Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old April 29th, 2014, 02:11 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Does Music Affect Who You Are?

The effect of country music on suicide.

http://comp.uark.edu/~ches/CountryMusic_Suicide.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sezhO0yMUDY

I mean come now I don't even have kids and I want to kill myself now lol.

There was a Hungarian song called Gloomy Sunday from 1935 that inspired people to kill themselves. Some books and other works of art cause people to commit suicide in similar locations or in similar ways to the story. There was an Freakonomics Radio podcast episode about suicide, it was very interesting.

Someone on this forum posted about this song called Antartica by Windy & Carl a while ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKbP...8sVRdU1Z6FUBkT

I've listened to this song and felt blissful, and I've listened to this song while writing a love letter and was rocking back and forth crying in an Olive Garden worrying about my best friend who is/was addicted to heroin relapsing and ruining her life and me never seeing her again wondering where she is. It's also a nice song to listen to when you need silence to read. Firing range earmuffs will not completely block out the various sounds in a busy diner, while this song is bare enough and smooth enough such that it isn't distracting like normal music and it provides an effect similar to silence while also enhancing whatever emotion you're currently feeling (be it happiness or sorrow).

Music in general elicits emotions. I can't listen to Beethoven's 6th without crying and my chest and stomach tightening up because one time I told her that's an accurate representation of her beauty. Especially that part about 40 seconds in where it starts to pick up. It's so intense but beautiful at the same time and it matches the feelings I have for her.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Last edited by ParaGoomba Slayer; April 29th, 2014 at 02:17 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General