Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old March 7th, 2007, 03:02 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The "I Hate Runa" Thread

So I'm playing some scape and my g/f has Taelord/2xOmincron/2xRats against my Runa/Brunak/Ornak/Heavy Gruts. We're playing on a relatively small map and I deviously manage to get Runa right into her front ranks on the the first order marker. (Thank you Ornak) Runa only lacks range on Taelord.

So here we go: 14 rolls later, I've killed 1 rat. Runa takes 1 wound from Rats who surround her.

Order Marker 2: 14 more rolls and nothing dies. Tae-backed-Snipers kill Runa.

I really can't picture a better scenario for this unit. 28 rolls, 1 dead rat.

I hate Runa.
Old March 7th, 2007, 03:15 PM

hex706f726368 has disabled reputation
That sounds about right to me. You had a 1 in 20 chance of killing each figure and you succeeded 1 of 28 rolls. One more turn with her and you probably would've succeeded again.
Old March 7th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The "I Hate Runa" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne

I hate Runa.
Velenne, you must've seen my Runa thread here in the Battle Reports forum?
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...=2264&start=60

I'm on the opposite spectrum for the Helm roll.
I hit that 20 three times last Saturday. Two consecutive 20s to destroy Charos and Raelin.
Then in the endgame, I took out Brunak for the win with another 20.

My run with Runa accounted for 400 points of my opponent's army out of 500. She also toasted a Krav with her normal attack, so 433 points!

I don't think I'll ever get that lucky again with the Helm.
Old March 7th, 2007, 03:41 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I had just about as much luck with Runa as Velenne. I had her in place and I rolled a total of 28 times in two turns. She killed 2 Gladiatrons, then proceeded to get killed.
Old March 7th, 2007, 08:27 PM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Runa can also attack you know after she sues her helm. Kinda ironic to take a luck based character who's ability fails far more than it works and to hate her because that is what happened
Old March 7th, 2007, 09:53 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The "I Hate Runa" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne

I hate Runa.
Velenne, you must've seen my Runa thread here in the Battle Reports forum?
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...=2264&start=60

I'm on the opposite spectrum for the Helm roll.
I hit that 20 three times last Saturday. Two consecutive 20s to destroy Charos and Raelin.
Then in the endgame, I took out Brunak for the win with another 20.

My run with Runa accounted for 400 points of my opponent's army out of 500. She also toasted a Krav with her normal attack, so 433 points!

I don't think I'll ever get that lucky again with the Helm.
That's some serious hot rolling HEH.
Old March 8th, 2007, 01:41 AM

Kar98 has disabled reputation
*player character dips cursed d20 into holy water...*
Old March 8th, 2007, 11:56 AM

chezious has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar98
*player character dips cursed d20 into holy water...*
Good one. The d20 people live and die by it and in Velenne's case not really. Sorry I had to say it. Haha

Give them nothing! But take from them everything!

Good traders: Draconious, Deathjester, nbxfan, maska, The Malicious Pigpig, Who 'dat
Old March 8th, 2007, 01:24 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation
My only experience with Runa is the following (take note, a fairly word heavy post to follow, but I'm at work avoiding responsibility ) :

Four player 400 point free for all on a midsized map (about 20 x 30 hexes). The map is a river valley of sorts, sloping up to both of the 20 hex edges with water tiles down the middle that fork around a flat island at one of the 30 hex edges (let's call it the south edge). On the opposite edge a two hex wide bridge traverses the river connecting the east and west sections of the board. At the west end of the bridge, stairs and a ladder lead to a single hex outpost tower that has height on the rest of the board.

The four armies roughly (if not exactly) were: p1: 2X Einar Imperium, Empress Kiova, Guilty McCreech, stationed in the SW corner of the board; p2: Nakita Agents, 2x Blastitrons, Gladiatrons, 2x death reavers, stationed in the NW corner of the board and some under the bridge; p3: Runa, 3x Zombies, death reavers, stationed in the NE corner of the board and some under the bridge across the river from p2; and p4 (me): Kee-Mo-Shi, Me-Burq-Sa; 2x Shades, MBS on the island with a couple Shades, some Shades in the east fork, and KMS on the east shore.

First round initiative goes p2, p1, p3, p4. p2 positions for the oncoming EI onslaught. p1 positions to spring said onslaught. p3 decides that now is the time to bring in Runa to thin out p4. In order to do so, a few Zombies of the home team will also be under the influence of the curse, but that is calculated collateral damage, as one can't raise zombies until there are destroyed zombies Sure enough, one of the four affected zombies goes down. None of my eight are cursed. My turn comes up, and Kee-Mo-Shi is the card of choice. She is able to scramble up adjacent to Runa. And you know what happens next. Mind-shackle. Not a 19, however, but an oh so ironic 20 to take control of Runa.

Rest of the round consists of EI taking out the Nakitas, suffering nary an engagement strike hit, and then chewing through the glad blasters as Kiova's gift keeps giving uncannily. Not one EI goes down. On the eastern front the Zombies try to take out Runa and Kee-Mo-Shi while being countered by the Shades. Three approaching Zombies go down hard, not to rise again, as others advance across the bridge. Runa takes a wound, Kee-Mo-Shi none.

Round 2 finds all of p4's order markers on Runa. As the Zombies flee (in their shambling, not too hurriedly fashion ) and the EI wipe out the rest of the Vydar soulborgs, leaving p2 with rats only, Runa makes her way to the west to wreak havoc. Maybe. This is a d20 we're talking about, lol.

First turn positions Runa and no curse is uttered, Second turn has Runa eyeing the as of yet unihabited tower, and cursing a bunch of rats and a stragling couple of blastatrons on the west bank, more rats and a few zombies on the east. Out of about 10 rolls, no 20's. Before Runa can reach the outpost tower though, p1 takes a break from the EI bloodletting (er, 'borg letting, rather at that point) and deftly positions Kiova a top the tower.

Denied, Runa takes her post on the ladder just below Kiova and facing the bridge (which turns out to be a mistake - should've positioned on the ladder on the other side, which would've exposed Runa to only one adjacent EI, not the three that this spot allows, doh! But, able to target about 11 or 12 figures, versus the 4 or 5 that the other vantage would've given). The helm unleashes it's tension filled fraught first, and among many tantalizingly close rolls, a 20 appears and takes out one of the EI. Her mighty blade then unleashes but a tiny skull on the perched Kiova. Even with her 5d defense, though, she musters nary a shield and takes a wound.

p2 retaliates. Runa is beset upon by 3 EI, but with height advantage. She defends valiantly, taking only one wound through 5 attacks of 3d each. Amazingly coordinated rolls of just enough shields to block each swing of the sword, save one when 2 shields repelled all but one of the skulls rolled. Then the final swing dishes out 3 skulls. Then, just when p2's will is about to be atomized, Runa's defense finally fails, whiffing to bring her down.

So, my feelings on Runa: she's great, especially when you don't have to pay for her

Caravaggio's feelings on Runa: she blows ass

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old March 20th, 2007, 02:53 PM

AgentCarr has disabled reputation
My friend got two of my Fully-Experienced Tagawa Samurai with Helm of Mitonsoul aura last time Runa saw action. She can be very devastating when she has a lot of rolls to take a chance on destroying people, especially when you have markers on Minions and use an unexpected turn following Utgar's Orders to get her into play. Hating her because you didn't hit a roll that only has a 5% chance is like getting mad at Ne-gok-sa for not Mindshackling anyone all game. It's a bummer that his power did not work, but when it does and you end up with a Jotun or Q-9 that you didn't have on your team previously it totally pays off. That's why it's called "luck of the dice". You have to weigh the figure's other abilities when selecting a team and have a plan prepared if your first one fails.
Old March 20th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Runa is a high-risk distraction. Draft when your opponent drafts expensive heroes. Your opponent knows that you're not likely to get that helm roll, but can he really risk ignoring Runa and taking that chance that the helm will destroy his Nilfheim or Q9?

A couple of squads of Minions and Runa is a powerful combination. Put your order markers on the Minions but keep using the Utgar's Orders power to move Runa into position. Once she's in range of your enemy start moving in the Minions. Your opponent will be forced to focus attacks on Runa while your Minions advance. Having order markers on the Minions keeps Runa a credible threat since you *might* just chose to take a turn with her instead. If your opponent gives up on Runa and starts attacking your advancing Minions, switch back to Runa for a couple of turns. A few d20 rolls against his big heroes should be enough to keep him sweating!
Old March 25th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
I used Runa for the first time today (with 3 sets of minions, marro warriors and dumetef) against AE, nilfiem, eldgrim, raelin and sentinals. Now granted I had probably the luckiest game of my life as she was the only figure I lost the entire game but she flew over to my opponent's side and proceeded to destroy eldgrim and two sentinals (one with her mitonsoul aura). Then the minions came in and completely dominated. That Utgar's orders are really useful for an ability I used to scoff at.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports