Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 18th, 2007, 11:45 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Is making all Utgar armies bad?

If i continually do this will I suddenly become bad when using other figures? Becuase for the last few games I've played it's been all Utgar.
Old September 18th, 2007, 11:48 PM

Renquist has disabled reputation
Sure. You've just condemned yourself to eternal damnation. Nothing can help you now.
Old September 19th, 2007, 12:22 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Well, I suppose you mean, "Will I become a poorer player when not playing Utgar armies?"

Yes.
Old September 19th, 2007, 12:30 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
A battle without samurai is a battle not worth having.
Old September 19th, 2007, 12:33 AM

Renquist has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
A battle without samurai is a battle not worth having.
Tell me you're just twitching to get wave 8 as well. My army simply isn't complete.... YET.
Old September 19th, 2007, 11:48 AM

Ted has disabled reputation
Playing all utgar can do one of two things. It can make you become predictable and thus your enemies will learn your tactics so much faster, or you can learn to be deceitful and every once and a while draft an entirely different army or use you last pick if you draft as per the rules as something that will retuely be devestarting to your opponents army that is not utgar just to throw them off.

This second thought will allow you to use a new unit as well as getting extra out a unit. Take for instance this scenario you are going to play a 500 point game and your opponent is drafting all squads and you start out doing the same but the squads he is drafting are high point squads and you are picking things like zettian guards and marro squads. Thrown a Major Q9 into the mix and watch his jaw drop because he assumes you would keep to your theme of all utgar. Doing this once or twice will have great effect. Second scenario your opponent is drafting all ranged stuff pick up a Drake to throw him off. Not only will the ranged be countered but the new drake has ranged as well.
Old September 19th, 2007, 12:48 PM

Tholarthemag has disabled reputation
I say throw in some sentinels.

Braxas can be killed by peanut butter.
Old September 19th, 2007, 01:06 PM

nbxfan has disabled reputation
much like the 80's, one of every four D&D players will become a devil worshiper...well apparently, 1 of every 4 utgar army users has sold his soul already. But seriously, considering the amount of figures I have, I find myself using the same figures and have to force myself to try different combos. The worst thus far experiencewise was an all Ullar army and my favs are vydar and einar...

We're on the right trail. Flies and the undead go together like bullets and guns.
Old September 19th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!
I find I do this a lot as well. The other day, I made 5 premade 500 point armies, and allowed my friends who are relatively new to the game to pick from them for our 2v2 game. I'd pick after everyone else.

Without intending, all but one of the armies was primarily Utgar.

Gilbert's Valiant forces:
Gilbert
2x 4th Mass
2x Knights of Weston
Finn
Eldgrim

Taelord and the deadly's
2x Minions
Taelord

1x Omnicron Snipers

Swarm of the Marro
Tor-Kul-Na
2x Marro Drudge
2x Marro Stingers
2x Marrden Nagrubs

Melee Orcs
Grimnak
Tornak
2x Heavy Gruts
2x Blade Gruts

Izumi Samurai

Arrow Grut Army w/ Support and Marcu
2x Arrow Gruts
2x Swog Rider
Krug
Mimring

Raelin (RotV)
Marcu Esenwein

I think it's a combination of the fact that Utgar has the most cards so far, and that I happen to like Waves 1 and 2 more than most other waves. 6 has also been the most readily available for me.

I think that you should play what you like. But if you like winning, you should probably look into Vydar. You don't need to get too many of them to have a solid army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old September 19th, 2007, 01:43 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
The greatest deceit Utgar perpetrated upon Valhalla was that it was okay to play with his toys.
Old September 19th, 2007, 01:47 PM

Tholarthemag has disabled reputation
I think HB is trying to create a "against the near overwhelming forces and hordes of Utgar our heros of Jandar must prevail!" kind of situation. I mean what fantasy novel haven't you read where the evil forces are too numerous to count?

I think Frodo was a cop-out. He should have had to assault the door like every other figure on the board had to do.

Braxas can be killed by peanut butter.
Old September 19th, 2007, 03:50 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
For me, Utgar has the coolest figures for the most part.

Apart from the "cool" factor you have useful cards like Krug, zombie swarm, super mega move 5 figures a turn orcs, respawning (SpawnKILL!) marro, etc.

I don't know. I just really like Utgar, with a side of Einar.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion