Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Old December 24th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Xn F M's dungeons thread - The Isle of Eternal Despair

The Isle of Eternal Despair

In this adventure, the hero player takes five shipwrecked heros on a periouls quest to find their way home. (I've got better fluff incoming, but it needs a few more revisions still, and I'd much rather spend time playtesting than writing )

Scenario 01 - The Landing

Build Instructions

The hero player drafts five heros totalling 550 points, the heros with the highest and lowest point costs are set aside for later scenarios and rest are deployed on any water space. The dungeon player receives two squads of Fyorlag Spiders and one squad of Mohican River Tribe and deploys in the red start zone. The hero player must destroy the enemy forces in order to move on to scenario two, The Rescue.

This scenario also features the potentially devistating Falling Coconut Trap.

Scenario 02 - The Rescue

Build Instructions. In this scenario the hero player must rescue a captured party member from Brave Arrow and five Mohican tribesmen. This scenario features special rules for captives.

Scenario 03 - The Halls of the Restless Dead (Preview)

Scenario 04 - The Mindshackled (Preview)

Scenario 05 - The Chamber of Rot (Preview)

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

Last edited by Xn F M; February 1st, 2010 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Forgot to fix my edit comment, added instructions for scenario 2
Old December 24th, 2009, 01:59 PM

kitman Woo who?
Re: Xn F M's dungeons thread - The Isle of Eternal Despair

o0o0o0o0o0o looks fun good work.
Old December 24th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Halls of the Restless Dead sounds interesting...

Good work, and can't wait!

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old December 24th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks guys. I'm having a pretty good time working out this adventure path.

I've done a number of playtests on The Landing and I think I've got it to the point where it's challenging, but the odds of losing more than one hero aren't too high. However I think I may have just played it enough to have "solved" it from the hero side. I'd love to hear some feedback once (heck or even before) people have tried it out.

Personally, I was really supprised by how good the spiders are in this scenario.

Old December 30th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Gets It!!!

Alright, The Rescue is going to be a little late going up, it's having major ballence issues and the enemy forces need an overhaul.

Preliminary design is done for the Halls of th Restless Dead, though I'm not happy with it. I planned on combining a ms3 and some FotA columns for a vaulted tomb feeling and it's not really working yet. Hopefully once I get my hands on a MS3 it'll work out better.

I've also worked out the concept for scenario 4, The Mindshackled.

Old January 12th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Gets It!!!

Triple Post FTW!

Alright, I've added preview shots for scenarios 3-5 (and they're actually inside the dungeon ) and I think I've worked out an acceptable solution to the ballence issues I've been having with scenario 2. I'm planning on moving within the next two weeks though so I don't know if I'll have time to playtest unitl after that.

Once I get the next two rooms figured out I think I'll have all the concept work done for the entire dungeon.

Old January 12th, 2010, 02:20 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I just love the name - the Chamber of Rot. Good stuff!

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 12th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Gets It!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
I just love the name - the Chamber of Rot. Good stuff!
Thanks KC, I was on the fence about that one, but if people like it I'll leave it.

That's actually shaping up to be my favorite scenario so far. SoM + BftU look great together, and it's nice how the dungeon crawl theme makes even the Marro Drudge scary . . . . .

Old January 14th, 2010, 09:58 PM

Davey is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

This looks most excellent, keep up the good work!

"An army of principles can penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot." - Thomas Paine
Old January 26th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I love campaigns. Good luck.
Old January 31st, 2010, 08:13 PM
Gets It!!!

First post update.

I've finished playtesting scenario two. (build instructions)I think it's actually a little easier than scenario one (assuming you have all your heroes), but things should get a little more challenging in the Halls of the Restless Dead.

In this scenario in this scenario the heroes must rescue one of their allies who has been captured by the island natives. These are the rules I'm using for the captive hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me!

Captive: Place a black round marker on the unit that begins the game on top of the altar, this is the Captivity Marker. As long as the Captivity Marker remains on this unit and it is on a road hex, no other units may move onto a road hex.

Captivity Marker Rules: If the Captivity Marker is on a card, that unit may not be activated. Order markers may still be placed on this unit, however when that marker is
revealed the turn immidiately ends. A unit with Captivity marker on it does not engage enemy units and all abilities on its card are ignored. If a
friendly hero is adjacent to a unit with a captivity marker at the begining of it's turn, it may immidiately end its turn and remove the captivity
marker from play.
I've also updated the download for scenario one so that it does indicate that the heroes begin with a Vial of Resurrection.

I should get the Halls of the Restless Dead up in a day or two (or maybe later this evening) to give that a spin.

Old January 31st, 2010, 08:27 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is one of the more unique campaigns out there (not just exploring a cave like mine ). I do have one question. Why does having a captive on a road space render all road spaces off limits?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios