Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old November 13th, 2018, 03:05 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Well met!

Latest version - highlighted most recent changes . . .

Hoard of the Dragon

Ichorgoloth

or

or

Map. 2 of these will be built, containing between them (replacing 2 Start Zones) an open area of Castle Walk [free built by me on the morning of game day] containing 1 fewer Brandar's chest Treasure Glyphs than the total number of Players in the Game. The remaining Start Zones will be expanded to contain all Players' units.

The Armies. 2 teams. Only Small or Medium, bi-pedal, non-flying figures, total points not to exceed 600, per Player. Classic/C3V only, except Kha is allowed. Valhalla Society only (no guns).

Ichorgoloth. Ichorgoloth may only attack units standing (fully or partially) on Castle Walk spaces in the central area, must end its move standing (fully or partially) on Castle Walk spaces in the central area, and may not be taken over (permanently or temporarily) by any player. Ichorgoloth has Order Markers, rolls for Initiative with the players, and acts during his turns, according to a roll of a 20-sider as follows:

1-10 - When beginning his turn adjacent to at least 2 units, Ichorgoloth attacks 2 (chosen randomly). When beginning his turn adjacent to only 1, Ichorgoloth attacks it twice. Ichorgoloth moves so as to be able to attack as many units as possible (chosen randomly) if unengaged.

11-15 - Ichorgoloth attacks one adjacent unit twice (chosen randomly). Ichorgoloth moves to do so if unengaged.

16-20 - When beginning his turn adjacent to only one figure or unengaged, Ichorgoloth moves (taking any Leaving Engagement attack) so as to be able to attack as many other figures as possible (chosen randomly). If no other figures are within his threat range and he is adjacent to a figure, Ichorgoloth attacks it.

Ichorgoloth

The Game. The Game will last 10 Rounds. At the end of 8 Rounds, the team alliances dissolve. At the end of 10 Rounds, Victory Points (VP) are awarded to each player as follows:

1 VP for the most enemy units killed.

1 VP for the most Friendly units remaining.

1 VP for the most Treasure Glyphs held.

Last edited by kolakoski; November 19th, 2018 at 10:45 AM.
Old November 13th, 2018, 03:25 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

2 autoshields is gargantuan in Classic Scape. You could get away with 1 automatic shield, but not two.*

*Iron Golem does it because his only affects special attacks, not all attacks.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 13th, 2018, 03:31 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
2 autoshields is gargantuan in Classic Scape. You could get away with 1 automatic shield, but not two.*
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post

*Iron Golem does it because his only affects special attacks, not all attacks.
Ichorgoloth is a Neutral Force character, and is supposed to be relatively invincible. [I suppose Sudema or Atlaga could one shot him . . . ]

Last edited by kolakoski; November 13th, 2018 at 03:59 PM.
Old November 15th, 2018, 08:26 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Sheman Davies has revealed his Heroscape game for next Saturday Nov. 17 to be a Classic team match of 600 Points on his most excellent Stone Gate Dam board, possibly followed by a second on that map using his Superhero cards. Four of us will be in attendance.

In the mean time, I just received my Kickstarter package for Richard Borg's The Great War (C&C WWI) Expansion #2 the French Army, including the French Heavy Tank module and enough components to play an unofficial double board game. Everything is complete and it looks great!

Right now I'm solitairing my own unofficial double board ("Epic") version of Tricorne: American Revolution I call Brooklyn Is Epic, which allows you to play the simultaneous two main actions of The Battle of Brooklyn, which happened on 27 August 1776 only a few miles from my house! So far its lots of fun, with minimal rules changes/additions.

Because you can't have enough Brooklyn (Kings County, NYC).

Last edited by chas; November 16th, 2018 at 01:07 PM.
Old November 19th, 2018, 12:23 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Sat. Dec. 1 I'll be hosting another custom Scape scenario which will fit the four of us (with Quizcode filling in for Kolakoski--away for the next two months on a Caribbean vacation, that lucky devil--and up to two others.

And more holiday season boardgaming will continue with all Saturdays in December. We'll be playing titles suggested by others all month!

If you'll be in or near NYC for any of them, PM me with your game suggestions and directions to The Game Palace here in Brooklyn Heights! If not, have a great Holiday Season 2018! I'll be enjoying them and also my birthday on Christmas Eve; right along with That Other Guy!
Old November 19th, 2018, 10:48 AM

Well met!

Thanks to Dr.Goomonkey for all his help! New Dragon Card:

Old November 20th, 2018, 08:33 AM

Kolakoski,

The man loves his dragon, and it is pretty cool. Sorry I won't see him again until February at the earliest! Nice karate photo, sensei. Stay strong!
Old November 24th, 2018, 06:53 PM

Well met!

Thanks to Dr.Goomonkey for all his help! New Dragon Card:

Even newer . . .

Old November 26th, 2018, 05:39 AM

A WINTRY MIX

A 2018 Holiday Heroscape Scenario For Up To Six Players

By Chas

According to legend, way up in the misty snow covered Dragonspine Mountains lie fabulous magic treasures. But winter storms and the terrain is challenging, and explorers in the past have returned empty handed, if they returned at all. Now several parties are going up there, and all hands will be against you except those of your own group!

This is a Free For All scenario for 2-6 players with armies of 650 points each of Classic or C3V/SOV figures. Treasure Glyphs may become available which will give you special abilities and be worth extra Victory Points at the end of 10 Turns if you possess them. Otherwise you earn the VP of enemies you defeat (Full Card Scoring) plus points you still have on the board at the end of the game.

Expect the unexpected! Ho Ho Ho!

Note: The Secret Game Master Information needed to run this scenario will be added here after the upcoming session on Saturday December 1, 2018.

Here are some hints about the map just sent to the players:

Guys,

The map for Saturday's A Wintry Mix Heroscape scenario is up! Since as a player I can see it and you can't, here are some hints:

Lots of glacier mountains, snow, and ice. Also pine trees, ruins, road, shadow, and bits of molten lava and water. There are three inactive widely spaced regular purple glyphs, marking the spaces where your unique/uncommon heroes can search for golden Treasure Glyphs--for which normal rules apply, although those that may become available will be my own custom TGs. The map is reasonably friendly to two space characters, but there are some tight corners! There are no limits on army building other than 650 points, so have fun making your army. I've got some ideas for mine, which I'll be assembling today!

The battlefield is easily big enough for six players, although I'm only expecting four right now. The start zones are the first two-three rows of the board edges, each of which is clearly divided into three sections by partial sight blockers.

A Wintry Mix—Secret Game Master Information

The Terrain and Finding Treasure Glyph basic rules are revealed at game start. Other rules here marked with an asterisk (*) are revealed to the players only as they come into the game.

Terrain: All Snow is Normal Snow. All Ice is Slippery Ice. Note the rule Landing On Slippery Ice, which means all figures landing on such a hex from flying leaping, falling dropping, etc. as well as moving must pay 2 Movement Points per Ice Hex.

*Storm of Frozen Shards: Before Order Markers are placed, at the beginning of Turns 3, 6, and 9 (of 10), roll a D20. A result of 1-14 means a deadly Storm of Ice Shards blankets the entire board! If the storm occurs, each player must roll six attack dice, and assign all wounds rolled to any of their characters as they desire. A character who dies cannot be given any further wounds. A squad figure may be killed, but a Hero many only be reduced to one wound remaining by the Storm. (Note: this phenomenon is from one of the Frozen Soul Game Scenarios from the Thaelenk Tundra expansion).

Treasure Glyphs: (+250 VP each if held at game end)
Normal Treasure Glyph rules apply (see Battle For The Underdark).

Finding Treasure Glyphs
There are three gold Treasure Glyphs (TGs) initially placed evenly along the center line of the board among the Ice Mountain passes. If a player's Unique or Uncommon Hero (only) land on these TGs glyphs, they may roll to find them. If found, the Hero must then roll for traps as normal (1-5 = 1 Wound).

*D20 Roll of 12-10 finds a glyph. If none is found, player may roll again when flipping another another Order Marker for the occupying figure.

*Custom Treasure Glyphs (Reveal individual TG properties only when found, or when the first Storm of Shards occurs for the Wand).

The Mesmer Mirror: (Proxied by the Broach of Shielding ) The carrying player may immediately steal one army card from another player, except that of the highest point value in that army remaining on the map. Any current Order Markers on the card are removed. If two in the target army have the same point value, make a random roll to see which may be stolen. Keep control of the card until it is defeated, or until the carrying player loses the MM Treasure Glyph. If another player picks up the MMTG, he may now use it, and so forth! A player can only have one mesmerized enemy card in play at one time. However, if the card is defeated, he may take another one.

The Soujourner's Stone: (Proxied by The Giant Hunter Stone) The carrying player gets +3 movement to his entire army.

The Weather Wand: (Proxied by Brandar's Chest) The carrying player is immune to the effects of The Storm of Frozen Shards. (Do not reveal this effect until the first storm!)

We had two great games yesterday with this new scenario, which you are free to try. Photos will eventually be downloaded so you can see how I freebuilt the board. Two separate session summaries will follow; one for each game.

Since Taeblewalker was unable to attend due to inclement weather, and another pal was ill, I gave my players two options to proceed with just the three of us:

Starting Option A:

I or someone else could run two armies. Because this was a free for all scenario that would not work as a team game, and I obviously was not going to attack myself, I suggested that they not attack each other either for the first few turns. But they felt it would be unfair to them, and so chose:

Starting Option B:

The long edges of the map had been divided by ruins into three separate sections of 8 hexes each, in case we had six players. My plan for having a four player free for all was to have each player start on a left or right section in effect in the corners of the map. For a three player free for all, should it become necessary, I planned to have two players begin in two corners on one side, with the third starting in the middle section on the opposite side, forming a triangle of starting areas. Although the player on the other side was a bit further away, the map was designed to have players need to get to the middle of the board quickly. So we gave the least experienced player that middle position. This proved so successful that the players elected to use it again for Game Two.

Last edited by chas; December 2nd, 2018 at 12:30 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2018, 11:07 AM

A WINTRY MIX: GAME ONE

CHAS TEAM: "A Wintry Mix"
Nilfhiem 185
Eltahale 140
Ice Troll Berzerker 85
Isamu 10
Dzu-Teh x3 225
TOTAL: 645

SHERMAN DAVIES (SD) TEAM
Major Q10 150
Krav Maga 100
Valguard 110
Dreadgul Raiders x4 260
Guilty McCreech 30

QUIZCODE (QC) TEAM
Cyprian Eisenwein 150
Eltahale 140
Kaemon Awa 120
Anubian Woves x3 225

This was an exciting scenario, with three powerful Treasure Glyphs to grab, and a bridge in the center over one of them which did not admit tall characters under it--even the Ice Troll could not fit, let alone the many larger pieces. QC started out with the super speedy Cyprien, grabbing that central glyph and then flying over to and attacking my Nilfheim, who had grabbed the glyph on the left (from my perspective). The fighting was so intense in this area that at the end of the game both glyphs ended face up on the board unclaimed, since everyone who had either picked one up or even tried to do so was dead!

This game went only 7 of the 10 Turns, climaxing when one of the SD Krav Maga on the central bridge fired down, killing QC's Keamon Awa, who dropped one of the glyphs. This shifted the points removing KAs from QC and adding them to SD, while also losing QC the 250 Point Glyph Bonus!

Therefore only SD ended up with the third glyph, which had been contested between him and QC. As for me, I had rolled a record (for both games) five skulls during the first game storm, and rolled a few more later, which seriously crippled my army. Adding that to bad die luck in general, I ended up with almost no points at all.

Final Score:

Sherman Davies: 1,100
Quizcode: 550
Chas: 75

Last edited by chas; December 2nd, 2018 at 01:37 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2018, 11:08 AM

A WINTRY MIX: GAME TWO

CHAS TEAM "A Viking Wintry Mix"
Frost Giant 140
Ice Elemental 130
Valguard 110
Pel The Hill Giant 90
Nerak The Glacial Swog Rider 50
Guilty McCreech 30
DreadGul Raiders x3 195
TOTAL: 635

SHERMAN DAVIES TEAM
Braxas 210
Tandros Kreel 120
Raelin 80
Microcorp Troopers x3 240

QUIZCODE TEAM
Major Q10 180
Fen Hydra x2 240
Black Wrymlings x2 60
Death Reavers x4 160

This second game played out completely differently, and went the full 10 Game Turns. All three Glyphs were owned for points at the end. I played very strategically, and my original plan actually worked! I first sent out Nerak to grab a glyph and bring it far back to my Start Zone. Meanwhile, on top of the bridge, SD's Braxas was tied down by both of QC's Black Wrymlings, we joked about the mama dragon spanking its babies.

Avoiding most of the fighting going on on top of the bridge. I had my only shooter, Guilty, take four shots at Braxas as it was weakened but only took out one of the baby black dragons, but I did not hit and my own shooter was killed. I sent some Dreadguls to clear the way, who encountered Tandros Kreel at the central stairway, but eventually he was off the board. Then I snuck Valguard under it to grab the central glyph. There was a Hydra there on the other side close to the glyph to attack me, although it couldn't grab the glyph itself. But since the glyph turned out to be the Mesmer Mirror, I rolled randomly to see which Hydra I could take control of, and it turned out to be this near one, the second being still in QCs Start Zone. I was then able to get Valguard back to my side of the bridge, away from all of SDs squad shooters, although he did take out the last of my Dreadgul's there, as they battled some of QCs "rats."

SD, now without any Heroes to get glyphs, played spoiler, hurting my Hydra from the bridge (I was to lose him) and then traveling far down near my end zone, where they actually took out Nerak, who dropped his glyph. But I defeated his squaddies, and sent the hitherto undamaged Frost Giant to pick up the Glyph.

My strategy had to play keep away, so as to end the game with most of my army intact for its points, which worked out. I also killed Raelin and squad of rats and Microcorp Troopers for a few points. Then I got 500 points for the two glyphs.

Final Score
Chas 1,175
Quizcode 555
Sherman Davies 445

Oddly enough, this Game Day closely mirrored that of the previous Saturday for my personal adventure, when we'd played two games of Cry Havoc. During the first I'd also placed a poor third of three players. But I won the second close game on a tie breaker, for one initial loss but a second game win!

Last edited by chas; December 2nd, 2018 at 01:40 PM.
Old December 24th, 2018, 06:38 AM

*HAPPY WINTER HOLIDAY SEASON 2018 TO ALL!*

Shouldn't every day be a holiday? For me, since my birthday is Christmas Eve, which is today as I write this, its even more special. My old Canadian gamer pal will be down here to game our brains out between Christmas and New Years Day, with some other friends dropping by to join us.

I've already just solitaired the 12 scenario WWI Verdun series in my brand new The Great War Expansion #2: The French Army with more new scenarios to play later on. This was a lot of fun!

A pal brought his new Euro Kami-sama over yesterday and we did a 3 Player and a 2 Player (with the Fox Spirit AI). This allowed up to get 5 of the 20 new Kami on the board as player spirits. Did I mention that I won both games? It always helps to read the rules ahead of time! I was in Japan a couple of years ago, and my own new Japan themed games this year were Rising Sun, Far East War, and Iki.

Later this week we'll be playing Star Trek Ascendancy, Memoir 44 Overlord Peleliu Landings and Iwo Jima, and who knows what else!

Hope your own holidays are full of good cheer and gaming too!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion