Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old February 8th, 2015, 01:14 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
The Book of Blackfire

The Book of Blackfire

C3G DC WAVE 26
WOMEN OF WONDER

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Icons set.
Its model number and name are #019-021 / Blackfire.
Its model number and name are #205 / Princess Komand'r.

Character Bio - As the first child of Queen Luand'r & King Myand'r of Tamaran, Princess Komand'r was supposed to inherit the throne. However she suffered a childhood illness that left her unable to absorb ultraviolet radiation to fly as most Tamaraneans and was deemed unfit to inherit the throne. Komand'r's younger sister, Princess Koriand'r (later known as Starfire) was named heir to the throne which triggered a lifelong rivalry between the sisters.

When they were about nine years of age, the sisters were sent to the Warlords of Okaara to be trained in the martial arts. Besting her sister in battle, Koriand'r cemented the hatred of Komand'r - prompting her to attempt murder against her sibling. Expelled by the Warlords of Okaara, Komand'r allied herself with the Citadel, aiding them in breaking through Tamaran's defenses. As part of the treaty that followed, Koriand'r was surrendered to the Citadel and enslaved by Komand'r. In captivity, Koriand'r was tortured and humiliated for six years before she, and her sister, were captured by Psions, a race known for their cold-blooded dedication to scientific experimentation.

The Psions conducted experiments to determine the Tamaraneans' maximum abilities to absorb solar energy. During the experiment the Citadel retaliated against the Psions. The Psions fled and the sisters were left to die. The experiment backfired giving Koriand'r the ability to project solar energy through her hands as Starbolts. She used this ability to free her sister and was rewarded with betrayal and imprisonment.

Komand'r also developed an ability to focus solar power into dark Starbolts, becoming the warrior known as Blackfire.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • Blackfire may attack 2 additional times if there is an opponent's Tamaranean figure within 4 clear sight spaces.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: Johnny139 (230 points)
  • Second playtest: Zettian Juggernaut (260 points)
    ** Change to Tamaranean Anguish to change the trigger to either wounds or the presence of another Tamaranean (previously the wound activation was 2 & if a Tamaranean was present she would get an extra additional attack)
  • Third playtest: Trollbrute (230 points)
  • Fourth playtest: Tornado (210-220 points)
  • Fifth playtest: fret_gurglo (230 points)
  • Sixth playtest: Xael Raymand (unpriceable)
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by A3n

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 03:49 PM. Reason: png
Old February 8th, 2015, 01:14 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The book of Blackfire - design phase

NAME = BLACKFIRE
SECRET IDENTITY = Komand'r

SPECIES = TAMARANEAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PRINCESS
PERSONALITY = VENGEFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 220

TAMARANEAN ANGUISH
After Blackfire attacks the first time on a turn with her normal attack, she may attack up to 2 additional times with her normal attack if there are 3 or more Wound Markers on this card or if there is at least 1 opponent's Tamaranean figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Blackfire.

DUAL STARBOLT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 8. Attack 3.
If Blackfire inflicts one or more wounds with this special attack, immediately roll 1 unblockable attack die against each figure that does not have the Super Strength special power adjacent to the defending figure. When Blackfire attacks with this special attack, she may attack one additional time with this special attack.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by IAmBatman; September 26th, 2019 at 06:27 AM.
Old February 8th, 2015, 01:15 AM

Old November 20th, 2015, 07:35 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Also, there's some text missing from the SP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
TAMARANEAN ANGUISH
After Blackfire attacks the first time on a turn with her normal attack, she may attack 2 additional times if there are 3 or more wounds on this card or if there is at least 1 opponent's Tamaranean figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Blackfire.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old November 22nd, 2015, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Also, there's some text missing from the SP:
Quote:
TAMARANEAN ANGUISH
After Blackfire attacks the first time on a turn with her normal attack, she may attack 2 additional times if there are 3 or more wounds on this card or if there is at least 1 opponent's Tamaranean figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Blackfire.
Fixed.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 11:30 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

TAMARANEAN ANGUISH
After Blackfire attacks the first time on a turn with her normal attack, she may attack up to 2 additional times with her normal attack if there are 3 or more wounds on this card or if there is at least 1 opponent's Tamaranean figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Blackfire.

DUAL STARBOLT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 8. Attack 3.
If Blackfire inflicts one or more wounds with this special attack, a figure attacked by this special attack receives at least 1 wound, immediately roll 1 unblockable attack die against each figure that does not have the Super Strength special power adjacent to the defending figure. After attacking When Blackfire attacks with this special attack, you she may attack one additional time with this special attack.

SUPER STRENGTH

Funny how I was just talking about the "one additional attack" earlier this morning.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old February 8th, 2015, 02:49 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Looks good to me. Tamaranean Hatred is fun, helps nail the theme without making her too niche.

I find it a BIT odd that Dual Starbolt can hit four figures... just name-wise. Starbolt Barrage or something would clear that up, but it's might just be me, so take the suggestion with a grain of salt.

And I assume you're using the older, 25 cent figure and not the new $30+ one?
Old February 8th, 2015, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Looks good to me. Tamaranean Hatred is fun, helps nail the theme without making her too niche.

I find it a BIT odd that Dual Starbolt can hit four figures... just name-wise. Starbolt Barrage or something would clear that up, but it's might just be me, so take the suggestion with a grain of salt.
The dual is for the 2 attacks. the fact that 1 attack can hit 2 figures is just the explosive effect of a starbolt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
And I assume you're using the older, 25 cent figure and not the new $30+ one?
Yes, absolutely. In fact I will put those details in now.
Old February 8th, 2015, 11:58 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I'm a little confused by the theme of Tamaranean Hatred. I get why she goes berserk if she's wounded, but it seems weird that she could choose an enemy Tamaranean to get the additional attacks, but then just attack a different figure.

Otherwise, she looks cool.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old February 8th, 2015, 12:01 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Looks solid to me. Starfire can be insane at times with her mutliple attacks, but without the Titan synergy and Reckless Engagement, Blackfire should be more balanced.

I do think it would be cool if Tamaranean Hatred was better against Tamaraneans. Something like this:

Quote:
TAMARANEAN HATRED
Before attacking with Blackfire, you may choose either Blackfire or an opponent's Tamaranean within 4 clear sight spaces of Blackfire. After Blackfire attacks with her normal attack, she may attack one additional time for each Wound Marker on the chosen figure's Army Card, up to a maximum of two additional attacks in a single turn, or three additional attacks if the chosen figure is a Tamaranean.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old February 9th, 2015, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
I'm a little confused by the theme of Tamaranean Hatred. I get why she goes berserk if she's wounded, but it seems weird that she could choose an enemy Tamaranean to get the additional attacks, but then just attack a different figure.

I did have a power that was more against Tamaraneans but was talked out of that because it was too niche & this is more in-line with her sisters power. I now see this as because there is a Tamaranean on the opponents army that angers her & fuels her hatred.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Looks solid to me. Starfire can be insane at times with her mutliple attacks, but without the Titan synergy and Reckless Engagement, Blackfire should be more balanced.

I do think it would be cool if Tamaranean Hatred was better against Tamaraneans. Something like this:

Quote:
TAMARANEAN HATRED
Before attacking with Blackfire, you may choose either Blackfire or an opponent's Tamaranean within 4 clear sight spaces of Blackfire. After Blackfire attacks with her normal attack, she may attack one additional time for each Wound Marker on the chosen figure's Army Card, up to a maximum of two additional attacks in a single turn, or three additional attacks if the chosen figure is a Tamaranean.
I am not opposed to that, except that Blackfire should be more ruthless than Starfire, so the dropping down to 2 attacks for anybody is kind of a bit watery compared to Starfire. I suppose I am hoping that Blackfire will come out about the same cost as Starfire even though Starfire has the ability to Fly.
Old February 9th, 2015, 05:36 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post

I did have a power that was more against Tamaraneans but was talked out of that because it was too niche & this is more in-line with her sisters power. I now see this as because there is a Tamaranean on the opponents army that angers her & fuels her hatred.
Hmm...

I get the theme, but personally it doesn't come through with the current power. I think what doesn't work for me is the fact that it's based on wounds, which just comes off weird when she chooses an enemy.

What about doing it like this?

Quote:
TAMARANEAN HATRED
Blackfire adds 1 to her Attack number when attacking a Tamaranean figure. After attacking with Blackfire's normal attack, you may attack with Blackfire's normal attack one additional time for each Wound Marker on this card, up to a maximum of two additional attacks in a single turn.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library