Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old January 28th, 2018, 01:00 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Anyone in or near the NYC area, besides members of the group here (who are already interested), can give me a PM if you'd like to try the awesome new RISING SUN (CMON, by Eric. M. Lang). Even though it hasn't arrived yet, it is expected any day now, and we are already organizing New Yorkers on Bordgamegeek as well to play together when it does! The game takes three to six players, and is heavy on negotiation and diplomacy.

This is the sequel to the Viking themed Blood Rage, with a fantasy medieval Japanese motif, and combines supposedly amazing game play with incredible components, and over 100 outstanding miniatures. Posters who have both games now comment on how the minis are 'improved' over the already incredible ones for BR! A third game in the "Myth Trilogy" will be issued eventually as well.

(Edit 2/4): I have a game this Friday with the first NYC guy to receive his game. And my neighbor just got his delivery notice for this week!

Because the core game was in limited release at the last GenCon, and is now being delivered in the Eastern half of the USA so far, you can already see reviews (of the core game), and unboxings videos and photos of the entire Kickstarter package (which comes in five beautiful boxes) on www.boardgamegeek.com.

Last edited by chas; February 5th, 2018 at 11:24 PM.
Old January 29th, 2018, 02:52 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Just purchased a painted version on Amazon (only a couple left in stock) for
Gang's next game day (Taeblewalker's HoB game (2/7) on his Savage Land Map).

P.S.: Amazon says:

Arriving:
Friday, February 2 -
Wednesday, February 7

It should arrive in time . . .

Old January 29th, 2018, 03:14 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Very nice indeed!

So are you committing it to your army, or going to redo your team before game day?

Last edited by chas; January 30th, 2018 at 10:17 PM.
Old January 29th, 2018, 08:08 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Very nice indeed!

So are you committing it to your army, or going to redo your team it before game day?

How could I not?! Isn’t he beautiful?

Last edited by kolakoski; January 30th, 2018 at 11:34 AM.
Old January 30th, 2018, 10:19 PM

Aha! Just as I thought! You need to spend some energy on other games once in a while. But don't worry...the sun will be rising soon over Brooklyn!
Old February 8th, 2018, 07:27 AM

With Taeblewalker sidelined yesterday by the upstate weather, we played a great scenario Kolakoski made up at the last minute as a replacement. It was an exciting 3 Player free for all, and I came back from the cellar and surprisingly won on Turn Ten!

Chas Army 600 Points

Master Lao Xin (new C3V)
Master Woo
Shaolin Monks x2
Sgt. Drake II

Then my neighbor got his brand new Kickstarter copy of RISING SUN delivered. He brought it over and unboxed it in front of our eyes. We jumped into a 4 Player game. I played Lotus Clan; he won with Koi. I have two more game plays planned just this weekend, and am coordinating four more for the second half of February--with my own copy; due tomorrow!

Its lots of fun, with some surface similarities to its series predecessor Blood Rage, but an entirely different game.

Last edited by chas; February 9th, 2018 at 05:33 AM.
Old February 9th, 2018, 01:51 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
With Taeblewalker sidelined yesterday by the upstate weather, we played a great scenario Kolakoski made up at the last minute as a replacement. It was an exciting 3 Player free for all, and I came back from the cellar and surprisingly won on Turn Ten!

Chas Army 600 Points

Master Lao Xin (new C3V)
Master Woo
Shaolin Monks x2
Sgt. Drake II

This game was, using elements of
The Forbidden Cathedral!, replacing the Thralls/Nicholas Esenwein with Knights of Weston/Sir Gilbert/Sir Denrick/Sir Hawthorne/Alastair, for the purpose of playtesting Gothlok and, to a lesser extent, Marutuk.

More pics of game in the Gallery

While I had the sculpt for Gothlok already, we proxied Jotun for Marutuk, and Othkurik for Brimstone. Marutuk's powers were irrelevant for the most part. Gothlok's Aura of Despair proved quite useful, and we concluded that he was good as is, including his price.

Congrats to chas, and thanks to him yet again for hosting us.

Old February 9th, 2018, 02:04 PM

Actually, we used Moltenclaw for Brimstone.

Rising Sun just arrived!!!
Old February 16th, 2018, 03:46 PM

I have now played and enjoyed three 4 Player games of Rising Sun, and am coordinating about 20 people in four more sessions this month, using both old regular pals and new contacts from Boardgamegeek via my Organized Play thread and others there.

Tomorrow will be my first 5 Player game with 3 'new' faces and 1 regular pal. Others dates are also filling up, and several BGGers busy this month will be joining us for games in March If you are in or around NYC and want to get a piece of this action, PM me!

Kolakoski and Sherman Davies have already participated, with Taeblewalker due to try out this fantastic new board game next week! Tomorrow we will change up from the default newbie set up to try some of the additions and expansions available in the full Kickstarter version which I backed!

(Edit): K and T both have the flu, but we're still playing...will be my first 3 Player!

Last edited by chas; February 21st, 2018 at 11:50 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 06:33 AM

With both K. and T. laid low by the flu, I hosted my first 3 player game of Rising Sun, proving that I could lose with almost any clan at almost any player count! Maybe I'll see a victory when I finally do a 6 Player, which is now the final frontier.

Tomorrow will be my 7th RS play; not bad for a game that just came out about 3 weeks ago (Kickstarter only)! We're angling now to meet early to get two games in back to back; that's how much people around here want to play. Last RS one guy took time off of work, but had to leave after only one game--we've got them down to about 3 hours now--so he could then go home and teach his copy to his own local player group!

(Edit): Played my 7th and 8th games, met a fifth new local pal through Boardgamegeek, and will be sending out a March game date schedule in a week. If you'd like to join in, just PM me with your email, and I'll send you out the new schedule!

Last edited by chas; February 25th, 2018 at 07:03 AM.
Old March 6th, 2018, 04:47 AM

Its looks like once again winter snow will prevent Taeblewalker from attending our meeting on Wednesday March 7. Kolakoski has come up with a 3 player map for a 600 point kill 'em all as a substitute. After this we'll play Rising Sun!
Old March 6th, 2018, 09:47 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I hope that snow doesn't hang around when I visit NY for the first time next week. Seems like every time I check the weather it's going to be colder than the last time I checked it.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion