Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 11th, 2022, 11:38 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

I believe we had previously had that confirmed in the news and designer's notes thread. I could be wrong.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 11th, 2022, 12:38 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

DOK was also asked whether there would be a cheaper buy in set along the line, but said he couldn't comment on that.
Old October 11th, 2022, 01:42 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
During the video, DOK confirms that if AOA funds, there will be follow up products including such things as common squad and terrain packs.
That's great to hear. Because of my head, without any sort of proof beyond speculation, I figured in my head that 8,000 would be the absolute minimum to viably back for a one and done deal, but closer to 16K would be needed to really show a large demand for future expansions, since you'd just naturally assume there's sort of a capped pool of new players that especially need the offered master set to invest further into the game offerings.
If this crowdfunder succeeds, even if only with 8000 to 9000 backers, then they should follow it up with smaller sets of the same content to reach a cheaper price per set. Then they will get new sales, and new players, due to the greater ease of entry. With that done, future expansions could be viable
Old October 11th, 2022, 01:46 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
During the video, DOK confirms that if AOA funds, there will be follow up products including such things as common squad and terrain packs.
That's great to hear. Because of my head, without any sort of proof beyond speculation, I figured in my head that 8,000 would be the absolute minimum to viably back for a one and done deal, but closer to 16K would be needed to really show a large demand for future expansions, since you'd just naturally assume there's sort of a capped pool of new players that especially need the offered master set to invest further into the game offerings.
If this crowdfunder succeeds, even if only with 8000 to 9000 backers, then they should follow it up with smaller sets of the same content to reach a cheaper price per set. Then they will get new sales, and new players, due to the greater ease of entry. With that done, future expansions could be viable
https://nypost.com/2022/10/07/shop-t...on-amazon/amp/

Meanwhile, this meme of a turd of a joke of a game gets one article, and when I go to the Amazon selling page it had indeed sold out. Sad man.

I get the name brand recognition, the immediate already availability and the way lower price, but it's just sad that there's no middle ground found between AoA Vanguard and Arena of the Planeswalkers that should be able to really take off with people and bring the heroscape system back into production again.

Upset City Baby.
Old October 11th, 2022, 04:12 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Encarmine just said the following on Discord:
While it is our long term strategy to develop product and content around the Heroscape brand over the long term, IT IS 100% DEPENDENT on a successful Haslab campaign. A funded campaign covers the upfront cost of producing very expensive tooling for the plastic components. Without those tools available, the viability of developing a future retail line is simply not an option. This is an insight we have shared directly with the dedicated Heroscapers community to provide context to why we chose this platform to relaunch the brand. It therefore doesn’t matter how many awesome ideas we have for the continued development of Heroscape, our attention is completely focused on ensuring the Haslab campaign funds adequately.
Old October 11th, 2022, 05:51 PM

DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
While it is our long term strategy to develop product and content around the Heroscape brand over the long term, IT IS 100% DEPENDENT on a successful Haslab campaign. A funded campaign covers the upfront cost of producing very expensive tooling for the plastic components. Without those tools available, the viability of developing a future retail line is simply not an option. This is an insight we have shared directly with the dedicated Heroscapers community to provide context to why we chose this platform to relaunch the brand. It therefore doesn’t matter how many awesome ideas we have for the continued development of Heroscape, our attention is completely focused on ensuring the Haslab campaign funds adequately.
By doing WHAT exactly?! We're 10 days into the campaign and nothing has changed on the Haslab page. Where are the card reveals that might actually make me interested in playing with the new furry faction? Where is Tom Vassel to help promote? Where is the gameplay video for people unfamiliar with the product? Why does the main image on the Haslab page make the game look like a preschool toy with a $250 price tag? Where are the terrain and squad packs to incentivize me to buy more than the base offering? I see the community working way harder to promote this game than the people being paid to do it.

Sorry for venting, it's just really frustrating watching this campaign crawl along like this when the game deserves so much more.

Last edited by DBZMagus; October 11th, 2022 at 07:38 PM.
Old October 11th, 2022, 05:59 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBZMagus View Post
Quote:
By doing WHAT exactly?! We're 10 days into the campaign and nothing has changed on the Haslab page. Where are the card reveals that might actually make me interested in playing with the new furry faction? Where is Tom Vassel to help promote? Where is the gameplay video for people unfamiliar with the product? Why does the main image on the Haslab page make the game look like a preschool toy with a $250 price tag? I see the community working way harder to promote this game than the people being paid to do it.

Sorry for venting, it's just really frustrating watching this campaign crawl along like this when the game deserves so much more.

Yeah I expected more action from AH by this point, so far all I've seen is some reveals on discord.

I also heard about the Tom Vassel part, I'm wondering what he's been up to, is taking time to craft a meaningful video or is he not getting involved at all?
Old October 11th, 2022, 06:36 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBZMagus View Post
Quote:
By doing WHAT exactly?! We're 10 days into the campaign and nothing has changed on the Haslab page. Where are the card reveals that might actually make me interested in playing with the new furry faction? Where is Tom Vassel to help promote? Where is the gameplay video for people unfamiliar with the product? Why does the main image on the Haslab page make the game look like a preschool toy with a $250 price tag? I see the community working way harder to promote this game than the people being paid to do it.

It’s really frustrating. So much potential being wasted right now. And these kinds of mixed messages. This has to succeed or else, but all we have is a half baked launch with no updates, no useful info to attract new interest, and a buy in price tag that does the opposite of attracting new interest. Any level of success is despite the campaign at this point.
Old October 11th, 2022, 06:42 PM

Just checked out the poll on Discord. I agree with option B only if they further optimize the space on the card to allow more text and abilities; however, based on what they have so far it isn't optimized, the picture shouldn't take up so much space, the general logo is too large (people identify general by card color much easier), and we don't need the Heroscape logo at the bottom since we already know what game we're playing. Here's a quick edit that shows how a substantial amount of more free space can be achieved. The character picture is similar to the size it was on the original cards, so it would help to use a zoomed out image of the figure

At the moment, I don't see option B as being more optimized in any meaningful way so I prefer the original cards, but if a change is made to the new version to optimize for more space then I can see the benefit to that and would support it over the original
Old October 11th, 2022, 07:06 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Those symbols are whack. I can't tell which is supposed to be what. Where is his height?

I don't know why they're messing with the cards, besides changing the basic shape to make cutting them cheaper. Its another erosion of the recognizable brand. They won't match the originals. It wasn't broke, but they're fixing it anyway, meanwhile the campaign is sinking and cards won't matter if it doesn't get funded. Brilliant use of energy and resources.

Do you think potential backers that have an established collection would be more or less likely to buy the relaunch if the cards don't look like the original ones?
Old October 11th, 2022, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Those symbols are whack. I can't tell which is supposed to be what. Where is his height?

I don't know why they're messing with the cards, besides changing the basic shape to make cutting them cheaper. Its another erosion of the recognizable brand. They won't match the originals. It wasn't broke, but they're fixing it anyway, meanwhile the campaign is sinking and cards won't matter if it doesn't get funded. Brilliant use of energy and resources.

Do you think potential backers that have an established collection would be more or less likely to buy the relaunch if the cards don't look like the original ones?
Height is at the top next to the general symbol, I accidently cut it out in my edit.
I think the attack and defense symbols should match the dice symbols, but overall I agree with replacing the words with symbols in order to conserve space.
If we don't get any practical advantage to a change, and its only aesthetic, then I agree with keeping things as they were originally; i.e. if it ain't broke don't fix it.
With the new card shape i do see an opportunity for improvement. I never liked the 3 ability limit heroscape stuck with, and how some abilities needed to be simplified in order to be able to describe them on the card. If they do use the new option, then they should commit to providing more space on the card
Old October 11th, 2022, 07:41 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Really dislike the symbols, makes it more difficult for anyone getting into the game what’s happening on the card, but the hex is not that bad of a design. I also don’t like that they moved his size above his name next to the general, it just makes no sense. I think all the cards need some reworking but I like where most of them are at (please no AotP cards…)

EDIT: The tarot card look really good, They feel the most finalized to me. If we weren’t talking about Heroscape I’d feel most inclined to choose them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion