Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old January 4th, 2015, 02:09 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Yeah Jim, I've heard people say they need to use the mens'ses room before, so maybe it's one of those types of things.
Isn't that the women's room?

Last edited by Agent Minivann; January 4th, 2015 at 02:10 AM. Reason: It's spelled menses, by the way.
Old January 4th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
Yeah Jim, I've heard people say they need to use the mens'ses room before, so maybe it's one of those types of things.
Isn't that the women's room?

I had to look it up AM, but you are on to something. When a dude at Barnes and Nobles asks where the mens'ses room is, the female cashier must certainly raise an eyebrow.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 4th, 2015, 09:38 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Old January 4th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Do they use the mens'ses room at Barnes & Nobles?
Do you mean perhaps Barnes and Noble?
No, I meant Barnes & Nobles. If we are pluralizing things that shouldn't be, I figured I'd step it up a notches.
OK, thanks for clarifying that.
Old January 4th, 2015, 04:06 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Just finished 5th of 5 mission campaign for Warfighter in the Jungle vs. the drug cartel. Final mission was an escape mission and my team had to make their way from the objective card to the mission card, 10 locations of fighting their way through.

Made it out with a wounded medic. Used up all 3 40mm grenades from the M203 grenade launcher, as well as the other 5 grenades amongst the squad. Over half of the 5.56 ammo was expended as well.

Great game. Kind of like a modern warfare special forces dungeon crawl where you equip your team and work your way through many locations and deal with various hostiles and events.

All set up and ready to go. Didn't take a picture at the end though.

Old January 4th, 2015, 06:26 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Looks interesting @Hahma . I would love to come over & game with you some time, you always have some cool games on hand.
Old January 4th, 2015, 07:04 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Looks interesting @Hahma . I would love to come over & game with you some time, you always have some cool games on hand.
Well actually @A3n , the game is on the table

This is a great game buddy. Too bad you are so far away. Or that I'm so far away

Just got another game of Splendor in with my girls. So glad they like it.

Old January 4th, 2015, 08:58 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

2x Imperial Assault

Started a new campaign with a group Im hoping will be more consistent than the other groups I've started. First mission was a very close victory for the Rebels. We flip 2 side missions and the Rebels have a choice between Han or Luke So they chose to do the Homecoming (Luke) mission. This was a ton of fun! Luke has to attempt to get through some Trandoshans and Troopers to open the garage door to his T16-Skyhopper. With out giving too much away lets just say this mission gets really juicy when those doors open. Not an easy battle for the Rebels and in the end they got separated from Luke and had to flee hoping Luke could find his own escape.

This is my first "dungeon crawl" game (not taking into account Shadows of Brimstone since I got it at the same time as this). Ive played a game or 2 of Descent but not a full campaign. I was so thrilled with the amount of options I had in game and between. It wasn't so many to cause AP or anything but definitely enough to make me consider each option. For instance the order in which I activated my guys, utilizing the Open groups, when to spend threat to reinforce or save to get a better figure/group. I remember my first game really disliking the Imperial Officer. The more I play him though the more I like his abilities. Don't under estimate a focused officer! Im really looking forward to what expansions (beyond the announced wave 1) they plan on doing. Bring on the Bounty Hunters!!!!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old January 4th, 2015, 10:09 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

2x Space Hulk today, starting the Sin of Damnation campaign. I lost in the last turn with the Space Marines and then won narrowly with the Genestealers both in the Beachhead.

Squeezed in Ticket to Ride Switzerland before bed. Lob won with 108 points, Cat_Scaper had ~97 points, and I went for too many tickets near the end and couldn't complete them.
Old January 5th, 2015, 02:50 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Finally got my first win at Ghost Stories today at lunch after ~5 tries to defeat Wu-Feng. Sadly, we are only at Initiate level. I can only imagine how difficult it will be on Hell level.
Old January 5th, 2015, 02:57 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Finally got my first win at Ghost Stories today at lunch after ~5 tries to defeat Wu-Feng. Sadly, we are only at Initiate level. I can only imagine how difficult it will be on Hell level.
Ghost Stories is a tough one. it took us about 12 or so plays before we "figured" it out. We still only manage about a 50% win ratio though.

Yggdrasil was like that for us as well but now we beat it almost every time.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old January 5th, 2015, 02:57 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

My dad was in town this weekend, which means a great weekend of gaming.

We played Survive a bunch of times with numbers ranging from 2-4. SisterScaper loves the game, to my surprise. We also played Guildhall a bunch of times, two player, which I think suits it very well. I wonder how much more popular that game might have been, if only the art design was slightly better: cards with clear edges, symbols and colors more distinct from each other, card types with more distinctive backs. It wouldn't have been hard, and should have been caught, but I love this game nevertheless.

Other games mixed in included Pairs, EPYC, a couple others I'm surely forgetting, and Lords of Waterdeep! I won against him & KidScaper handily with both expansions & all agents. It made for a fun, crowded board. For a later 2 player game I removed the Undermountain board but kept its associated cards, and my dad *demolished* me by using Skullport slots to complete a string of 40 point quests. I was shamed. On the other hand, he never did beat me at Guildhall, over four days.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games