Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 20th, 2018, 03:27 PM

WatchmanWatcher is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Post WatchmanWatcher's Customs

Hi all,

Here's the page I've set up to show you my ideas for custom HS minis. Hope you enjoy!
Note: Most models don't have cards just yet because I'm currently pretty busy and I want to make sure my cards are balanced first.

Note 2: I don't have the keywords down, but assume that space marines all have the keyword 'astartes'

Tactical Space Marine
Common Hero
Life 2
Range 6
Attack 3
Defence 3
Move 6
Medium 5

LARRAMAN CELLS 16
After taking a turn with this figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, you may remove a wound marker from this card.

Astartes Bonding 2
When this squad activates, you may activate up to 2 other squads with the keyword Astartes

Mass-reactive rounds
When the Tactical Space marine attacks, ignore the first shield the defender rolls

Assault Space Marine
Common Hero
Life 2
Range 3
Attack 3
Defence 3
Move 6
Medium 5

LARRAMAN CELLS 16
After taking a turn with this figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, you may remove a wound marker from this card.

Astartes Bonding 2
When this squad activates, you may activate up to 2 other squads with the keyword Astartes

Jump Assault
During setup or instead of moving, the Assault Space Marine may be removed from their previous space and re-deployed to another place within 12 spaces. If they attack an adjacent figure this turn, they add 1 automatic skull to their roll

Space Marine Sargeant
Uncommon Hero
Life 2
Range 6
Attack 3
Defence 3
Move 6
Medium 5

LARRAMAN CELLS 16

Astartes Bonding 2

Commanding presence 3
Friendly Astartes figures within 3 squares may re-roll blanks when attacking or defending

Space Marine Terminator
Uncommon Hero
Life 2
Range 6
Attack 4
Defence 5
Move 4
Large 6

LARRAMAN CELLS 16

Astartes Bonding 2

Teleporter assault
This unit may deploy at least 8 squares away from enemies or objectives instead of being set up normally at the start of the game. Their controller may set up this unit at any time instead by taking a turn with the unit. Note that then this unit may not move on the turn it is brought into play if this rule is followed

Imperial Guardsman
Common Squad
Life 1
Range 5
Attack 1
Defence 2
Move 6
Medium 4

Concentrated fire
If several Imperial guardsmen attack the same enemy, you may roll all of their dice as one attack

Guardsman bonding 6
When you activate this card, you can use up to 6 Guardsman models

Last edited by WatchmanWatcher; September 24th, 2018 at 04:13 PM.
Old September 20th, 2018, 03:31 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: WatchmanWatcher's Customs

Welcome to the site!

Do you have minis in mind for these customs?
Old September 20th, 2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Welcome to the site!

Do you have minis in mind for these customs?
Thanks! I used to be semi-regular, until I lost my account a few years back, but still thanks!

And yeah, These are Warhammer units, so I'll use their normal 40k counterparts for them.
Old September 20th, 2018, 10:05 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Well welcome back to the site! Where would the keyword "astartes" be on the card? Where the general usually is?
Old September 23rd, 2018, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Well welcome back to the site! Where would the keyword "astartes" be on the card? Where the general usually is?
Honestly I can't remember which keyword is called what, but I think you're right
Old September 23rd, 2018, 10:48 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Keywords aren’t really a thing in Heroscape, per se, but you could make their class (listed on the left side) or “general” (listed on the top left under their name) “Astartes” depending on what is more appropriate for their lore.
Old September 23rd, 2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Keywords aren’t really a thing in Heroscape, per se, but you could make their class (listed on the left side) or “general” (listed on the top left under their name) “Astartes” depending on what is more appropriate for their lore.
I think I'll go for class, seeing as it's easy to think of them as captain america circa 1941 only with explosive guns and Fallout power armour, and like cap they're deployed to bolster normal troops
Old September 23rd, 2018, 07:39 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I think you want to substitute the word "unit" for the word "squad" in the bonding power. Some of the units in question are heroes, after all, and not squads.

Thanks for sharing!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 23rd, 2018, 08:05 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I think one update that would make everything a lot easier would be to roll a single D20 for all Larraman Cells powers. That way, if you're playing with 10 Space Marines, you don't have to roll 10 times every turn. Something like this;
Quote:
LARRAMAN CELLS 16
At the end of each turn, roll a 20-sided die for every figure you control with the Larraman Cells 16 Special Power. If you roll 16 or higher, you may remove a wound marker from the card of every figure you control with the Larraman Cells 16 Special Power.
Unless you want it to be that the Marine only heals after it takes a turn. That might look like this;
Quote:
LARRAMAN CELLS 16
Fyi, I am absolutely not a wording expert.
Old September 24th, 2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I think you want to substitute the word "unit" for the word "squad" in the bonding power. Some of the units in question are heroes, after all, and not squads.

Thanks for sharing!
No problem! Thanks for pointing that out too... the marines were originally going to be squads, until I realised it would be too hard to track a whole squad of 2-life models!
Old September 24th, 2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I think one update that would make everything a lot easier would be to roll a single D20 for all Larraman Cells powers. That way, if you're playing with 10 Space Marines, you don't have to roll 10 times every turn. Something like this;
Quote:
LARRAMAN CELLS 16
At the end of each turn, roll a 20-sided die for every figure you control with the Larraman Cells 16 Special Power. If you roll 16 or higher, you may remove a wound marker from the card of every figure you control with the Larraman Cells 16 Special Power.
Unless you want it to be that the Marine only heals after it takes a turn. That might look like this;
Quote:
LARRAMAN CELLS 16
Fyi, I am absolutely not a wording expert.
Thanks! I’ll magpie that second wording if you don’t mind! I would use the first phrasing, but I’m writing the rules for a healer character that could confuse things, and it would not be fun to damage several marines only for them to all recover at once! Still, thanks again!

Last edited by WatchmanWatcher; September 28th, 2018 at 06:52 AM.
Old November 11th, 2018, 10:40 AM

PaladinCodex is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Are you still working on this project?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards