Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old July 23rd, 2008, 02:18 AM

STEALTHRULER is surprisingly tart
Question I just Bought the Kozuke Samurai

I just bought the Kozuke Samurai about 30 min ago, and man, they're cool. they're charge ability would be great when on stone, because then they would get a move of 11. If its allowed to go higher than 9. is it? I always wondered. well anyway, great sculpts. Anyone have any history using them? Good Bad? I'm using them tomorrow morn. Thanks.

~STEALTHRULER

My Customs My Maps
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9
Old July 23rd, 2008, 02:22 AM

Heroic Monkey is surprisingly tart
Re: I just Bought the Kozuke Samurai

This is from the Book of Kozuke Samurai under the FAQ section:

- CHARGING ASSAULT : Bonus Movement Using Charging Assault
When using Charging Assault, can the Samurai’s movement be enhanced by anything like roads, or auras to increase
the amount of spaces it can move?
Yes. This ability is enhancing the base movement of the card, which may also be enhanced by things like Glyphs, Auras,
or special terrain. (Hasbro FAQ)
Old July 23rd, 2008, 02:48 AM

Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker

Keep in mind that that 11 move is only possible if they're unengaged, on road, and moving into engagement.

Anecdotally, I've used them a few times with some success. I'm always a fan of counter-strike, so these guys see lot of play with me (as do all of the samurai, and Charos, and Cap...). I like the Tagawa better, though, as their higher defense makes getting that counter-strike that much likelier.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 08:30 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHRULER View Post
I just bought the Kozuke Samurai about 30 min ago, and man, they're cool. they're charge ability would be great when on stone, because then they would get a move of 11. If its allowed to go higher than 9. is it? I always wondered. well anyway, great sculpts. Anyone have any history using them? Good Bad? I'm using them tomorrow morn. Thanks.

~STEALTHRULER
Please use the Books. This in no way needed its own thread.
The Book of Kozuke Samurai
Old July 23rd, 2008, 08:37 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

The Kozuke are one of the staples of many of our games. I've always found them to be very dependable. And yes- that 8 move is useful every time we play them.

As Manatee says, the Tagawa are also a great squad. At 220 pts for the combo, I see no reason to decide between them. The Kozuke can do what the Tagawa cannot against heroes and possibly ranged fire. Heroes- because the Tagawa need some quick kills to get really scary. Ranged fire- obviously because the Kozuke's Charge spans the same distance as the Range on many ranged attacks. They are among the most flexible of melee squads.

EDIT: ::Spite sees the post above his own and freezes, hoping Cav's vision is based on movement::
Old July 23rd, 2008, 12:43 PM

Cavalier, sorry I put them in the wrong thread. Could someone move this? I'm still learnin'

My Customs My Maps
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9
Old July 23rd, 2008, 12:52 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like them a lot, with the first few markers on them they can do some damage. I had a game where the killed Cyprien by turn 2, eliminating a huge threat. My only problem with them is they are fairly quick to die. I think if the dropped the attack by one, and made them common, they would be a great squad.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 01:50 PM

zettian_guard is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHRULER View Post

~STEALTHRULER
Lucky you. I tried the Kozuke once and was hooked. Their movement and attack combo did some heavy damage. I don't have them yet so they are number one on my wantlist. A Kozuke-Tagawa-Katsuro army sounds intriguing.

Old July 23rd, 2008, 01:55 PM

Aaah the tagawa samurai. They look like they'd own! I don't have em yet though.....
I'm putting old raelin with them and using thorgrim as a suicide bomber, so they get extra def. BOOYAH!

My Customs My Maps
Old July 23rd, 2008, 04:00 PM

syvarris0 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Kozuke Samurai-Einar
Life-1 Human
Figures-3 Unique Squad
Move-5 Samurai
Range-1 Disciplined
Attack-5 Medium 4
Defense-3
Points-100

Charging Assault
Any or all Kozuke Samurai May add 3 to their Move number as long as they are unengaged prior to moving. Kozuke Samurai must be able to move adjacent to an opponent's figure in order to use Charging Assault.
Type:Tactical
Probability:Situational*

Counter Strike
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure. This power does not work against other Samurai.
Type: Offensive
Probability:Varies,Situational**

*Must be unengaged prior to moving,must be able to move adjacent to an opponent's figure.
**Must be defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure.

Glossary of terms
Tactical-Giving the user the upper hand in battle placement,e.x. height advantage.
Offensive-giving the user powers that help destroy the enemy.

Haven't posted in 7 months,found out about PS3 and more recently WOWTBC
Old July 24th, 2008, 12:42 AM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

They are awesome against low def. heavy hiters like jotun or drake, and they are worth 100 points. Die quickly though.
First round, all orders makers on them, run around assasssinating heros until there are no kozuke left.
They should come with ninjas, and trust me, i have terrible luck with disappear, so dont use them.

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome

Last edited by temp.nerd; July 24th, 2008 at 03:51 PM.
Old July 24th, 2008, 02:36 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by temp.nerd View Post
i agree with calvalier, this is a dumb thread.
but i will give my opinion of the kozuke anyway.
they are awesome against low def. heavy hiters like jotun or drake,
and they are worth 100 points. die quickly though.
first round, all orders makers on them, run around assasssinating heros until there are no kozuke left.
they should come with ninjas, and trust me, i have terrible luck with disappear, so dont use them.
Cav never said this was a dumb thread so I would advise you to ...

1-Don't put words into peoples mouths especially well established respected people here.

2-Use the SHFIT key...it is on the keyboard for a reason.

3-Stop being so rude. Your responses in the blogs have already gotten you warned yet you still continue to post the same way. This is not necessarily directed at this thread but I did not see the need to post it in the other threads.

4-Change your sig...because if you keep this up my motto is going to be NEG REPPING TEMP.NERD IS FUN

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units