Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old June 24th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!
50% off board games B&N

Saw a bunch of board games for sale at Barnes and Nobles for 50% off. Age of Conan, Battlestar Galactica. I picked up Puerto Rico for $17.

Don't know if the sales are local, regional or national, but figured I'd post it.

My apologies to nyys in advance for giving him another excuse to haul home more games.

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, R˙chean, lefton4ya, odbo255
Old June 24th, 2010, 08:58 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: 50% off board games B&N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
I picked up Puerto Rico for $17.
So much for this.

-insert signature here-
Old June 24th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!

Oh yeah. That resolution went up in flames a few games back.

Read up on Age of Conan at BGG. Seems so-so even for a half-price game. Normally $80, now $40. I'd do it if it was 75% off.

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, R˙chean, lefton4ya, odbo255
Old June 24th, 2010, 09:57 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I guess we'll see if I can resist. You'll find out next Friday at game night.

-insert signature here-
Old June 24th, 2010, 10:29 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I guess we'll see if I can resist. You'll find out next Friday at game night.
In case you cant resist...don't forget your good friend Onacara
Old June 25th, 2010, 04:12 PM

That was sooooo hard to wallk out with as little as I did. I grabbed Killer Bunnies Remix for $13.

I REALLY wanted to get Galactica ($25), Age of Conan ($40), and Puerto Rico ($17), but then I thought about all the other games I have that are too advanced for my son and would just go into the pile of dust collectors.

I have two different groups of gamers that have Galactica already, no idea if I'd like Puerto Rico (I heard good things, but nothing gets blown up so how good can it really be? ), and I need to read-up on Age of Conan.

If it goes to 75% off though, all bets are off!

-insert signature here-
Old June 25th, 2010, 09:15 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

You did get me Puerto Rico right?
Old June 25th, 2010, 09:32 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
You did get me Puerto Rico right?

It's the least he could do for sleeping with you.

I was tempted to pick this game up myself, but am afraid it would never get played. My kids are still too small and I did just get Tales of the Arabian Nights recently and haven't even played it yet.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old June 29th, 2010, 05:50 PM

wbdhoc knows what's in an order marker wbdhoc knows what's in an order marker

Heads up as books a million (smaller big box book store chain) is also slashing board games. I picked up a WOW:tBG for forty dollars american. And I will contend it was well worth the price of admission.

BANJO WILL GET YOU THROUGH THE TIMES WITH NO MONEY. MONEY CAN'T GET YOU THROUGH THE TIMES WITH NO BANJO.
Old June 29th, 2010, 06:02 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbdhoc View Post
Heads up as books a million (smaller big box book store chain) is also slashing board games. I picked up a WOW:tBG for forty dollars american. And I will contend it was well worth the price of admission.

for the fiqures alone it's worth that,
gameplay well, be prepared to have an all day game session if ye play by the rules.

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old June 30th, 2010, 09:34 AM

wbdhoc knows what's in an order marker wbdhoc knows what's in an order marker

For my part that was half the draw. After being hit by that sublime smell of box plastic (only exceeded by Blood Feud) I was entranced by that forty page instruction book as wide as a vinyl album cover: "for what I am about to read may the dice lords make me truly grateful."

BANJO WILL GET YOU THROUGH THE TIMES WITH NO MONEY. MONEY CAN'T GET YOU THROUGH THE TIMES WITH NO BANJO.
Old July 1st, 2010, 01:35 PM

Happened by my B&N again today, so I took a look to see if the 50% off had been increased. Not yet, but there was more stuff added. Mostly crap, but one title of note (that I grabbed for $15) was Blokus 3D.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games