Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old December 13th, 2012, 04:14 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Gary's Heroscape Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Also, I've recently started playing with (for fun not for work) a new web development tool called Saxon-CE. I plan to work it into my HS site to make it more interactive. I might even use Saxon-CE to revive the tool I once created for building an army (which died when the FireFox XForms add-on died.) However, I still have no plans for maintaining a database where users can control their own content.
Have you considered storing the data in Google Docs?
Old December 13th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
Quote:
Also, I've recently started playing with (for fun not for work) a new web development tool called Saxon-CE. I plan to work it into my HS site to make it more interactive. I might even use Saxon-CE to revive the tool I once created for building an army (which died when the FireFox XForms add-on died.) However, I still have no plans for maintaining a database where users can control their own content.
Have you considered storing the data in Google Docs?
Interesting idea. I've seen members here using Google Docs for sharing data. I could use XSLT to convert my HS XML data into any kind of format. I have no experience with Google Docs, but it wouldn't hurt to learn it.
Old March 28th, 2013, 01:56 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
Using Version 22.0.1229.94 m of Chrome, after once viewing a map, any second map viewed will be displayed in greyscale. Refreshing the page will cause it to display correctly.
Just got around to observing this Chrome issue (I'm usually using FireFox). Looks like the CSS related to the SVG markup of the battlefields breaks for some reason. I'll see what I can do...
This Chrome issue should be fixed. (You might need to clear browser cache if you've visited battlefield pages recently.) Sorry it took me 5 months. I guess if I was a Chrome fan, I would have fixed it much sooner.

The problem is still a Chrome (Webkit) issue. What I did to fix it should not have been necessary.
Old September 9th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

On your Special Powers table for Sharwin Wildborn, the 4th instance of "Arcane" is missing its 'e'

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old September 12th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Spin Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
On your Special Powers table for Sharwin Wildborn, the 4th instance of "Arcane" is missing its 'e'
All fixed. Thanks for pointing it out, SirGalahad.
Old August 10th, 2016, 08:03 PM
Spin Master

Re: Gary's Heroscape Site & Stuff

THIS is very much a work in progress, but while entering AOTP data, I started playing with a new table format for Army Cards. At some point soon, I plan to work it into the site.

Two cool things about it: it looks nice on a mobile device; and everything (html, css, images, font, etc) is embedded in the web page, so you can save just the page (html only) and use it offline.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; February 13th, 2022 at 06:08 PM.
Old August 10th, 2016, 08:16 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
THIS is very much a work in progress, but while entering AOTP data, I started playing with a new table format for Army Cards. At some point soon, I plan to work it into the site.

Two cool things about it: it looks nice on a mobile device; and everything (html, css, images, font, etc) is embedded in the web page, so you can save just the page (html only) and use it offline.
Awesome! I've been thinking about trying to build an AoTP squad/deck builder as a code exercise for myself and having the data already transcribed like this would be a huge time saver. Saved. Great resource all around
Old August 10th, 2016, 10:49 PM
Spin Master

Let me know if you (or anyone) notices any mistakes in the AotP stuff since I just recently entered the info and haven't completely proof read it yet. Next up ... spell cards.

For the more technically minded there is a BUILD folder with some xml data and xslt code; which is all a work-in-progress and will be going through a lot of changes over the next couple of months.

BTW, the main site also has a BUILD folder.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; February 13th, 2022 at 06:00 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2016, 08:28 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

This is awesome stuff, Gary.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 19th, 2022, 10:59 PM
Spin Master

I added an Order Marker filter to the Special Powers listing.

You can rep @Hogg for putting the idea in my head.
Old August 19th, 2022, 11:01 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Thanks.
Old October 1st, 2022, 10:21 AM
Spin Master

I added links to a few Youtuber Channels on the Links page

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion