not. I'm an idiot. Sorry.

BattletechScape
Old December 19th, 2008, 02:19 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegadeV View Post
Maybe the map contest could be for making the Championship Round map?
Brilliant!

Bahde, I'll try using solidscape, but it's fairly limited as far as what sets it has in it. It's worth a shot. I love the idea of everybody contributing original maps.

Edit: Oh, by the way, Megadev, after careful consideration, I'm going to have to appreciatively decline your offer to let me borrow some Zombies. As tempting as is is to go with 10x Zombies, I've got another idea. Thanks again, though!

Last edited by Nadom; December 19th, 2008 at 02:32 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events