Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker
Vancouver WA BIG GIVE Tourny May 31st

An Outrageous Parable

Heroscape: The Fund Raiser!

Where: St John’s Presbyterian Church – Camas, WA

When: Saturday, May 31st

Time: 11:00am - 6:00pm
(Approximate End Time)

What is going on here? We, yes that includes YOU too, are having a tournament to raise money for the Good Shepherd Hospital (Dem Rep of Congo) as part of a church fund raiser. The effort is modeled in a fashion similar to the “Big Give” television show and our family has decided to set up a Heroscape Tournament. All money raised through donations and the entry fee will be given 100% to the fund raising. Pending enough entrants, there will be separate brackets for the younger players (to be determined by the youngest 8 entrants). The format will be set up with a Swiss scoring system; there will be five rounds of 45 minutes each and a final round of 60 minutes for the top 4 finishers in the adult bracket. The top two in the youth bracket will earn prizes and the top four in the adult bracket will earn prizes. (Actual prize distribution to be determined by number of entrants, estimates based on a predicted 24 adults & 8 youth players.) There will be an entry fee of $10 per person, acceptance of table prizes in lieu of entry fee will be determined by the quantity of donations received from our generous retail partners. There will also be concessions for those interested; a partial menu (with prices) will be made available prior to the date for participants to view—and the proceeds from the concessions will be donated as well, less the cost.
  • 500 point armies – no Marvel or customs. (Strict 500 point limit.)
  • 5 minute warning on rounds, most points alive on the board wins at buzzer.
I realize there are probably many things I have forgotten, please let me know if you have any questions or comments. Sign up below if you plan on attending and indicate how many and ages if under 13. Please also feel free to make suggestions on your favorite maps as you sign up, we make no promises as to which maps will be included but your input is valued. When the tourney itself is done, there will be time to socialize and play more for fun. The sooner we have people sign up the sooner we can anticipate the menu and the prize distribution. We look forward to seeing everyone there.

Post tournament auction: 10 complete ROTV Master Sets (to be used for the maps in the tournament only). Opening Bid per set will start at $10.

Prize Table: Gift Certificate (House Mouse), ROTV Master Set (1) (Donated), FoTA (1) (Donated), and Marvelscape (1) (Donated).....More to come, as the participant list grows.

Currently Signed Up:

Adults (12+ age) x12
(Me, Aaron +1, Megadev +2, RdHight +1,Danny, McLeod, MickeyJay & Joshua)

Youth (8-10) x4
(Madilynn, MaryBeth, Jonah & Joseph)

(Directions & map listed on website. Location verified and approved.)

ROTV
Forsaken Waters
Table Of The Giants

SOTM + RTTFF
Embattled Fen

Concessions To Include: Pizza, Hotdogs, Soft Drinks & More TBD.

Last edited by Bahde; May 27th, 2008 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Donations Noted & Prize Table Contents Begun & Menu
Old April 30th, 2008, 01:51 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Vancouver WA BIG GIVE Tourny May 31st

I like the idea of just playing in a tournament! I'm going to try to make it work, and let you know as soon as possible.
Old May 1st, 2008, 06:35 AM

My finals are taking a LOT more out of me this week, I had hoped to have all the details posted today but likely wont have the game details till this weekend.

I have had tremendous success thus far setting up sponsors to donate prizes, I dont yet have a complete list of prizes but that information will be made available as soon as we have it.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:51 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

This sounds like an awesome project at very least. I love the idea of playing in a tournament to support such a great cause. I'll check to see it it's possible and let you know as soon as I can.
Old May 6th, 2008, 02:14 PM

I am currently compiling a list of maps, I will have that posted up this week. Including the donated MS, I have access directly to 24 ROTV, 4 SOTM, 4 TT, 4 VW, 6 RTTFF & 6 FoTA.....any suggestions on maps would be appreciated.
Old May 8th, 2008, 08:17 PM

Scoring for games that run the time limit will be based on who has the most points left in play, counting the fractions.

Scoring for overall winner tie breaks will be based on total points destroyed throughout the tournament.

There will be side boards allowed, perhaps even set up if we have spares.

I will have extra dice and markers if you forget yours. If you have a new player that is interested in playing for the first time but doesnt have figures, please contact me via email to discuss making arrangements for figures.

paulslot77@aim.com

----

Notes on game play:

*Only dice that land directly on the table - and flat - will be counted. All others are re-rolled regardless of "how flat" it lands.

*"Reasonable degree" to determine LOS etc. Anyone trying to analyze too much will be flogged with cotton sacks full of stuffed animals.

Its a charity tournament, lets keep it civil and amiable.
Old May 12th, 2008, 01:57 AM

Add Megadev + 2.
Old May 13th, 2008, 07:12 PM

For concessions, we have had pizza donated by a local franchise of a "take and bake" and are pursuing other options as well for soft drinks and snacks. Concession menu so far:

*Pizza (By the slice) - Cheese, Pepperoni, Pepperoni & Sausage, and Hawaiin
*Hotdogs

We will be updating the menu as well, again...all proceeds from the concessions will go directly to the fundraiser as well.

If you have allergies or requests, please let us know.
Old May 13th, 2008, 07:28 PM

I posted the wrong SOTM map, I will update that tonight - but I want to compare Embattled Fen (By Gamebear) and Marsh Island (By Eckels).
Old May 14th, 2008, 04:03 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Elstree and I are going to see about making it down there, but it is really not a sure thing right now.
Old May 14th, 2008, 04:53 PM

Chewie Woo who?

This is going to be fun
Old May 16th, 2008, 02:44 AM

After playing the maps over the past two weeks, I have selected Embattled Fen as the SOTM option (will also allow me to use some of the Castle components too.)

I am open to any suggestions however, but I will need to have them in time to tinker with and make decisions as well as post them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events