Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old November 29th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
rym's BoAT Battle Royale Battle Report-part 3 now up

Author’s note: I will refrain from actually revealing dice rolls and initiative as much as possible, weaving those things into the stories themselves. These accounts are battles my friends and I have played out to determine who the last remaining unit would be in a gigantic battle royale with all the units. Matchups were determined randomly. These will most likely be posted in groups of five or so, and hopefully daily, until the final winner is determined. Lastly, this was done for our entertainment, and that alone. Enjoy it as you will, because we certainly did as we played it out.

Intro:
Spoiler Alert!

Round One, Part Two:
Spoiler Alert!

Round One, Part One:
Spoiler Alert!

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; December 4th, 2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old November 29th, 2010, 11:36 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: rym's Battle of All Time Battle Royale Battle Report

Awesome! Can I help? What sort of map are you using to do this?

Are you just going to randomly draw pairs or cards until you've picked every single one?

Old November 29th, 2010, 11:57 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Of course, the Stinger knows, as do all the warriors in attendance that one singly shot can oftentimes fail the gigantic robots. The Deathwalker defends, and all its calculations cannot block the hit.

It has fallen!

But wait. The Deathwalker’s programming registers the fact it is standing atop a hill and has a height advantage over the Stinger. The Deathwalker takes that into consideration and adjusts his defenses accordingly. Shot blocked!
Freaking hilarious!

Great stuff, looking forward to more.

Doopa is Polish for awesome.
Old November 30th, 2010, 07:37 AM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

That was cool, it was too bad for poor Saylind however. I can't wait for more!
Old November 30th, 2010, 07:14 PM

mysterium is surprisingly tart

I love the way you make it epic and not "and then he rolled two skulls."

Oh, and
Old December 1st, 2010, 12:33 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Awesome! Can I help? What sort of map are you using to do this?

Are you just going to randomly draw pairs or cards until you've picked every single one?
A wondrous gem I discovered in doing this was that I was able to teach my son how to (finally) play the master side of the cards. Originally this started out as a project betweeb my friend James and I. When my sone showed interest in this, how could I say no? When you're working with one card vesrus one card, it is much easier to grasp the mechanics of how each unit works.

I appreciate the offer to help, but surely you understand if I continue to do this battle with little man.

The map is a custom map that my son entered into VirtualScape and we printed out and built. Too cool, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
Freaking hilarious!

Great stuff, looking forward to more.
Thanks man. I don't have your gift for the vernacular, so I wasn't sure how to word that correctly, short of saying, "Wait, I'm on height! I get one more dice!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumper15 View Post
That was cool, it was too bad for poor Saylind however. I can't wait for more!
Yeah, I kinda felt bad for Saylind when I saw her matchup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterium View Post
I love the way you make it epic and not "and then he rolled two skulls."
Thanks, that was the whole point.

Edit: Added the next portion.

Last edited by rym; December 1st, 2010 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Added the second part.
Old December 4th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Who Bummed Woo

Re: rym's BoAT Battle Royale Battle Report-part 3 added

Next part is up.

Round one, part three:

The Vikings stood grim faced, ready to face whatever lay before them. One of the first groups recruited nearly six long years ago – had it been that long? – there was not much these battle-hardened men hadn’t seen. Expressing a divine oath to the patriot gods of war, the Tarns turn to face their enemy. Though only a single figure stood across the battlefield from them – and female at that! – the Tarns weren’t going to underestimate their foe nor take this fight lightly.

At the sound of the thunderclap, the Tarns quickly rushed the battlefield. The frenzy with which they moved surprised the queen standing across from them. She had reacted a split second before them and had begun scrambling towards the heightened crags, which surely must slow the Viking warriors down. It did not.

The ferocity of their movement brought the Tarns into contact with the queen in a matter of moments. Seizing that momentum, the first Tarn swung his blade true, drawing blood from the lithe queen. Shrieking in rage, the queen turned her gaze upon the Tarn who struck her.
Their eyes met, and instantly, the horrified look of fear etched itself forever into the now-granite features of the fallen Viking.

“What foul manner of evil is this, vile Queen of the damned?!” demanded the second Tarn.

In answer to his question, the queen turned her gaze upon this insolent man, and he too, met his demise within the depths of her eyes.

Stricken by fear, driven by rage, the two remaining Tarns pressed the attack and felled the
queen before one of them were forever turned to stone as well.

Tarn Vikings advance. Sudema out.
………

Arkmer eyes the robots warily, hoping that his staff will be strong enough to pierce the armor of the robots.

At the start, Arkmer climbs to higher ground, hoping to use that to his advantage over the slower moving robots. Hs magical staff fires but falls well short of the lead robot.

The lead robot reaches his arm out, levels his gun and fires.

Arkmer falls to the ground lifeless, dead before the hole from the Sniper’s pulse weapon makes its way completely through his body.

Omnicron Snipers advance, Arkmer out.
………

Sensing a chance to finally shine, the female ninja tensed for the battle to come. For far too long, she had been relegated to the shadows. She adjusted her shurikens and studied the skeletal warriors before her. Claws for hands, she saw no other weapons and smiled once more. ‘This should be easy,’ she thought.

The Marro methodically spread out and make their way across the field of battle towards the lone female ahead of them. Quicker and more lithe, the ninja climbs upon the closest hill and throws her shurikens. They strike true, deep into the chest of the first Marro, but he doesn’t fall.

Instead, he presses onward. She strike again, and this time her strike fells the Marro. With only two left to face, the battle-ready ninja seems overmatched against the slower moving Marro. She strike again after deftly avoiding getting hit by the skeletal warriors. She strikes a blow that would drop any normal person, but instead, she watches horrified as the Marro completely splits in two.

Now, where there had been two Marro, there now stood three again!

Quickly surrounding the ninja, the three Dividers attack and make short work of the courageous female.

Marro Dividers advance. Shiori out.
………

The Hivelord lands with a grace that belies his appearance. The rider atop the winged beast’s shoulder blades surveys the landscape before him. He notes the rocky crags and the shadowed lands, and finally, the opponent’s across the field.

Three in number, the hunters prepare for battle. They beat their clubs against their hairy chests and begin crossing the battlefield.

The Hivelord takes to the air and lands easily among the crags. He waits until the hunters get closer and then takes flight once again. Landing in front of the first Dzu-Teh, the Hivelord attacks. It’s powerful jaws snap the Dzu-Teh in twain. In moments, the remaining Dzu-Teh close the distance and swing their mighty clubs against the towering Hivelord. The Hivelord’s ribs shatter, and his wings are broken.

He won’t be taking flight again in this fight.

Turning his head in fury, the Hivelord snarls and viciously attacks. The white-gray pelt of the Dzu-Teh is suddenly sprayed red in color and he falls to the ground dead. The remaining hunter scrambles to higher ground hoping to get one final attack in before the jaws of death close upon him as well. Sensing his attack, the rider steers the Hivelord clear of danger and avoids any more damage. Striking quickly, the Hivelord ends the fray.

Su-Bak-Na advances. Dzu-Teh out.
………

The cowboy adjusts his duster, making sure his holster’s clear. His mustache bristles as he smiles grimly.

The guards’ servos whirl and beep, internal machinations calculating the myriad of outcomes this battle could surely have. Without a word spoken, the two guards’ movements will mirror and compliment one another in the upcoming battle. At the sound of the thunderclap, the Zettians began the long climb up the hill, making sure to keep the cowboy is sight as much as possible, taking shots where they can.

For his part, the cowboy scrambles up the hill on the other side. He reaches the top first and positions himself with a commanding view of the battlefield. He fires his pistol at the approaching robots, but their armor is simply too thick for the small bullets to pierce. He throws the pistol down and grabs his shotgun…

The battle that ensues is long. Fire. Duck. Cover. Reload. Fire. Do it all again.

The Zettians continue to target the cowboy, but he’s wily and agile, taking minor scrapes, nothing more. But those potshots are taking their toll and the cowboy feels himself slowing down. He needs to make a move now, if he wishes to live to fight another day. He reloads the shotgun, squares his shoulders, steps directly toward the closest Zettian and fires.

Ka-boom!

The fragmented spray of pellets from the shotgun find their mark and hit true. The Zettian’s body begins smoking and smoldering before falling over dead.

After another long gunfight that goes back and forth the cowboy finds himself striking true once more to gain the victory and advance in this crazy battle royale.

Johnny “Shotgun” Sullivan advances. Zettian Guards out.

Last edited by rym; December 5th, 2010 at 02:03 AM.
Old December 5th, 2010, 01:37 AM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: rym's BoAT Battle Royale Battle Report-part 3 now up

Eff yeah! Johnny Shotgun ftw!

Doopa is Polish for awesome.

Last edited by DrLivingston; December 5th, 2010 at 01:39 AM. Reason: These are awesome. I pick AE to go all the way.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction