Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old March 25th, 2011, 05:29 PM

shaugville is surprisingly tart
Re: Tri-State Scapers (NJ,MD,PA) 2011 Tournament Rankings

Thanks!

12 tournaments: 27-26 record (3-1 4-1 2-2 2-3 3-2 2-2 2-3 3-2 2-3 2-2 2-2 0-3)
Old May 19th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Hey Spidy, have you given any thought to how you'll be handling the win percentage for the multiplayer tournament?

I know the overall ranking system can accommodate it, because it's based on your ranking at the end of the event, but you did choose to include the win percentage & I'm curious to see how you incorporate Clan's multiplayer event.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 28th, 2011, 09:45 AM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

reported

EDIT: bot is dead

Last edited by BassistofDoom; May 28th, 2011 at 11:48 PM.
Old May 28th, 2011, 09:15 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Hey Spidy, have you given any thought to how you'll be handling the win percentage for the multiplayer tournament?

I know the overall ranking system can accommodate it, because it's based on your ranking at the end of the event, but you did choose to include the win percentage & I'm curious to see how you incorporate Clan's multiplayer event.
To be honest I am not sure that I will even be doing this anymore. I would like to, but I feel that the level of interest just isn't there. I was hoping for more input from our area as well as more general interest, but there has been very little. Which is why I have not updated it in quite a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassistofDoom View Post
reported
?

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old May 28th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Sure thing, Spidy.

To think, I *almost* made it on to the list. I know people were interested, but you're a busy guy & no worries about not updating it anymore.

Congrats again on the graduation. The "reported" was for spam in the thread.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 28th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
To be honest I am not sure that I will even be doing this anymore. I would like to, but I feel that the level of interest just isn't there. I was hoping for more input from our area as well as more general interest, but there has been very little. Which is why I have not updated it in quite a while.
I was unNERVed by similar considerations. The effort to value-to-the-community ratio just isn't there it seems and, on reflection, that makes me feel happier about the community. The fun competitiveness of the events does not need the added competitiveness of a ranking system to be what we want it to be.

Old May 28th, 2011, 11:48 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassistofDoom View Post
reported
?
There was a bot but an admin took care of it.
Old May 29th, 2011, 01:17 AM

Yeah, I am mildly interested in the ratings. But I could also do without them too. No sense making it ultra-competitive.

Old May 29th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So I've been in 4 events... The August 7th one clan hosted (4-1, 3rd place) the Christmas Chaos 2 one (3-2, 8th place) the "Not in Kansas anymore" tournament (4-1, 4th place) and the "My time to shine" (5-0, 1st place)

I know I'm 16-4, winning 80% of the time. But how do I calculate the ranking points?

Robber/16-4/?/4 events.

Edit- Sorry, just noticed the "2011" constraint.

Robber/9-1/.900/?/2 events

Last edited by Robber; May 29th, 2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old May 29th, 2011, 08:39 AM

You get 0 for the win, and 8/30 for the eighth place finish since there were 30 in the event. Then you average the 0 and the 8/30, to get 4/30 which is approx .133.

So it is an estimate of about where you are in the rankings of each tournament on a scale of 0 to 1. Except you get a slight bonus for _winning_ in that you get a 0/n instead of a 1/n in your rankings.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports