Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old August 25th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

If anything, I love that fact that he is a protecter. You would get more out of your squad of protectors. I certainly haven't taken apart my squad, not for just one hero.
Old August 25th, 2013, 07:30 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

I meant that I was worried about it from a review standpoint. The reason Tyrian passed with low availability is because he was cannon. Still doesn't sound like how I want it to read but sometimes it's just difficult to put a thought in the correct wording. :P
Old August 25th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I like the design well enough. EI + Kiova + Raelin is already a costly army combination in which Kwazar has little room, but seems like he could be helpful.

However, I'm never going to like a Protector repaint as an Einar kyrie. One of the things I really loved about Heroscape proper was how each of the generals had a very distinct look for their kyrie -- all different variations on the "winged human" concept. While Einar kyrie and Ullar kyrie have some similarities in design, Kwazar looks like a Protector and will always look like a Protector. Tyrian was a very special case in that in the canon he originally was a protector that decided to work for Jandar.

to review Commander Kwazar
Old August 25th, 2013, 08:19 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So the first thing that I thought after reading Commander Kwazar's powers was he's a band-aid. Which I am sure that he is intended to be. However, the Imperium are never going to fit competitively into the 500 point tournament game. Trying to is jamming a square peg into a round hole.

His powers do not really excite me by themselves either. A command power and "I'll take your wounds for you power" are nothing original. They also conflict with each other. Is he a leader that commands from the back or does he lead the fight at the front lines?

I am not thrilled with another Protector repaint. I can't imagine one of those roided up crossbowmen as one of Einar sleek winged assassins. Tyrian was a special case since he pulled straight from the journals.

All those lead me to vote for review to Commander Kwazar by Sir Denrick.
Old August 25th, 2013, 08:35 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I appreciate the nomination and reviews. Maybe Kwazar was never meant to be in canon but he'll be gracing my gaming table for years to come.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old August 25th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I agree with what my fellow judges have said so far.

In addition, I think Kwazar could lead to some frustrating games. EI are already pretty tough to kill while in Kiova's aura but giving Kiova extra enticement to move in the form of a bonding hero makes them even more potentially annoying, and then throw in Heroic Sacrifice and you have a potentially extremely frustrating to play against squad. I doubt it would be overpowered (but it could be, against melee), but I'm more worried about how fun it would be to play against.

Old August 26th, 2013, 12:43 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I also vote to review Commander Kwazar. Maybe with a more appropriate mini and no commander power he'd have a chance at a yes from me. He does look fun though.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 26th, 2013, 10:48 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Commander Kwazar by Sir Denrick has received four NO for review (Scytale, Super Bogue, vegietarian18, and capsocrates) and is removed from the process.
Old August 30th, 2013, 09:57 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Would the judges consider a power that allow to put a specific treasure glyph directly onto a card (among the treasure glyph already existing, not a new one) ?

The main issue, I believe, is that some player could not own the glyph, forcing them to proxy it to play a card with such power.
I feel it is not a strong issue as :
- a glyph is super easy to proxy, you could even you a piece of money. What you use has no effect one the game (as opposed to proxying figures)
- the C3V already released custom glyph that obviously need to be proxied as no official version of them exists.

To be more specific, on the french forum we are currently designing another unit to submit to SoV. We have a figure with one trait, quite similar to the effect of a temporary treasure glyph (albeit permanent), and we want to allow an opponent hero that killed that figure to loot an item on the corpse of the figure, item that would grant it this power, albeit only once. So the power is basically :

if an opponent unique hero destroy X, this opponent may put Y treasure glyph on this hero card.
(where Y would be a temporary treasure glyph)

We would like to know if this sort of power would be welcomed or frown upon.

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers.
Old August 30th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

As part of the C3G, I know how that system works fairly well and I think that would be pretty cool.
Old August 30th, 2013, 10:26 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
Would the judges consider a power that allow to put a specific treasure glyph directly onto a card (among the treasure glyph already existing, not a new one) ?

The main issue, I believe, is that some player could not own the glyph, forcing them to proxy it to play a card with such power.
I feel it is not a strong issue as :
- a glyph is super easy to proxy, you could even you a piece of money. What you use has no effect one the game (as opposed to proxying figures)
- the C3V already released custom glyph that obviously need to be proxied as no official version of them exists.

To be more specific, on the french forum we are currently designing another unit to submit to SoV. We have a figure with one trait, quite similar to the effect of a temporary treasure glyph (albeit permanent), and we want to allow an opponent hero that killed that figure to loot an item on the corpse of the figure, item that would grant it this power, albeit only once. So the power is basically :

if an opponent unique hero destroy X, this opponent may put Y treasure glyph on this hero card.
(where Y would be a temporary treasure glyph)

We would like to know if this sort of power would be welcomed or frown upon.

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers.
That is an interesting question that might incite much heated debate within the Sanctum.

Personally, I have not made up my mind, which means that at the moment I am open to the possibility. However, that does not mean I would necessarily be okay with it by the time an induction vote came along.

It does seem to be a pretty elegant solution for some thematic powers, however.

Are you guys still planning to submit that Minotaur?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 30th, 2013, 10:43 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Are you guys still planning to submit that Minotaur?
Right on ! We finally reached a consensus and we will soon begin intensive playtests.
We will probably post him in the pre-SoV workshop too, to have your opinions.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs