Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old September 17th, 2018, 08:09 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Good luck superfrog! I bought the mini when I bought a horde of Nhah Scir dudes. I can’t wait to use him!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 17th, 2018, 08:24 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This guy is great! Glad you dropped the additional auto shield thing. This design is much better off without it.
Old September 19th, 2018, 07:11 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

to review Agrah Fenh.

Also a shout out to @Astroking112 . he's been linking the SoV reviews to the books. Old reviews can be a great resource to players as they often give insights into a units best role (shark, cheerleader), timing (opening unit, end game) and synergy.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old September 19th, 2018, 07:27 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

to review Agrah Fenh.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old September 19th, 2018, 10:48 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Agrah Fenh has received 4 Yea votes to review (Scytale, BiggaBullfrog, wriggz, and Tai-Pan) and moves forward in the process.
Old September 22nd, 2018, 02:16 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I am nominating my Rendar Fy design to the SoV for consideration.

--

Balance- Rendar Fy offers a nice punch and flexibility for his price, but the restrictions in his utility keep him from being as good as the Syvarris's and Kaemon Awa's of the world.
Playability- Rendar Fy gives Mariedian armies some more flexiblity in both army building and gameplay but can also slot in to other armies that want a punchy ranged hero.
Creativity- Rendar Fy reuses an existing power not previously seen on a hero and adds a new either/or power; one of my favorite kinds.
Theme- His color theme and utility make him a good thematic fit with the Mariedians, a faction built around flexibility.
Accessibility- The figure used is Human Soldier of Fortune from the Star Wars - Clone Wars line. I found 67 between abprices.com, miniaturemarket, and coolstuffinc so I stopped looking. There are bound to be plenty more on eBay and handfuls on other sites. His availability has remained steadily good over the years since I first picked the figure.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; September 24th, 2018 at 01:24 AM. Reason: props to DanieLoche for the great card!
Old September 22nd, 2018, 04:02 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Hm. The potential for two 5-ranged attacks of 4, or one 8-range attack of 4 seems a bit much for 85 points. Especially with movement synergies from M-43s to soften the "may not move this turn" restriction. Could you speak to how easily either of those come into play?

Last edited by superfrog; September 22nd, 2018 at 04:17 PM. Reason: I really do mean "a bit".
Old September 22nd, 2018, 06:04 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

That was my thought as well when I first designed him. The hit to his threat range turns out to be a bigger deal than it looks like at first. Those two ranged attacks of 4 are at a threat range of 5, which is pretty limiting. You can use the M-43s to move him, but those are turns you're not attacking with him. If you're playing defensively your opponent can maneuver outside that threat range in the meantime. If you're playing offensively then that's an extra turn that he spends sitting within striking distance BEFORE he's made a strike of his own. Of course, it's hard to deny him an attack altogether since he can still make one attack from range 8 OR give both bonuses up to use his full (normal, base stat) threat range.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 22nd, 2018, 06:36 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

In the hands of an expert turtler, he sure looks potent. Step 1: Put him on height. Step 2: Opponent approaches, or keeps distance. Opponent's choice. Step 3: Profit.

I love the reuse of Sighting and I like the theme and implementation of Battle Rifle, but they are quite (situationally) potent when used together. I'm surprise he is priced at only 85 points.

My , for what it's worth.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 22nd, 2018, 06:41 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

If you outrange him (6 is very common), and you can get multiple attacks, he'll die faster than he can kill you, since he'll only get one attack per turn.

I think it's not implausible that 85 is a good spot.
Old September 22nd, 2018, 06:58 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I've actually used render in a few home games after creating a personal use card. I've never found him to be broken or overpowered.

Happy to review.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old September 22nd, 2018, 07:15 PM
This is merely a joke.

I think the threat range thing has me sold. He can only use his full threat range for a single attack of 2 (or 4 if he's lucky), and it's not a big threat range at only 10 spaces.

to review Rendar Fy

For curiosity purposes only, is the name a reference to something?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs