Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 25th, 2020, 05:28 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Prometheus ~ Breathing

Yeah, his first appearance is literally a story about Justice League "Open House" to meet the new members aboard the Moon base. The funny part of the story is that he was defeated because he did not prepare for Catwoman to infiltrate the party and she upset his devious, but delicate plan. One by one, he took out each of the leaguers present. I specifically remember Steel was defeated by sending his hammer to the Ghost Zone.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old February 25th, 2020, 05:59 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Sounds like he needs a special power on his card where he loses the game if an opponent drafts Catwoman into an army where she shares no synergy with anyone else on her team.
Old February 25th, 2020, 06:07 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Sounds like he needs a special power on his card where he loses the game if an opponent drafts Catwoman into an army where she shares no synergy with anyone else on her team.
No, but I think it demonstrates just how much planning this guy does for his foes when he makes an appearance.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old February 25th, 2020, 06:55 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Sounds like he should be picking out who he's 'studied' at game start - that way you can have fun moments when a character considered below his notice or whatever starts screwing him over in unexpected ways right after he's wrecked Superman's $hit.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 25th, 2020, 07:01 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Sounds like he should be picking out who he's 'studied' at game start - that way you can have fun moments when a character considered below his notice or whatever starts screwing him over in unexpected ways right after he's wrecked Superman's $hit.
Nah, it's more interesting and kinetic to have him doing it in battle (Remember, he actually uses physical CD's that download info!). These aren't like Bats' glyphs where they have interesting things while in battle.
Old February 25th, 2020, 07:05 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Alright, here's how I'd do his powers:

PREPARED FOR ANYTHING
Start the game with 8 red Download Markers on this card. Once per round, before an opponent takes a turn with a Common or Unique figure within 8 spaces of Prometheus, you choose a special power on that figure's card. Place a Download Marker from this card onto that figure's card and choose a special power. As long as that Download Marker is on its card, that figure may not use the chosen special power. At the end of the round, remove any Download Markers on that are not on this card from the game.

MELEE DOUBLE ATTACK
When Prometheus attacks an adjacent figure, he may attack one additional time.

ADAPTING TO ANY THREAT
After rolling combat dice, you may remove a Download Marker from this card and change the result of any die rolled to a skull, shield, or blank.

REACTIONARY COMBAT
When attacking or defending against an adjacent enemy figure, if you roll at least two blanks, the enemy figure immediately receives one wound.

-----

Four major changes:

- You no longer place a Download Marker on the text of a power
- You no longer "turn a die," you change the result
- No Wound Markers placed in Reactionary Combat, just wounds received
- Melee Double Attack spun out

The first two are to eliminate weirdness, the second two are just for clarity. For the first two, I'm not saying we CAN'T do them as is, they just do essentially the same thing right now within the framework of the rules, without introducing anything new. But I do acknowledge that sometimes there is a thematic value to doing things unusually (see: Two-Face II's coin), so if you have a specific motivation for doing them the old way, I'd be glad to hear it out.
Old February 25th, 2020, 07:32 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I know the art for the markers will probably be the CDs but an arrow could be cool as it could be used to point to the selected power.
Old February 27th, 2020, 11:46 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Alright, here's how I'd do his powers:

PREPARED FOR ANYTHING
Start the game with 8 red Download Markers on this card. Once per round, before an opponent takes a turn with a Common or Unique figure within 8 spaces of Prometheus, you choose a special power on that figure's card. Place a Download Marker from this card onto that figure's card and choose a special power. As long as that Download Marker is on its card, that figure may not use the chosen special power. At the end of the round, remove any Download Markers on that are not on this card from the game.

MELEE DOUBLE ATTACK
When Prometheus attacks an adjacent figure, he may attack one additional time.

ADAPTING TO ANY THREAT
After rolling combat dice, you may remove a Download Marker from this card and change the result of any die rolled to a skull, shield, or blank.

REACTIONARY COMBAT
When attacking or defending against an adjacent enemy figure, if you roll at least two blanks, the enemy figure immediately receives one wound.

-----

Four major changes:

- You no longer place a Download Marker on the text of a power
- You no longer "turn a die," you change the result
- No Wound Markers placed in Reactionary Combat, just wounds received
- Melee Double Attack spun out

The first two are to eliminate weirdness, the second two are just for clarity. For the first two, I'm not saying we CAN'T do them as is, they just do essentially the same thing right now within the framework of the rules, without introducing anything new. But I do acknowledge that sometimes there is a thematic value to doing things unusually (see: Two-Face II's coin), so if you have a specific motivation for doing them the old way, I'd be glad to hear it out.
I like putting the markers on the text to eliminate any sort of memory mechanics (Since that's something I'm pretty adamant about) but it's not a huge deal. Though if we stick with my idea then we should probably change it to placing the marker on the Special Power and omit the word text, since Flying and SS technically don't have text on the card.

Turning the die and wounds are good changes!

I'm not a fan of splitting out the double attack. Mainly because I don't like the look of 4 power cards if we can avoid them, and we lose the theme of it being part of his specific combat skills. But it's not a mechanical change so it's not a big deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I know the art for the markers will probably be the CDs but an arrow could be cool as it could be used to point to the selected power.
We could always overlay an arrow on top of the CD! Cool idea!

COMPETITIVE REVIEW BOARD CHECKLIST
Spoiler Alert!

CONSISTENCY CHECKLIST (SHORT FORM)
Spoiler Alert!

So I think we're about set here so I'm going to propose we move to Initial Testing!

I think I'll start around 400-450 points, and adjust as necessary until he feels about right.

Johnny's wording tweaks don't affect any mechanics, so we can continue to discuss those at any point.
Old February 27th, 2020, 04:19 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Prometheus ~ Vote for Initial

My main motivation in separating out the double attack thing is that it's attack only, while the other two are for any combat die roll or also including defending. I know when I first read that power, I thought the "change the result of a die" was only when he was attacking because of how it was placed. I think it helps with clarity.

The text thing just kind of raises weird, rule-lawyery questions, since we've never really defined it before. Same with "on a special power on a card" - like, what if we do textless cards someday?
Old February 27th, 2020, 04:20 PM
...has moist legs

You can't negate a special power if there isn't one.
Old February 27th, 2020, 05:08 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What about powers that are only a symbol - flying/Super Strength. Can he negate those? They don't have text on the card.

(This can all be hashed out as we go - yea for testing).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old February 27th, 2020, 05:09 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
What about powers that are only a symbol - flying/Super Strength. Can he negate those? They don't have text on the card.
I addressed that in my response to Johnny, Hawkeye.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library