Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old January 23rd, 2009, 12:12 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Utgar needs a new dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_Of_Einar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Utgar needs a new NOTHING for a while. Let the other generals get some units under their belts.
Utgar is lacking if anything, The 4 generals + Aquilla joined forces to fight Utgar.......Give them a reson, more dragons, marrows, orcs, undead, anything that will make Utgar a force to be reconed with.
Or just have Vydar switch sides and join up with Utgar in the next Master Set (named Vydars Betrayal).
Old January 23rd, 2009, 12:42 PM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

Isn't Sujoah basically Aquilla's dragon?

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old January 23rd, 2009, 01:06 PM

Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_Of_Einar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Utgar needs a new NOTHING for a while. Let the other generals get some units under their belts.
Utgar is lacking if anything, The 4 generals + Aquilla joined forces to fight Utgar.......Give them a reson, more dragons, marrows, orcs, undead, anything that will make Utgar a force to be reconed with.
Or just have Vydar switch sides and join up with Utgar in the next Master Set (named Vydars Betrayal).
I thought Vydar was sided with Utgar for a while, then switched sides.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 01:12 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'm not really sure as I don't know the story line all that well. I thought Einar was with Utgar at first though, then switched sides. I also thought I read somewhere that Vydar does not have much Kyrie support. So he seems like a good canidate to switch to the side of evil to me. Plus he is loaded up with ranged units, something Utgar themed armies could use more of. So the two of them together would make for good allies IMO.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 01:22 PM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claws of Death View Post
By that logic, Su-Bak-Na's steed is another dragon for Utgar.

There we are kids: Utgar already has two dragons.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 01:27 PM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Weirdscaper View Post
Quote:

Ya, but utgar still needs a new dragon; his dragons are flower girls compared to the good guys' dragons.

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old January 23rd, 2009, 01:31 PM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Weirdscaper View Post
Quote:

Ya, but utgar still needs a new dragon; his dragons are flower girls compared to the good guys' dragons.
Mimring & Su-Bak-Na: FLOWER GIRLS?!?

You're a BLOOMIN' IDIOT!!!

Last edited by Dr. Weirdscaper; January 23rd, 2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 02:17 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd start off by saying that I think Utgar doesn't need anything new anytime soon. Although I'm not crazy about Mimring, I think that he fulfills the dragon requirement, and that to add anything more to Utgar right now would just be overkill.

Not only that, but there seems to be a lot of folks saying that everyone needs a dragon. Let me agree with Onacara's stance of "Why does everyone have to be equal?" Dragons are great and all, but you simply do not have to have one for every general. Instead, how about some more variety?

Let me bring up Heroes of Might and Magic III, which was (to me, at least), a spiritual ancestor of HeroScape. You've got eight different factions, each with a town that can recruit a number of different monsters of ascending strength, each with two forms-- a basic, and an upgraded one. Three of those eight had dragons as their top beast, including a bone/ghost dragon for the Necropolis, seen here:

A bit like Su Bak Na, hmm? Moving along. Three of the other towns could recruit angels/archangels, devils/arch devils, giants / titans (shades of Jotun, there), awesome-looking critters called behemoths...

(personal favorites of mine)

...and finally, you've got a swamp town which could recruit hydras...

I'd give a not-so-subtle nudge to Aquila in that direction, being as she's so very swampy. My point is that all of these creatures were top-tier threats, and yet there was all kinds of asymmetry in their design. Dragons are lovely, but how about some more variety? A dragon-sized mecha for Vydar? That might be cool. A gigantic scorpion for Aquila? Also good.

Variety = good!

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers

Last edited by Granite-M; January 23rd, 2009 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Scorpion > spider
Old January 23rd, 2009, 02:17 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
How does a giant bug = a dragon?

By that logic then Jotun is a 2nd dragon for Ullar.

-insert signature here-
Old January 23rd, 2009, 02:28 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I do agree that Mimring is somewhat of a paper tiger. But, if you aren't careful around him, you could get a serious paper cut!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old January 23rd, 2009, 03:34 PM

Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
I do agree that Mimring is somewhat of a paper tiger. But, if you aren't careful around him, you could get a serious paper cut!
Ya, and then it could get infected.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 04:30 PM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
How does a giant bug = a dragon?

By that logic then Jotun is a 2nd dragon for Ullar.
Well Sujoah is a dragonfly right? So that must make him Aquilla's dragon. Well sort of. Okay not really.

Long live Heroscape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion