Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old December 7th, 2018, 03:40 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Index of 3D Printed Stl Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Does anyone know what type of plastic the original tiles are made from?
Check this thread

Only two people answered. The first said styrene. The second said polyethylene. I'm tending to think it's probably injection molded polyethylene.
Old December 12th, 2018, 12:18 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I don't think the terrain is Polyethylene. The terrain seems too brittle to me to be PE. PE is more "bendy"; think Dogloo, that product is polyethylene. I think it is probably ABS, but not positive. LEGOs are made from ABS, but using molds with a very low surface finish.

If it were styrene, it would melt in contact with model cement, which I don't think it does. Polyethylene would not be able to be glued with Super Glue; I think terrain can be glued with Super Glue. Can anyone confirm. Acetone (ie - nail polish) would melt ABS. Has anyone tried acetone on a terrain piece?

One guy in the other thread mentioned yellowing snow (not yellow snow; that's different; don't eat it). I have had success whitening yellowed snow using Oxy Clean, Hydrogen Peroxide and sunlight.
Old December 12th, 2018, 12:49 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I have some hexes that were glued together to make a large bridge, they were a friends tiles so I'm not sure what he used for the glue. I know the tiles are fairly brittle too, I stepped on one and it fractured along hard lines.
Old December 12th, 2018, 03:31 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I don't think the terrain is Polyethylene. The terrain seems too brittle to me to be PE. PE is more "bendy"; think Dogloo, that product is polyethylene. I think it is probably ABS, but not positive. LEGOs are made from ABS, but using molds with a very low surface finish.

If it were styrene, it would melt in contact with model cement, which I don't think it does. Polyethylene would not be able to be glued with Super Glue; I think terrain can be glued with Super Glue. Can anyone confirm. Acetone (ie - nail polish) would melt ABS. Has anyone tried acetone on a terrain piece?

One guy in the other thread mentioned yellowing snow (not yellow snow; that's different; don't eat it). I have had success whitening yellowed snow using Oxy Clean, Hydrogen Peroxide and sunlight.
I use MEK to melt ABS to repair ABS on a vintage camper I'm restoring. I should try that to repair some broken tiles and see if it works. a little MEK to "soften" the ABS and then push the two sides together and let them set.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 18th, 2018, 01:38 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

As every single time I started any Heroscape related project, life got in the way again. This time the project I was working on was the Ticalla Jungle set, and it's the second time I have to stop work on this (same happened with medium and big outcrops).

I will be preparing a competitive examination and won't have any free time until summer, so I decided to share my ticalla files in their current unfinished status. I'd host the files to link them directly form here, but the leaves file is too big and it's only 1 out of 4.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3295375
Old December 20th, 2018, 09:58 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Because we are going out of town, my family opened up Christmas Presents...Guess what I got. Well I haven't got it yet since it wasn't delivered in time but I got a cool picture of it.

My wife and son got me an Ender 3...Get ready for lots of questions.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 20th, 2018, 10:12 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Because we are going out of town, my family opened up Christmas Presents...Guess what I got. Well I haven't got it yet since it wasn't delivered in time but I got a cool picture of it.

Congrats japes. 3d printers are super fun but can have quite a few little problems pop up that will get you a bit irritated at times. Overall they are very fun tools for someone printing out components for tabletop game pieces.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 20th, 2018, 01:01 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:

Yay!

My Ender 3 probably won't arrive in time for Christmas either, but it's on its way. Looking forward to better resolution than my current printer.
Old December 20th, 2018, 01:01 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Sweet.
One of the main things you need are settings for Cura.
Search around online.
Old December 20th, 2018, 01:15 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:

Yay!

My Ender 3 probably won't arrive in time for Christmas either, but it's on its way. Looking forward to better resolution than my current printer.
Oh wow. So the Ender 3 has better resolution than what you are using now. Cool. I haven't had any issues with what you've sent me so far.

My biggest hope is that I can find some stand in models for the C3G common figures.

Old December 22nd, 2018, 11:19 PM

crxcowboy is surprisingly tart

Just got an Ender 3 myself. Can't wait to try something simple like the lamp posts first. Then I'll advance to the big stuff like the glaciers. But, I was curious about the figures. There are some scans on here of figures, but when viewed in a model viewer they seem quite ... "blobby." Even though they are supposed to be high res scans, is that really what the figures look like without the paint?
Old December 22nd, 2018, 11:44 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxcowboy View Post
Just got an Ender 3 myself. Can't wait to try something simple like the lamp posts first. Then I'll advance to the big stuff like the glaciers. But, I was curious about the figures. There are some scans on here of figures, but when viewed in a model viewer they seem quite ... "blobby." Even though they are supposed to be high res scans, is that really what the figures look like without the paint?
The scans have been cleaned up taking the excess background and such out. Then wk has added a base. They can still be put in a slicer program and cleaned up more but that takes a good bit of time. Having just about every model in my collection I can say they are not as crisp as the originals but are a good start. The glaciers are actually much easier than you would think. Good luck to you in your 3d printing quest for the table top it is quite fun but more work than youd expect.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing