Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 9th, 2015, 03:20 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Pretty Sure I Know

By my reading of the text, it appears that Jackal can yank his experiment off of Ragman or a figure that has been penance stared right?

~Dysole, TOTALLY not planning anything
Old November 9th, 2015, 03:27 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Jackal

As written, I would say yes...not sure if we want to leave it that way or not..do you think it could be a huge competitive thing?
Old November 9th, 2015, 03:35 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
As written, I would say yes...not sure if we want to leave it that way or not..do you think it could be a huge competitive thing?
No. Its impact on the meta is close to zero. Just another fun trick I can pull.

~Dysole, revving up for the next SLH season
Old November 9th, 2015, 04:07 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Jackal(Design Phase)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

For Cloning, you pick a Unique Hero, friend or foe. If, before OMs are placed on any given turn, the chosen Hero is dead, Cloning can occur. The Experiment can be re-Cloned after each time it dies. Correct?
As long as it was originally a Unique Human, Mutate, or Clone, correct.
Really?

Quote:
EXPERIMENTAL CLONING 15
At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique Human, Mutate, or Clone Hero on the battlefield. Before placing Order Markers each round, if the chosen Hero is destroyed, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, the chosen Hero becomes Jackal's Experiment. Remove all Wound Markers from the chosen Hero’s Army Card and place the chosen Hero on any empty space adjacent to Jackal. You now control the chosen Hero, and it has the species of Clone instead of what is listed on its card.
I always read it that you make your choice at the beginning and then when he's destroyed you now have your Clone. He's no longer the same hero you chose at the beginning. So is the intent that you can keep bringing him back every time he is destroyed? If so that's cool and I've been playing him wrong all this time.
@Ronin May need a FAQ here.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 9th, 2015, 04:10 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Pretty Sure I Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
By my reading of the text, it appears that Jackal can yank his experiment off of Ragman or a figure that has been penance stared right?

I also don't see this. You choose at the beginning of the game. Where are you getting you can change your experiment choice?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 9th, 2015, 04:20 PM

Here's What I'm Saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:

I also don't see this. You choose at the beginning of the game. Where are you getting you can change your experiment choice?
I choose say...Spiderman. Now Spiderman is in my army and he is killed within 6 spaces of Ragman so he goes on Ragman's card. (or he was in my opponent's army and in range of Penance Stare and he goes on the figure that killed him) Now I activate Cloning Experiment at the start of the next round and I get it. By my reading of the rules, I get to yank that figure off of Ragman (or the figure who got Penance Stared) and next to Jackal.

~Dysole, having fun
Old November 9th, 2015, 04:22 PM
A Man of Taste

Re: Here's What I'm Saying

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:

I choose say...Spiderman. Now Spiderman is in my army and he is killed within 6 spaces of Ragman so he goes on Ragman's card. (or he was in my opponent's army and in range of Penance Stare and he goes on the figure that killed him) Now I activate Cloning Experiment at the start of the next round and I get it. By my reading of the rules, I get to yank that figure off of Ragman (or the figure who got Penance Stared) and next to Jackal.

~Dysole, having fun
Got it...I understand now. I was not understanding your question the first time. Thanks for clarifying.

Old November 9th, 2015, 05:58 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Yea, you choose a figure at the start of the game but can bring them back multiple times.
Old November 9th, 2015, 06:03 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Yea, you choose a figure at the start of the game but can bring them back multiple times.
Great...maybe that's why he didn't go over as well in my house...we were playing him wrong. May have to dust him off and have another go.

Old November 10th, 2015, 02:59 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Q: Can Jackal use Experimental Cloning to clone his chosen figure more than once?

A: Yes. Thematically speaking, you might think that after being cloned, the chosen figure is not the same figure anymore. But on a gameplay level, it's still the same figure, and Jackal can clone it again after it's destroyed.

Looking for something like this?
Old November 10th, 2015, 03:07 PM

Adjust

Well it's because "chosen figure" is used. I mean for example, if I choose Spider-man and the Werewolf Lord turns him into a hybrid, I STILL get to bring him back. The figure only needs to have that species at the beginning of the game.

~Dysole, literally
Old November 10th, 2015, 05:22 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

FWIW we've already been down this road, with Ragman, Ghost Rider, Orange Constructs, Judge Death, Thanos, Gentleman Ghost, Arnim Zola, and Solomon Grundy. These powers that give significance to a destroyed figure landing on a card and/or returning to the battlefield create unusual interactions.

The Cliff's notes version of how these interact is:
  • If two powers both want to put a destroyed figure somewhere, then the players who control them have a dice-off. The winner gets to decide which power gets to play.
  • If a power puts a "previously destroyed figure" back on the battlefield, then it may pull that figure from wherever it is. Sometimes (e.g. Ragman) this means the figure loses the benefit of having that figure on its card, while in other cases (e.g. Orange Constructs) it doesn't matter.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library