Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old July 9th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev the Deranged
I just played with the new version of Iron Man yesterday and he's pretty much the lamest character in the box. A double attack of 4? Please. And he's 20 more points after LOSING the Explosion attack that made him not suck, and swapping a point of A for a point of D.
I love double attack on a ranged figure. So simple, so brutal. Lots of guys have conditional, situational rules for when they get their additional attacks and who they can use them on (usually a different figure). If the enemy bunches up, you get more than 1 hit. Or if your first shot works, you can keep going. Or if you're adjacent to more than one, you can hit all. With double attackers, there's pretty much nothing the enemy can do to keep you from getting that second shot-- and then using it on the same figure.

(Valkyrie General's Warning: I have not played with this unit.)
Old July 10th, 2007, 08:53 AM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev the Deranged
I just played with the new version of Iron Man yesterday and he's pretty much the lamest character in the box. A double attack of 4? Please. And he's 20 more points after LOSING the Explosion attack that made him not suck, and swapping a point of A for a point of D.
I love double attack on a ranged figure. So simple, so brutal. Lots of guys have conditional, situational rules for when they get their additional attacks and who they can use them on (usually a different figure). If the enemy bunches up, you get more than 1 hit. Or if your first shot works, you can keep going. Or if you're adjacent to more than one, you can hit all. With double attackers, there's pretty much nothing the enemy can do to keep you from getting that second shot-- and then using it on the same figure.

(Archekyrie's Warning: I have not played with this unit.)
There I fixed it.
Old July 10th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Coiner of Mittens

Nev the Deranged has disabled reputation
Yeah, it was just a first impression. We'll see if he holds up better in the future. It's tough not to be disappointed about a boost of 20 points and the loss of a thematically appropriate ability.

That's my real issue with the Marvel HS, that these characters ALREADY EXIST, and therefore expectations about their abilities run deep in the fandom already, making it more difficult for Hasbro to keep everybody happy while still adhering to the design principles that make the game consistent and nonbroken.

I guess we'll see how they handle the expansions, eh?

Cripes, will you guys just pick a site and stay there?
Old July 10th, 2007, 11:21 PM

JediNate Woo who?
Hearts will be broken when favorite heroes are given stats that make them lack in the area of battle. I'm sure complaints would have been everywhere if the obsidian guards had large fan followings. As upset as it may make some people their favorite hero may not have stats they would make them favorable to be drafted. And personally I am content with the Iron man card and look forward to using him.

Old July 10th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I'm just happy they're a part of my favorite game at all! If they ever come out with something where I'm really unsatisfied with their power level, I'll just make a custom card and happily use the awesome Hasbro sculpted figure.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 10th, 2007, 11:42 PM

JediNate Woo who?
IAmBatman, I love your positive outlook on marvelscape and recommend anyone disappointed with their favorite hero's stats to do as he does and use his quality customs.

Old July 11th, 2007, 12:01 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
well, thanks!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 26th, 2007, 10:36 PM

riledguy has disabled reputation
Just played my first game and I am now in the Iron Man needs work camp. I played against him and he was not able to do much at all.

The sad irony is that cap costs 20 points less has 2 more attack and 1 more life. He also has more powers as well as the samurai defense hit power and Niflheim's power. So on even ground if attacking different characters Cap can actually attack once more then Tony (at one less range.)

Tony's flying just does not justify the extra points to me.

Cap might be way under-costed but Tony really is the weakest of the bunch. Even Red Skull who seemed weak on paper ended up being much more useful then Tony do to his ability to have anyone in sight take a turn on his order marker.

I think Tony should be maybe 20-40 points less. The only way he would really shine is if he had height advantage with captain america standing next to him. Then a double attack of 6 would be pretty formidable but that would be too many turns and too much of a pain to get going.
Old July 26th, 2007, 10:38 PM

I would think two attacks of five with him from height wouldn't be something to laugh at either.
Try this guy against a bunch of figures from Classic Scape - I bet he'll shine a heck of a lot more for you there.

Old July 27th, 2007, 10:59 AM

riledguy has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
I would think two attacks of five with him from height wouldn't be something to laugh at either.
Try this guy against a bunch of figures from Classic Scape - I bet he'll shine a heck of a lot more for you there.
For now I am trying him against the other marvel characters in the set. I will get some more games in and see if he can pull his weight. So far he seems like he can't.
Old July 27th, 2007, 11:38 AM

I really could see Cap and Iron Man's costs being reversed, though. I think what's important with Iron Man is just to keep him out of engagement as long as you can (though there are a lot of figures in the Marvel Masterset with tons of killer range).

Old July 27th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
I've had really good luck with Iron Man. He never fails to deliver some serious damage. I wonder what we're doing differently as far as how we use him?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion